Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:57:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Restoring A-Ads reputation (was "A highly misleading topic at bitcointalk")  (Read 1565 times)
raads (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 11:47:07 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 01:04:28 PM by raads

Hello,

I represent the A-ads bitcoin advertising network and I'd like to resolve an issue which has been prominently featured for at least a couple of years.

When you search for A-ads in Google: https://www.google.com/search?q=a-ads the first hit is a topic at bitcointalk which reads: "a-ads.com SCAM - Bitcoin Talk"  Sad. If you read this topic diligently you'll understand that the original poster's question was fully resolved and we are not scammers. For some reasons Google believes it's the most pertinent result in regard to A-ads however it creates a very negative image about our company and it's also 100% false because we are not scammers.

I would like this topic to be deleted/hidden or archived so that Google stopped featuring it in its results.

If the bitcointalk administration doesn't believe this topic should get such a treatment, I request its Subject to be changed to "Is A-ads scam?" or something less demeaning because at the moment it's simply unacceptable.

I've tried contacting at least six different moderators here to no avail.

Best regards,
The A-ads team
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 11:50:23 AM

I would like this topic to be deleted/hidden or archived so that Google stopped featuring it in its results.
It's already archived (On this forum, archiving means the topic was moved into the Others -> Archive section).

If the bitcointalk administration doesn't believe this topic should get such a treatment, I request its Subject to be changed to "Is A-ads scam?" or something less demeaning because at the moment it's simply unacceptable.
AFAIK moderation/administration doesn't manipulate content like that.
This is a forum, meaning content is provided by the users and as long as its within the lines of the forum rules, there's no moderational involvement needed.

For reference: Thread in question - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=749432.0

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 12:04:14 PM

This is a forum, meaning content is provided by the users and as long as its within the lines of the forum rules, there's no moderational involvement needed.

The original post contains nothing but false accusations. I'm not sure that's how things should stay/be. And as moderators of this forum I guess you should strive to keep the forum topics relevant, objective and true. The one we're talking about is nothing but.

By your reasoning I am perfectly allowed to create the topic where I will say things like, "bitcointalk forum is run by wretches and the whole forum is nothing but scammers gathering" and that would be OK, right?
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:30:07 PM

The original post contains nothing but false accusations. I'm not sure that's how things should stay/be. And as moderators of this forum I guess you should strive to keep the forum topics relevant, objective and true. The one we're talking about is nothing but.

By your reasoning I am perfectly allowed to create the topic where I will say things like, "bitcointalk forum is run by wretches and the whole forum is nothing but scammers gathering" and that would be OK, right?
Yes that's how this forum works.
Officially you are allowed to accuse anyone of anything, but should provide sufficient proof. In reality people are just saying what they want. You can pick any business that advertises here and start a topic in the service discussion saying it's shit, scam and people should avoid it. I've seen it done by competing businesses like gambling sites, that were using new accounts to start topics meant to discourage people.

On the other hand you have to understand that thoroughly checking each accusation would require a lot of time and effort from staff members. They can't simply delete a thread because you, the business owner, have vouched for it.

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 12:38:21 PM

You could call those "wretches" running the forum (being theymos) themselves scammers, if you want to.

Scandal Source says Theymos scammed 6000 BTC, worth $14.8 million dollars today

(Obviously that topic is pure bullshit, yet it still exists, as it's not breaking any forum rules.
No, I'm not facilitating the creation of spam/troll topics, just giving examples of how moderation is executed.)

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 01:01:28 PM

Yes that's how this forum works.
Officially you are allowed to accuse anyone of anything, but should provide sufficient proof. In reality people are just saying what they want. You can pick any business that advertises here and start a topic in the service discussion saying it's shit, scam and people should avoid it. I've seen it done by competing businesses like gambling sites, that were using new accounts to start topics meant to discourage people.

On the other hand you have to understand that thoroughly checking each accusation would require a lot of time and effort from staff members. They can't simply delete a thread because you, the business owner, have vouched for it.

Lovely. Still I'm perplexed as to why this topic cannot be hidden/deleted as I'm perfectly sure SMF can do that.

I'm asking this for the sole reason of recovering our name/image. I've no idea why Google algos believe this three years old topic deserves a top spot.

Edit: if you're aware of any means of contacting Google for this URL removal, I'd be glad to know. I've found nothing so far.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 01:13:00 PM

Lovely. Still I'm perplexed as to why this topic cannot be hidden/deleted as I'm perfectly sure SMF can do that.
It absolutely can be removed, however it won't. The forum doesn't, and should never, limit other users' free speech - even if what is being written is blatantly incorredt.
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 01:30:42 PM

It absolutely can be removed, however it won't. The forum doesn't, and should never, limit other users' free speech - even if what is being written is blatantly incorredt.

People often make their decisions based on Google results. If by free speech you mean "vilifying in order to destroy one's business" then I'm simply astounded. I'm all for free speech if it's civil, polite and respectful. That's not the case though.

99% of people won't read past the original message to find out that this topic is falsehood.

Earn with Bitcoin

Activity: 65
Merit: 7

Reviewing low-investment Bitcoin opportunities!

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 03:57:07 PM

I'd recommend getting an SEO / Media Outreach agency, to work on getting positive coverage (on larger, reputable platforms - blogs, media outlets etc). By having this online, you should easily be able to push the Bitcointalk result to the second page. Bitcointalk ranks quite well, but most of the time only for specific BTC & ICO topics. So for your product, you should easily be able to outrank the negative thread if you get more positive coverage and sites online, I think.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:56:56 PM

The forum doesn't, and should never, limit other users' free speech

It does, it should, and you seem to have a distorted understanding of what it means for free speech to be protected.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 07:42:11 PM

The forum does not moderate scams or scam accusations. Topics will not be deleted or moved to the trashcan for being misleading, being a scam, or anything else. The only reasons for a thread's removal is for violating any forum rules which do not have anything pertaining to scams or scam accusations. They only pertain to posting behavior (i.e. spamming, off topicness, duplicate threads, etc.), and those are the only things which will be moderated.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 04:05:23 PM

It does, it should, and you seem to have a distorted understanding of what it means for free speech to be protected.
Perhaps talking about free speech was inappropriate in this scenario.

Would you say this is better?
"The forum doesn't, and shouldn't, silence criticism of any member, service or business posted here - even if it is blatantly incorrect".
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

I have no idea what your company is all about nor have I ever used your services but it seems that you have some issues.
McAfee security regards your website as "high risk - dangerous".

When I googled "a-ads" as you said, this is what came up.

Here is the site report that the popup gave me.

https://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/site/default.aspx?url=https%3A//a-ads.com/&ref=safesearch

I just wanted to note you to that one as well as of course it would discourage anyone who is trying to deal with you.

Good Luck
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:00:46 PM

I have no idea what your company is all about nor have I ever used your services but it seems that you have some issues.
McAfee security regards your website as "high risk - dangerous".

When I googled "a-ads" as you said, this is what came up.

Here is the site report that the popup gave me.

https://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/site/default.aspx?url=https%3A//a-ads.com/&ref=safesearch

I just wanted to note you to that one as well as of course it would discourage anyone who is trying to deal with you.

Good Luck

We'll contact McAfee to resolve this issue.

Meanwhile VirusTotal indicates we're 100% clean.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 01:07:23 AM

Do you think it really has that big of an impact to possible customers? I mean, once you click it it's pretty obvious that your service isn't a scam.
Couldn't you just start another topic for your service (if you don't have an official one already), once that one has more replies, it might show up on top in the future?

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 12:14:04 AM

Do you think it really has that big of an impact to possible customers? I mean, once you click it it's pretty obvious that your service isn't a scam.
Couldn't you just start another topic for your service (if you don't have an official one already), once that one has more replies, it might show up on top in the future?
A-ads have their official topic. It's older (made in 2013) and have much more replies (54 pages). So, it's strange that official topic shown in much lover position than this accusation.

raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:23:14 AM

Could anything confirm that McAffee no longer considers a-ads.com website "bad"?

A-ads have their official topic. It's older (made in 2013) and have much more replies (54 pages). So, it's strange that official topic shown in much lover position than this accusation.

Yeah, their ranking system nowadays is really hard to understand.
psiksenz

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:29:16 AM

It's interesting that Google determines that post should come up first on search results.  Previous posters are correct though, BCT will never remove the post themselves, the only possible thing you could do is create a lot more positive content around the forums here.  I don't know if you have marketing guys, but if you do, I'm sure they can think of some ideas.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:04:20 PM

I did a Google search. Looks okay now.

A-ADS: Bitcoin Advertising Network
https://a-ads.com/
Advertising network that uses Bitcoin and doesn't spy for its users. Advertisers pay publishers any amount of money and get a proportional share of impressions ...

Sign In
Sign In. Username; Bitcoin address. * Username ...

Catalog
Selected category gives ~2645148 impressions per day and ...

Anonymous Ads
Create your bitcoin advertising campaign in 30 seconds without ...

Create Ad Unit
Our software verifies that the ad unit code is embedded in the ...

Create Ad
Click here if your ad is Gambling, NSFW, Risky investments or ...

Forgot your password?
Forgot your password? * Email. Sign In · Sign Up · Didn't ...

More results from a-ads.com »

[ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now ...
https://bitcointalk.org › ... › Marketplace › Service Announcements › Micro Earnings
Feb 3, 2013 - 23 posts - ‎7 authors
About Anonymous Ads We are the transparent Bitcoin advertising network that doesn't collect any personal data about its users. Our lightweight ...

Is there any advertising network like A-Ads that accepts blogs ...   28 Jan 2017
Earn Bitcoins On Autopilot A-ads   30 Apr 2016
a-ads.com SCAM   21 Aug 2014
a-ads and coinurl trick to earn extra money only for 0.5 btc ...   25 Mar 2014
More results from bitcointalk.org
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:20:09 PM

The PageRank algorithm that Google uses seemed to be weird, and sometimes websites that contains virus and other malware appear at the top results (which Google should be trying to at least remove on their results). It really is not bitcointalk's fault if the certain topic is in there, and there's no way a post can be deleted here as long as it doesn't break any rules, even though the subject is misleading. How about contact Google on this matter and see what their say is?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: