Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:25:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Restoring A-Ads reputation (was "A highly misleading topic at bitcointalk")  (Read 1566 times)
raads (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 01:00:09 PM

The PageRank algorithm that Google uses seemed to be weird, and sometimes websites that contains virus and other malware appear at the top results (which Google should be trying to at least remove on their results). It really is not bitcointalk's fault if the certain topic is in there, and there's no way a post can be deleted here as long as it doesn't break any rules, even though the subject is misleading. How about contact Google on this matter and see what their say is?

Google doesn't have this option unfortunately.
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 01:28:58 PM

The situation has improved. Hopefully Google will further lower the standing of the "bad" topic.
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 12:09:33 PM

Google sometimes just sucks.

They hid the topic for three days and now it's back to number one (among other more active bitcointalk topics).
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 02:27:34 PM

Google still features the bad topic as the second result for the "a-ads" search query.

If anyone here is eager to permanently solve this issue by any means possible, we are ready to pay this person up to USD $100 in Bitcoins.

I guess the moderators/owners of this forum are too rich to care.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 02:39:08 PM

I guess the moderators/owners of this forum are too rich to care.
It would be against the way that the forum is run to do as you are asking, and therefore I sincerely hope it will not be done. It doesn't matter how much you try to reward the moderators for doing so.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 05:04:45 PM

If anyone here is eager to permanently solve this issue by any means possible, we are ready to pay this person up to USD $100 in Bitcoins.
So, you're looking to bribe the moderators?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:35:41 AM

So, you're looking to bribe the moderators?

Nope, I was thinking about making a donation to this forum. Also "bribing" means something illegal or bad, while our intent is to remove a false topic from Google's search results.

It would be against the way that the forum is run to do as you are asking, and therefore I sincerely hope it will not be done. It doesn't matter how much you try to reward the moderators for doing so.

Featuring false topics which slander someone's reputation is certainly not against any rules in the universe, right. And defamation suits are a figment of my imagination, right.

Also, let's imagine you've been dox'ed and someone created a website with a very good Google standing where he or she says very bad things (none of which are true) about you. Would you be glad if this website existed?

I really really don't understand what you're all on. It surely looks like you take pride in the s**t that's going on here.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:07:10 AM

Featuring false topics which slander someone's reputation is certainly not against any rules in the universe, right. And defamation suits are a figment of my imagination, right.
I, nor the moderators, couldn't care less about the rules anywhere but this forum. 'Slander' isn't a punishable offence here in accordance to the rules.

Also, let's imagine you've been dox'ed and someone created a website with a very good Google standing where he or she says very bad things (none of which are true) about you. Would you be glad if this website existed?
Doxxing is incomparable to someone saying "You're a scammer". The former should be, and in most cases is, removed from the forum.

I really really don't understand what you're all on. It surely looks like you take pride in the s**t that's going on here.
Look, I've used A-Ads a lot as both an advertiser and a publisher, trusting the site (either through deposits or withdrawals) with $1000+. I know that it isn't a scam, and I wouldn't imply that it is.

However, if a topic on the forum criticizing A-Ads (just like a topic criticizing myself or Lutpin, of which both exist) is removed it shows that the moderators are not impartial in that way. That is a very bad thing, as it then allows for this very same bias to appear elsewhere on the forum. This is why the topic shouldn't be removed (as I said previously), not because I enjoy the defamation of a legitimate service.
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 10:31:57 AM

However, if a topic on the forum criticizing A-Ads (just like a topic criticizing myself or Lutpin, of which both exist) is removed it shows that the moderators are not impartial in that way. That is a very bad thing, as it then allows for this very same bias to appear elsewhere on the forum. This is why the topic shouldn't be removed (as I said previously), not because I enjoy the defamation of a legitimate service.

Most people won't read past the first message of the topic which means they will get an impression that we're indeed "bad" people. As I said earlier I'd be totally glad if the said topic got edited and, instead of saying what it's now saying, it would ask the same question, like "Is A-ads s..m?" That would be more than enough but I cannot get even that from the owners of this forum.
raads (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 01:45:00 PM

So, no volunteers to get $100 worth of bitcoins?  Wink

OK, let's raise the stakes. It's gonna be $150.

I don't really care how it's gonna be done as long as it's a more or less permanent solution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: