Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:20:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new bitcoin fork?  (Read 1353 times)
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:13:26 PM

If it's a fork and has the longest chain then where the fuck they get coins to offer in ICO? I'm not going to spend even a buck on such a thing, this is

Just blatant scam attempt, one thing I'm sure about is that some rich scammer will pour money into this GPU to lure fools and inexperience newbies

Into believing that profit is being made. since when you offer coins in ICO and call it a decentralized coin? while they will never collect anything from

The vigilant and smart community members, this will die off in our memories sooner than you think.
ToryTompson

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:21:41 PM

The first and foremost piece of information all bitcoin holders should know is that in the event of a hard fork that splits the blockchain, bitcoins you possess will be perfectly safe Lips sealed A blockchain split occurs during a hard fork which in turn branches the chain into two parts. If this happens, there is nothing a bitcoin holder has to do but wait and watch the fork unfold.
TheRakula

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:35:07 PM

Really? An another clone of bitcoin? They should stop doing forks when they get bored. They are just using bitcoin's brand to get knowned but they will been forgotten after couple months. Why should people trust a clone of bitcoin? It's just an useless coin.
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:47:40 PM

will be the novice forks will be like the fork in August 1
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:54:34 PM

Really? An another clone of bitcoin? They should stop doing forks when they get bored. They are just using bitcoin's brand to get knowned but they will been forgotten after couple months. Why should people trust a clone of bitcoin? It's just an useless coin.

Well who knows about a clone's future on crypto? For as long as their developers will continue to work on it then it might become a better version. But I am not sure why the need for an ICO though.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:02:07 PM

Bitcoin GPU, also known as Bitcoin GOLD and BGOLD with the symbol BTG, is planning to fork off the main chain and use an ICO to “help BTG chain the longest Bitcoin Blockchain.”
“Bitcoin GPU is a full node implementation of the Bitcoin protocol,” its website, which curiously features the Bitcoin Cash logo, states.
“GPU mining can protect Bitcoin Key value: Decentralize.”
The first Bitcoin fork, Bitcoin Cash, has become sufficiently widespread to warrant regulatory involvement from the US Securities and Exchanges Commission as Bitcoin holders received duplicates of their original BTC holdings.

Once forked from block number 478558, the assumption from commentators is that balances will double again, creating what trader Vortex refers to as “more free money.”

More:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/suddenly-bitcoin-gpu-hard-fork-could-give-bitcoiners-more-free-money
http://btcgpu.org/#
Whatever ever the developers or the promoters are intending to do, they should even go ahead and create several forks, its not going to change quite a number of intention about bitcoin as the main lead whereas every alts and forks takes the back seat when the king is on the sit.
lucygreen

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:05:48 PM

The more forked from Bitcoin fake bitcoins we have the more Bitcoin is popular and stable. Every altcoin  becomes Bitcoin sooner or later when finally exchanged Smiley
joseafonso123az

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:31:53 PM

More forks, more coins for us. Don't know if this will happen, but  I don't think it will be the prime Blockchain or the "best" bitcoin. I see it's future like of BCH, that hasn't reached BTC, but haven't also lost all of it's value. Let's see what crypto world reserves to bitcoin until end of this year.
bahandhi0508

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:45:19 PM

Bitcoin GPU, also known as Bitcoin GOLD and BGOLD with the symbol BTG, is planning to fork off the main chain and use an ICO to “help BTG chain the longest Bitcoin Blockchain.”
“Bitcoin GPU is a full node implementation of the Bitcoin protocol,” its website, which curiously features the Bitcoin Cash logo, states.
“GPU mining can protect Bitcoin Key value: Decentralize.”
The first Bitcoin fork, Bitcoin Cash, has become sufficiently widespread to warrant regulatory involvement from the US Securities and Exchanges Commission as Bitcoin holders received duplicates of their original BTC holdings.

Once forked from block number 478558, the assumption from commentators is that balances will double again, creating what trader Vortex refers to as “more free money.”

More:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/suddenly-bitcoin-gpu-hard-fork-could-give-bitcoiners-more-free-money
http://btcgpu.org/#
Whatever ever the developers or the promoters are intending to do, they should even go ahead and create several forks, its not going to change quite a number of intention about bitcoin as the main lead whereas every alts and forks takes the back seat when the king is on the sit.

I don't care for what fork or any diversion from those promoters will intend to do for their next move, and it seems they're more like terrorist of bitcoin economy threatening people to become panic. They're providing negative effects to most of the investors and giving them stress and unfair to most of us here who work for better on our investments. Same with what had happened last August they haven't been successful for their enormous acts of leading that BCC to appear in the market without even promoting it to crowd-funding, and for me an impression came out in my mind that it served as a manipulation of our current system now. That is funded by a bigger whale that's why some panic holders diverts their bitcoin for it, well they earned such profit for the main time first week of August but investors went back to invest bitcoin because it was seen bigger potential of that bitcoin will keep on increasing it's value and becoming more profitable.

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:02:57 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 06:17:00 PM by 左

Been out of touch for a while, seems the mining game has changed. And selling most of my stack early was the wrong choice. I have some left to claim Wink

I'm trying to get into altcoins, but I don't like the idea of bch, and regular old miners like me can't mine this.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:13:40 PM

That is what's exciting in every fork that happens, more free money but I dont think always forking is not good for bitcoin itself. I hope they wont continue their plan but seeing the article as it is now, the planned fork will continue so therefore there will be more free money. Im sure many of us is excited for it to finish because most will have free money and looking at bcc's price, we can get a good sum from the upcoming fork but I hope it wont affect bitcoin price greatly.
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:19:23 PM

These forks doubling money overnight is the reason the FBI is about to come down hard on cryptocurrencies. The government is about to regulate the shit out of crypto. We need to stop these forks already, its pathetic.

Campaign Manager (2018)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:25:58 PM

These forks doubling money overnight is the reason the FBI is about to come down hard on cryptocurrencies. The government is about to regulate the shit out of crypto. We need to stop these forks already, its pathetic.
Is it really possible to regulate these forks,people are making money and it is there to stay,forking does happen to upgrade the network and that will happen in the future and how come the regulators stifle these changes,i am not sure how they are going to do that,there will be a regulation in the new ICO on how people from US invest their money ,other than that they could not do anything else,when it comes to the next fork and the split talk ,i am not sure about the stuff OP is talking about the new split coin,just waiting to see what happens during this fork,we must see some surprises in the coming months.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:31:15 PM

Crypto in general will get more and more regulated, regardless of whatever forks. It's a growing industry in its entirety, so from there it only makes sense for regulations to be put in place. That being said, basically any entity is allowed to fork away if they don't see much value in Bitcoin's current direction -- no one is forcing anyone to stay and support Bitcoin. In most cases forks aren't doing that well, but that's the problem of those initiating them. The far majority of the people will always keep supporting the original coin, and that will never change.
Filmmmakerr

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:33:59 PM

Agreed with both of you. @Eality I understand that forks are necessary and help the system but there are good forks and bad forks and this seems like a really bad fork, lol.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:42:12 PM

Agreed with both of you. @Eality I understand that forks are necessary and help the system but there are good forks and bad forks and this seems like a really bad fork, lol.

I don't think that the developers will be accepting a fork if it is a bad fork. We can say that they are accepting to fork with a reason. As you can see in the latest fork, bitcoin doubled the usual price and created another ATH just this past day.
Filmmmakerr

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:45:17 PM

I don't think that the developers will be accepting a fork if it is a bad fork. We can say that they are accepting to fork with a reason. As you can see in the latest fork, bitcoin doubled the usual price and created another ATH just this past day.

I think bitcoin would of reached the price its at now regardless of BCH or not. If anything, I think it may even be higher since BCH took some shine away from bitcoin temporarily.

Campaign Manager (2018)
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:48:05 PM

I am against new forks, because they change nothing and become just useless altoin, but yeah, BCC made BTC holders a lot of money, so why not try to do it again and get some free money? lol

Sure, BCC made BTC holders a lot of money, but think about how that works. If people are selling their BCC and making lots of money, that means other people are buying BCC and investing lots of money into it. All that new investment money that went into Bitcoin Cash? It didn't go into Bitcoin. In this way, forks that have real community support and can therefore cause a split can damage Bitcoin's network effect, and cause new investors to put their money into different coins.

Since Bitcoin GPU is a copy-paste of Bitcoin Cash, it probably won't see much support. But we'll see.
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:12:14 AM

Once there going to be hundreds Bitcoin forks in the next years, the situation might be similar to current altcoin market - it doesnt matter most of these are useless as long as people willing to speculate just by buying/selling.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:26:35 AM

This would just be another attempt at making quick money at bitcoin's expense, with the newbies thinking this is related to bitcoin when it is nothing more than another of those altcoins that come and go. If it is something that is poorly planned and half baked, failure is sure to be the end result of this.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: