Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:54:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALT coin payouts vs. BTC payouts - I want to HOLD ALTs  (Read 210 times)
CryptoxGEEK (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:02:52 PM

OK... Maybe there is a simple solution that I'm missing here but I don't see it.

I would like to mine several ALT coins to HOLD, but every pool will let me mine ALT coins but then assumes I want a payout in BTC and never gives the option to be paid in the coin mined. I don't want to buy on an exchange because that adds several levels of conversion, transport costs and skims off charges that could be avoided and can add up.

Can I use a POOL to mine, be paid in the coin mined or is my only option to SOLO mine each coin I want to accrue?

I prefer anonymity to dealing with all the hassles that some exchanges want to require that get way more personal that dealing with my local bank and creditors, plus I think these are ripe for identity theft abuse.

It's a hobby now, but it's also been an excuse to get off my ass and learn a bit more about Linux and Raspberry Pi which I will need to understand better for a home automation project that lies in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: