Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:23:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deal with the big amount of possible upcoming scam ico's in future?  (Read 2618 times)
VTS (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Licensing & Monetizing Digital Content!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:50:41 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 04:48:51 AM by VTS

What you guys thinking, will there be shittcoin warning list, websites or software informing about shit coins in near future?

Something like blacklist for email spam, IP spam...

Its clear, that it would need regulations to do so, but I wonder myself where all the hype will end, without having something like a shittcoin warning system...

What are your thoughts?

***UPDATE***

List might be the wrong attend!

>>> The current thought is community driven audit of coins and icos to prevent scam! Example: Before some1 issues an ico he could ask for audit and if the audit passes he could get a a badge... something like that, to increases trust.

1. There should be a committee democratically voted with min. 20 persons (to avoid corruption)
2. Applying for audit is based on the free will of an issuer
3. There are no hardcore regulations and no legal aspects
4. Its something like a professional opinion from chosen community members that adds extra trust and adds a little process to "separating wheat from chaff"

Well all very theoretically and for sure contains many problems in it in that state...

Something like a community driven audit service!

quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:01:21 PM

What you guys thinking, will there be shittcoin warning list, websites or software informing about shit coins in near future?

Something like blacklist for email spam, IP spam...

Its clear, that it would need regulations to do so, but I wonder myself where all the hype will end, without having something like a shittcoin warning system...

What are your thoughts?

Who would be the people that decide which are shittcoins and why would we trust those people? Every single ICO out there has been called a scam and a shittcoin and worse, the only way to tell is just to research to hell and back before you put any money into anything.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 05:02:04 PM

well if you don't feel comfortable with them, just avoid them, no one asked you to mine or buy any of these. People mine/buy because they want to gamble. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it is not. So completely your choice.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
VTS (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:12:50 PM

So you both agree to let it be self regulated? I´m just asking, no offense... I'm just curious what people think about it...

quentincole32

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:26:59 PM

So you both agree to let it be self regulated? I´m just asking, no offense... I'm just curious what people think about it...

No offense taken. I'm just saying, I can't think of a situation where I would trust a random group of people to tell me what is a scam and what isn't.

ICO date 13 September
VTS (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:46:12 PM

Many things are regulated via collective sense of responsibility, but what if it gets lost? It could possible harm the hole blockchain ecosystem, no?

If there would be a committee, voted by the community, that would give recommendation (based on free will of the ico issuer), would that work? Something like if I sign up my ico to this verification (Huh) process (service) it would run through an audit and if its passing, it would give some extra trust factor. But of course it wouldn't have any legal background, more a community driven (tested by community) badge or something...

Its all very theoretically, just a thought....

HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:50:24 PM

A few triggers can help you:

1. It's an ICO? 100% scam
2. It's premined? 100% scam
3. It's not minable? 100% scam
4. It's a clone of another coin? 90% scam

Hope this helps and I also hope you guys have some brains to choose a few nice, fair, decentralized coin to invest your money and not all those shitcoins.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
quentincole32

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:53:28 PM

Many things are regulated via collective sense of responsibility, but what if it gets lost? It could possible harm the hole blockchain ecosystem, no?

If there would be committee voted by the community, that would give recommendation (based on free will of the ico issuer), would that work? Something like if I sign up my ico to this verification (Huh) process (service) it would run through an audit and if its passing, it would give some extra trust factor. But of course it wouldn't have any legal background, more a community driven (tested by community) badge or something...

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of that, but what is to stop ICOs from just paying individual members ungodly sums of money to whitelist them? Not to mention, can anyone name one person in the world that they would trust implicitly to determine what is and isn't a scam AND who they would also trust to not be bought off? I honestly can't think of anyone.

ICO date 13 September
quentincole32

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:53:53 PM

Hope this helps and I also hope you guys have some brains to choose a few nice, fair, decentralized coin to invest your money and not all those shitcoins.

Nailed it.

ICO date 13 September
VTS (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:54:11 PM

you remind me on *** Spoetnik ***  

But I cannot agree on 100%... by 88% I would be by with you :-)

HardFireMiner

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:56:39 PM

you remind me on *** Spoetnik ***  

But I cannot agree on 100%... by 88% I would be by with you :-)

Spoetnik is a nice bitcoiner, if I can call him like this, actually I like and agree with most of his posts, not all, most.

I wish more people here had a brain and dignity to report the obvious, like Spoetnik.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:56:50 PM

We used to have this stuff back in the day of only PoS coins and it was pretty much the same. People freaked over premines and the coins basically died right there. Nowadays nobody cares. Premines, ICOs, shady developers, all of it used to be much less troublesome in the past, but now people simply want to just only whatever hot new thing there is and mine or try and profit from it. Meanwhile the ones who are raking it in are the devs who hold huge bags and just dump out their premines once their coin gets traction..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
VTS (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:59:15 PM

If there would be committee voted by the community, that would give recommendation (based on free will of the ico issuer), would that work? Something like if I sign up my ico to this verification (Huh) process (service) it would run through an audit and if its passing, it would give some extra trust factor. But of course it wouldn't have any legal background, more a community driven (tested by community) badge or something...

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of that, but what is to stop ICOs from just paying individual members ungodly sums of money to whitelist them? Not to mention, can anyone name one person in the world that they would trust implicitly to determine what is and isn't a scam AND who they would also trust to not be bought off? I honestly can't think of anyone.

Well it will be hard to buy the hole community... it should be somehow democratic voting and controlling team so on... you can buy  1- 10 people but 50 will be hard I guess...

And I didnt mean to declare shit coin or not... just to give a trust bonus and guarantee some minimum requirements or something like that...

VTS (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:08:51 PM

I wish more people here had a brain and dignity to report the obvious, like Spoetnik.

On THAT I agree 100%

Matic

Activity: 310
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:12:04 PM

this is about free market also and decentrlization if people want to invest into bad coins they should be able to. everybbody need to learn what is a good coin ot heir own. also you have shitcoins that years after can become good, it is not black and white

VTS (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:25:10 PM

this is about free market also and decentrlization if people want to invest into bad coins they should be able to. everybbody need to learn what is a good coin ot heir own. also you have shitcoins that years after can become good, it is not black and white

^^^ what does that have to do whit free market? Non is talk about hardcore regulations covered by legal authorities
^^^ how it would interfere with decentralization? I dont get it...

Fact is, that its made very easy to start a scam! And there is a lot of " I give a shit as long I make profit" mentality around... People are promoting every freaking crap they get paid for without even asking whats all about, what possible damage can be made... Not all, but more and more of are jumping on that train...

VTS (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:22:55 AM

We used to have this stuff back in the day of only PoS coins and it was pretty much the same. People freaked over premines and the coins basically died right there. Nowadays nobody cares. Premines, ICOs, shady developers, all of it used to be much less troublesome in the past, but now people simply want to just only whatever hot new thing there is and mine or try and profit from it. Meanwhile the ones who are raking it in are the devs who hold huge bags and just dump out their premines once their coin gets traction..

I believe a solution is needed, urgent, no? Just ignore it and see where its going?  Just asking...

HardFireMiner

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:51:54 AM

I believe a solution is needed, urgent, no? Just ignore it and see where its going?  Just asking...

Ignorance is not a solution, mocking is.

Mock the stupid ones, the shills, report the obvious and we should be fine.

Crypto was about honesty some years ago, it still is for a bunch of people like myself. As long as we live, honesty will live with us in this crazy wild west.

VTS (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:01:30 AM

Ignorance is not a solution, mocking is.

Mock the stupid ones, the shills, report the obvious and we should be fine.

Crypto was about honesty some years ago, it still is for a bunch of people like myself. As long as we live, honesty will live with us in this crazy wild west.

How to "Mock the stupid ones, the shills, report the obvious and we should be fine" if more and more icos and crypto projects gets realized outside of this forum, never participated here?... It is somehow possible to do that within the forum, but outside I do not see a way...

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:04:32 AM

this is exactly the issue.
you come up with some guidelines like this or anything similar then it becomes "just your opinion". for example i agree with 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4.
a not-minable coin doesn't have to be scam.
and a coin that is clone of another coin is 100% scam.

and that is just an example.

on top of it, i am only in it for the profit. a shitcoin can also give me profit. scam or not scam doesn't matter when they get pumped 300% in 2 days, it can give me the same amount of profit than any other altcoin can.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: