Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:40:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with GTX 1070  (Read 571 times)
Greated (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:04:39 PM

I am a complete rookie at this, think I managed to set up a miner on a scrypt multipool and I got around 28 MH/S, I'm wondering if this is even profitable? the site fee is 3% aswell. I tried it for 10 minutes but I can't see anything updated on website ipoMiner?

I also have an old ATI HD 7950 3gb that I could use if it turns out to be worth it.
All replies are well appreciated!
MTJ151

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:12:22 PM

Use whattomine.com to find profitability.

3% is high for mining from a pool... it is usually 1%.

Looks like you are mining eth from the hashrate (which is about the right hashrate)... I use dwarfpool but there maybe other better ones out there nowadays.
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:23:25 PM

Looks like ipominer just swaps to whatever altcoin is most profitable. If you are a rookie, double check if you put your username/password in the BAT file to ensure that's it is correctly connected.
Greated (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:42:34 PM

I switched to DwarfPool now and I get 39 MH/S I'm still unsure how the $calculation works, anyone could tell me if you excluse the power usage and part wear?

How do I know it's working? the command prompt is fine but when I check my wallet ID I see nothing: https://dwarfpool.com/zec/address?wallet=XmnPdVh5naz7CtR4Cwq1BkfmVwT99NZHcs, help needed thanks.

I just want it working, doesn't matter which pool/site I have to use..

This is how my config is looking for CCminer: http://imgur.com/a/eYwG8
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:27:09 PM

Well are you sure, that you are mining some scrypt coin?
If so it's not profitable at all, scrypt algo is asic area.

This is my signature...
Faliro

Activity: 181

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:31:28 PM

I switched to DwarfPool now and I get 39 MH/S I'm still unsure how the $calculation works, anyone could tell me if you excluse the power usage and part wear?

How do I know it's working? the command prompt is fine but when I check my wallet ID I see nothing: https://dwarfpool.com/zec/address?wallet=XmnPdVh5naz7CtR4Cwq1BkfmVwT99NZHcs, help needed thanks.

I just want it working, doesn't matter which pool/site I have to use..

This is how my config is looking for CCminer: http://imgur.com/a/eYwG8

You can post a screenshot here to tell you or you will have to wait for some days and then check your wallet because the payments are done once a specific amount of coins have been mined
Greated (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:39:45 PM

Well are you sure, that you are mining some scrypt coin?
If so it's not profitable at all, scrypt algo is asic area.

Sure about what? I'm trying to see if mining alt coins is any profitable as I've heard, what would you recommend?
BHTeam

Activity: 336

https://www.crypto-coinz.net

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 06:42:02 PM

Mine Hush/Komodo with that GPU.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Crypto-Coinz  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Calculator | Currency Statsitics | Masternode Calculator | Monitor Creator
▬▬▬▬  HUSH  KMD  ZEC  ZCL  ZER  ZEN  XZC  BSD  BTCZ  SIGT  VOT  ▬▬▬▬
vuli

Activity: 233

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 06:58:17 PM

regarding you are complete rookie I suggest you to download Nicehash Legacy, run benchmarks and than the software will chose what is most profitable for you to mine.
After you learn few things, you can start mining some other coins. Take your time exploring.

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
Greated (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:41:50 PM

regarding you are complete rookie I suggest you to download Nicehash Legacy, run benchmarks and than the software will chose what is most profitable for you to mine.
After you learn few things, you can start mining some other coins. Take your time exploring.

Thanks for the suggestion, I ran the tests and started test mining. I only make 2,3USD DAILY. Is this normal for gtx 1070?
RfBTC

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:50:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I ran the tests and started test mining. I only make 2,3USD DAILY. Is this normal for gtx 1070?

Mining ZEC with  GTX 1070 , 2,3$USD per card is absolutely normal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: