Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Uber’s New CEO Is a Bitcoin Fan  (Read 1504 times)
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:04:06 AM

this is great news, hopefully we can pay bitcoins, whenever we ride uber and not just give bitcoin as a tip. no wonder uber has the guts to pay its case in my country, in case you haven't heard uber had some trouble here in the philippines and they had paid a fine of almost 200 million pesos, if the new ceo has a lot of bitcoins in his hands or if uber itself is being backed up the their bitcoins, no wonder their business easily fluorished and they are helping a lit of people to earn extra or to have a career with uber. i think the new ceo will innovate more and provide jobs to many, if they accept bitcoin as payment, it is safe to say that they will also pay their drivers with bitcoin, and hopefully by that time, i'm an uber driver and will definitely accept bitcoin as payment.
Nakakapagpabagabag

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:12:35 AM

Interesting article about Uber's New CEO. Looks like Uber might be taking bitcoin soon.

http://fortune.com/2017/08/30/uber-ceo-dara-khosrowshahi-bitcoin/

I do not know if it was grab or uber that I saw a lady paying bitcoin in New York.  She paid her fare at that taxi with bitcoin through a third party.  If that is the case then perhaps there is a possibility that bitcoin will be used as payment for a ride.  But I will not use my bitcoin for this one.

Salman Ahmed

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:32:32 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 02:40:55 PM by Salman Ahmed

Interesting article about Uber's New CEO. Looks like Uber might be taking bitcoin soon.

I do not know if it was grab or uber that I saw a lady paying bitcoin in New York.  She paid her fare at that taxi with bitcoin through a third party.  If that is the case then perhaps there is a possibility that bitcoin will be used as payment for a ride.  But I will not use my bitcoin for this one.

who really know the value of bitcoin will not tend to use it for a ride , anyway i will not to
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:31:36 AM

Being a fan doesn't means that the CEO of uber will just implement an ICO in just one snap.  It may happen but some of the posters here post without thinking logically. For me, in my humble opinionUBER's  CEO might  create a coin for uber services but it will not happen anytime soon.

tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:26:04 AM

this is good news, uber is one of the major transportation companies in the world. uber is everywhere around the world. in my country uber is also exists. hopefully uber soon accepted payment via bitcoin

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:01:26 PM

I think that's a good thing. just imagine if UBER now uses bitcoin. I think it will be more practical and efficient. and with that will more and more people will know about bitcoin.

chhotu

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:45:07 PM

Freedom from countries,central and regular banks.and all fascist organisations.this is actually good news,in hopping user will be worldwide soon like bitcoin.this would definitely be interesting for uber , well see how this plays out , time will tell.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:50:40 PM

CEO takes all the major decisions for the company. Hence, Uber CEO's interest in Bitcoin will definitely bring a positive change and Uber might start accepting Bitcoin as a payment soon. This would be a huge step in creating awareness about Bitcoin as Uber is an international company and if it starts accepting Bitcoin, awareness will automatically increase as Uber will work as an advertising vehicle and then in turn demand will increase.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 213

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:58:54 PM

good news about bitcoin, the ceo of the popular transportation uber are like to adopt the bitcoin, the proof bitcoin is now a famous and continue the popularization in the cryptoworld as decentralzed currency, another achievement of bitcoin if the uber accept as fare fee of the passenger.

lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:59:33 PM

Well that's a good news why? If the CEO implemented that bitcoin will accept on uber it will more convienient to some users who bitcoin but on the other hand, it could cause delays because of waiting for minutes or sometimes hours just confirm a transaction.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:25:21 PM

I do not know if it was grab or uber that I saw a lady paying bitcoin in New York.  She paid her fare at that taxi with bitcoin through a third party.  If that is the case then perhaps there is a possibility that bitcoin will be used as payment for a ride.  But I will not use my bitcoin for this one.
I am yet not sure  how you are so sure that the lady was paying in bitcoin  Roll Eyes bitcoin can be used as a mode of payment if they start accepting it ,other than that it is not at all possible and from what i understand they have not taken any steps to start accepting bitcoin at this moment,the current CEO does like bitcoin does not mean that he will start accepting it for the rides.
Pfizer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:13:57 AM

We receive several news saying Uber will accept bitcoin, but this is not a simple event that CEO can decide instantly. The legal situation of Uber is being debated in some countries. And the legal aspect of accepting bitcoin will cause some proflems for Uber in those countries.
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:37:27 AM

This would be huge!

Companies like Uber and Amazon adopting Bitcoin would completely change the landscape of crypto. If Uber accepted Bitcoin just imagine the kind of taxi driver to passenger gossip that would spread like wildfire. The price of Bitcoin would skyrocket even more.

Wow, I think I am underestimating Bitcoin moreso than I thought. There are just so many opportunities for adoption increases & huge price jumps.
jayram

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:43:24 AM

This is a good publicity free of charge just like bill gates and many more tech superstars, these personalities have excellent credibility which will reciprocates with products or services that they are endorsing, in this case bitcoin.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
Polonium

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:47:44 AM

First this is a good publicity since he along with bill gates and other prominent tech personalities have a very good credentials which build up bitcoin, Secondly, as the new  CEO of uber, bitcoin may actually be use as a new method of payment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: