Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:25:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any news about Zercoin from the conference  (Read 1480 times)
ADgordo (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:43:21 PM

Anyone here attend that session?  The zerocoin spec seems to be revolutionary.  Could anyone here comment on updates?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
TLS freedom

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:39:51 PM

Zerocoin is going to be essential as bitcoin goes mainstream and government gets what it wants, control.
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:41:53 PM

any link about zerocoin project please ?
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:51:01 PM

Anyone here attend that session?  The zerocoin spec seems to be revolutionary.  Could anyone here comment on updates?

I saw the presentation, it was better than I expected, and recommend watching it once videos are posted.  It's not an ivory tower project at all, they have a working implementation internally based on the reference Bitcoin client, and they are going to be making that prototype available this summer.  Assuming the scalability and other issues can eventually be resolved, they want feedback from the community as to whether to try to eventually make the technology be tightly integrated with Bitcoin, or deployed as an altchain, or something else.
ADgordo (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:53:35 PM

I saw the presentation, it was better than I expected, and recommend watching it once videos are posted.  It's not an ivory tower project at all, they have a working implementation internally based on the reference Bitcoin client, and they are going to be making that prototype available this summer.  Assuming the scalability and other issues can eventually be resolved, they want feedback from the community as to whether to try to eventually make the technology be tightly integrated with Bitcoin, or deployed as an altchain, or something else.

Thanks for the news, I had no idea videos were going to be posted!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:01:38 AM

In the meantime and until the conference videos get posted, check out this presentation given last month at Microsoft Research:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213685.0

n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:47:56 PM

Alpha to be released July 4th:

https://twitter.com/ZerocoinProject/status/352136561397215232
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:06:44 PM

I suggest they should live test it on the namecoin blockchain, which is the closest to bitcoin (besides the testnet) and might provide some spin-off development benefits for that project also.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: