Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HTMLCOIN STORIES 2017  (Read 3463 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HTMLCOIN (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:27:44 PM

HTML... what? HTMLCoin!

By simplexletalis

You may have heard of HTML coin in the past. It was popular around the time of Ethereum's launch and made headway up until June of 2017 when a 51% attack occurred and the coin suffered a large drop in price. Since then, the price hovered in the 1-2 sat range until recently.

Now, HTMLCoin is seeing a major come back. It surged 400% late August and appears to have no boundaries or limits. HTML's Dev has been active and ready to answer questions on their slack, basecamp and through various other means. I have been in contact with him myself and can tell the dedication to revive this coin is real.

Soon, HTML coin will be undergoing what is called a "Coin Swap." This is a process where coins are transferred from one block-chain to the newly developed pre-mined chain. Don't worry, the exchanges will be in charge of this process and as long as you store your coins on one of them, you will automatically be funded with the new coins.

So what's the point of a coin swap?

The community has spoken and it wants HTMLCoin to be bigger, better and faster. It wants a coin that can tackle the obstacles of various coins all in one. That is what is happening now. Amando Boncales has his work cut out for him, but he is recruiting the best of the best to begin creating a development team, support team and marketing team to push this coin to the top of the list.

If you want to get in on the ground level of a huge breakout, now's the time.

The new HTML coin will feature various improvements which can all be found on their website at http://HTMLcoin.com. Some of the main focuses however are:

NEOSCRYPT to help maintain security and protect users and miners alike.
Smart Contracts to make use applications on the blockchain.
A complex EVM system that will provide the grounds for amazing developers to port applications/contracts/computing to the blockchain.
With HTMLCoin previously being up to 155 sats, pushing that far again would make millionaires among the community. I know I will be there, hopefully you will join us on this fantastic and exciting ride.

Source:https://steemit.com/htmlcoin/@simplexletalis/html-what-htmlcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:01:00 AM

oh ok....

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
salcon

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:08:49 AM

Are you talking about an HTML5 coin, or another?
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:35:41 PM

Name: Htmlcoin
Symbol: Html5

The same
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:54:39 PM

This means you will make HTML coin more popular and the price can be improved by displaying new coins, this is a very good step and is needed to fix the price of html5 which had dropped dramatically, very good
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:13:30 PM

Will do, thanks!

This means you will make HTML coin more popular and the price can be improved by displaying new coins, this is a very good step and is needed to fix the price of html5 which had dropped dramatically, very good
freebitcoins4u

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:23:25 PM

too many coins were circulated....
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:33:18 PM

We are more like Dogecoin (110B plus at 44) and Bytecoin (183B plus at 52 sat)

Htmlcoin (40B plus at 3 to 4 sat)
QQ6693606

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:34:28 PM

how to swap?

HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:37:40 PM

Swapping Guidelines for the Htmlcoin 2017

Who: All Htmlcoin Holders
What: Swapping old htmlcoin to the new htmlcoin.
How:  One to one ratio (1 new coin: 1 old coin) during the specified swap dates. One to two or less ratio (1 new coin: 2 old coin or <) for late swappers. The further you swap from the scheduled date, the lower the swap ratio you will get.
When: After 75% Percent of all coins in circulation accounted in the exchange sites OR last week of September as the projected swapping time.
Where: Exchange Sites and Web Form.
Why: To upgrade coins specifications.

Exchange Sites: Currently, no one can withdraw, this is in preparation for the swap day. All traders can continue to trade and able to deposit.

>>>IF your coins are located on the Exchange Sites, you do nothing. The exchange will do it for you automatically.

>>> IF your coins are located in the wallet/paper wallet, you have to do webform swap.
Make sure your old wallet is synchronized. Skip this process if your wallet is synchronized. If this is your first time to download htmlcoin wallet, this instruction is not for you, see section 5.
Your wallet must be v1.3.1.2 to synchronize. You can locate this information in your wallet > Help > About Htmlcoin.
If you don't have the v1.3.1.2, download it here:
Windows http://seed.htmlcoin.net/HTMLCoin-1.3.2.1-setup.exe
Mac http://seed.htmlcoin.net/Htmlcoin-1.3.2.1-Mac.dmg
Open the wallet, v1.3.1.2.
Wait to synchronize your old wallet, then you are ready for the next process.
Get your new 2017 wallet. This can be from the Exchange Sites or from your local wallet.
Enter your new wallet address to the webform.
The form will then show you an address to send your old coins to.
Send your coins to the address given in 3.
The webform will then send the swapped coins to your new wallet.

---------------------First Time Download to Synchronize Wallet---------------------

If this is your first time to download the htmlcoin wallet, v1.3.1.2., wanting to store your coins in your own wallet then follow this process. Note that you still have to swap your coin using webform.
Download it here:
Windows http://seed.htmlcoin.net/HTMLCoin-1.3.2.1-setup.exe
Mac http://seed.htmlcoin.net/Htmlcoin-1.3.2.1-Mac.dmg
The wallet will try to sync but it will take a very long time. To skip the waiting, download the blockchain.
Blockchain http://seed.htmlcoin.net/htmlcoin_blockchain.zip
Follow the instruction in README file, it reads like this:
Copy contents of this archive to your HTMLCoin data directory found in the following locations. If the folder is not there already then please create it.
Windows XP -
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\HTML5
Windows Vista/7/8/10 -
 C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\HTML5

Linux -
./HTML5/
Mac   ~/Library/Application Support/HTML5/

Nota Bene: Old HTMLCOIN mined during or after the swap date will not be honored.

HTMLCOIN is swapping this 2017 with a new feature that includes the many applications of "Smart Contracts" and  the security provided by "Real-Time Checkpointing."

All coins in the three (3) exchange sites are safe and will be swap to a stronger version, with all the latest features of the leading cryptocurrency in the market. This huge step that we are undertaking will make our coin relevant and responsive to the demand of the "Internet of Things."

Current owners of HTMLCOIN will now be able to swap to at ratios between 1:1. Late swapper will be at the ratio of 1:2 or less, depending on the time. The further you swap from the scheduled date, the lower the swap ratio will be.

Cryptocurrency exchanges Bleutrade, YoBit, and CoinGather are currently preparing to facilitate the swaps.

Let us know if you have features/specifications that the new HTMLCOIN should have, contact us: email@htmlcoin.com.

*These guidelines above may change anytime.

luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:46:17 PM

how to swap?

I believe that the site should inform how to change, or else ADM should update this ANN with the swap instructions
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:53:36 PM

We are actually building that information page
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:20:39 PM

We have projects in the pipeline: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15hYZxY1JhF4rH-5xLuP8mz8tOu0S3S2yagpWN215uRI/edit#
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:59:17 PM

HTMLCOIN: The “Little Guy” that isn’t Giving Up

By Rich Chambers, B.A., M.A.
Director of Publications
The Htmlcoin Foundation

1. Background

I live on the east coast of the United States. I am a family man. I suppose you could call cryptocurrency a hobby, a small one mind you, but still a hobby that I am interested in.

2. Has your previous work helped spark your interest in cryptocurrency?

My old boss (back in 2013) was very into Bitcoin and, to a lesser degree, Litecoin and Dogecoin. When he talked about all of this stuff, I was clueless. Still, his interest in it, and his constant quoting of the price of bitcoin, was enough to at least pique my interest.

3. When was the, "ah-ha," moment for you?

It was less of an “ah-ha” moment and more of a "wow, this stuff is everywhere" moment. I realized pretty quickly that everybody was making their own coins. I also realized that I had no idea how to acquire these coins. I didn’t have any of the required software or hardware to make it work. So, I quickly learned about mining and pools, and started using available desktops (legally, don't worry) to start mining scrypt coins.

If I had to be totally honest, as a dabbler in this stuff, it still mystifies me. At the most basic level, I understand the block-chain to be a "public ledger" of private payments. I don't know if it has changed the world yet, but it surely isn't going away any time soon. If we suggest that BTC is the "proof of concept" for all this, then that's one hell of a concept--$4000+ for one coin.

4. How do you think Crypto-currency will benefit people?

It will benefit people in a couple ways. Firstly, it decentralizes currency. I can pay a person in China and there's no "Well, how much is that in their currency?" taking place. No calculations are necessary. It is worth the same everywhere. Secondly, there's almost no limit. I don't mean in regard to the number of coins, but to the possibilities. All it will take to make HTMLCOIN valuable is for people to simply accept that it is. If you sell stuff and charge HTMLCOIN for it, you clearly think it's valuable. In turn, if I hold or have the coin, I probably think the same. You can set the price; I can pay it. As with almost any market, the people will decide. In this case, the product is the currency itself.

5. How did you find HTMLCOIN?

HTMLCOIN was literally just on the list of "new scrypt coins" that I saw one day on the Bitcoin Talk forums a few years ago. By the time I found it, I had already purchased a few dualminer USB dongles that were churning out 70kh/s. They were supposed to do the sha-256 algorithm, but I could never get that to work. Alas, I digress. Still, with a handful of these USB miners and the desktops still doing their thing, I was getting 1-2 million HTMLCOINS per day. It didn’t matter to me if they were ever going to be worth anything. I just liked seeing the big numbers…lol.

I initially joined the community at large because I was interested in seeing opinions of the coin. Back in the early days, they weren't very flattering, but that was to be expected amidst the endless "hey, here's a new coin that will ultimately go bust” attitudes.

6. Are you a miner or trader with of HTMLCOIN?

My early mining days were almost comical. I was amassing so many coins. But here is where HTMLCOIN was a huge benefit for me. Because it was so easy to acquire and people were literally “giving” it away, I had no fear trading it in large quantities for other coins (namely Dogecoin). It didn't matter, millions more were coming. I could get Dogecoin and then buy back some more HTMLCOIN at a much lower cost. Essentially, I was trading back and forth and increasing quantities of both coins. All the while, I was learning more about the cryptocurrency market and HTMLCOIN.

7. Which do you find most inspiring about HTMLCOIN?

Honestly, the community is what I find to be the most inspiring aspect of HTMLCOIN. In order for a cryptocoin to thrive, there has to be an enthusiastic community. If there aren't people behind it, it will die. I have watched this happen to so many coins that had so many initial cheerleaders but no true community commitment. Watching the HTMLCOIN community never give up on the coin, and working to continually improve it, might be one for the books. :-)

8. How might HTMLCOIN change people's lives?

If HTMLCOIN ever hits even 1¢ in USD, some people might find themselves "accidental millionaires."

9. Any additional thoughts you want to express to the HTMLCOIN community and to the world?

I have been a supporter of HTMLCOIN since I first discovered it. Amando has been quite the promoter of this coin since the beginning. I have always felt like he has been nothing but sincere in his push for the coin. And honestly, if he was not sincere, the coin would have disappeared in 2014 or 2015. But here we are in the latter half of 2017.The coin is still here and trading at the best price I've seen. I'm not going anywhere.

Keep doing what you're doing HTMLCOIN. Keep defying the odds and all your detractors. I think it's refreshing to see that the "little guy" isn't giving up.

Respondent: Bitcoin Talk user id: DoofyMusic

HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:56:02 PM

Htmlcoin Listed  in Nova Exchange 2017

By Simon Telfer
EVP Business Development and Innovation
The Htmlcoin Foundation

"As you are all aware, last week HTMLCoin was live on Novaexchange for a short period of time. 

To save any added complexity to the swap we have agreed with our friends at Novaexchange that they will keep the HTMLCoin exchange service offline until the swap is complete, and the new HTMLCoin wallet live with the new Neoscrypt algorithm.

In preparation, if you aren’t already on Novaexchange why not open an account and take a look around at their wide range of alt-coins and trading pairs"
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:14:55 PM

HTMLCOIN is not an ICO

By Simon Telfer
AEVP Business Development and Innovation
The Htmlcoin Foundation

With recent discussion and market response to the announcements on the status of ICO’s (Initial Coin Offerings) in the People’s Republic of China The Htmlcoin Foundation would like to clarify that the Htmlcoin swap process we are currently undertaking does not constitute an ICO.

It is important to us that we respect the various regulations around the globe, and we take very seriously the adoption of our smart contract and decentralised application technology within the spirit of self-regulation which is evolving across our industry. The swap process we are planning to undertake this month (September 16, 2017 to October 15, 2017) gives our global community the most accessible, best value and fairest way of moving from the old to new Htmlcoin asset.

Many thanks for your continued support!
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:53:30 PM

HTMLCOIN Changed My Life!
Bitcoin Talk user id: Caliber

Background

I am from a small town in the Southeast corner of the United States. With no traffic lights and about 1,600 people, my hometown is about as rural as you can get. But what it lacks in size, it makes up for in beauty. With rolling hills, majestic mountains, and peaceful streams and rivers, it is a wonderful place to call home, and an equally wonderful place for my wife and me to raise our son and daughter.

Things haven’t always been easy for me though. I was born with a major disability and my mom was told that I only had a limited amount of time on this planet. As a result, I grew up with my mom worriedly watching over me. She held me back from sports, which drove me crazy as I loved being competitive. I used to sneak away every chance I got to play any game I could. Eventually, to help distract me from the playground and playing field, my mom bought me my first computer. It was a Commodore 64. After that I became hooked, and I spent the rest of my teens learning everything I could about computers.

Has your previous work helped spark your interest in cryptocurrency?
Absolutely, being born with a major disability, I found many things difficult while growing up. Eventually, I dropped out of school because… well, who wouldn’t after being told by doctors that you only have a small amount of time to live. My thinking at the time was “why waste what little time I had on something I would never use.” But thankfully, as I got older, I stopped listening to the doctors and decided that I was going to live. That is when my love of computers, instilled into me by my Commodore 64, fully took over. I went back to school to attain my GED and further pursued study in the computer field, getting A+ certified and taking college courses online in Information Technology.

Soon after, I became interested in Bitcoin, and began trying to mine sha-256. It was tough at first, and when I went looking for help, I soon figured out there was NO ONE in my local area or, for the most part, online that was able to help me out. This was the beginning of the crypto evolution and not many knew much about cryptocurrency, let alone how to mine it. So, I made it my mission to figure it out on my own.

I started watching sites called Altcoin Calendar and Bitcoin Talk for information, which included the latest coin releases. One day I saw that a coin called HTML was being released. I downloaded the wallet and started reading online how the coin worked. I discovered that I could type in a simple command in the debug window and start mining directly to my computer with the wallet miner. I did just that, and after a few minutes, I had hit my first block. I was shocked at how easy it was. I was HOOKED! I then showed my daughter how to do it and she became as enthralled with it all as I was.

During this first period of mining, I decided to order a couple of gridseed 5s off of eBay. Yep, it was very small, but I really didn’t know how everything worked at the time. I was literally just starting out in the cryptocurrency world. From there, my daughter and I mined a ton of HTMLCOIN. Now, here we are in 2017, ready for a big change in HTMLCOIN, and excited about what could happen and where this coin could go!

What was your “aha” moment?
When I hit my first block, I was totally hooked. I fell in love with the whole cryptocurrency scene at that moment.

How did you find HTMLCOIN?
Well, as I said earlier, I started looking at all the upcoming coins on Altcoin Calendar and Bitcoin Talk, and stumbled across this one.

The coin excited me, so I taught my kids about mining and tried to inform all the people around me, both on and off-line. I told as many people as I could about crypto mining and particularly this coin, but to no avail for most. You have to know where I live, most people still don’t believe me, even now in 2017, when I tell them about Bitcoin or any other crypto-currency. They think I am crazy…lol.

How might HTMLCOIN change people’s lives? Has it impacted you in any way?
Since I became a part of the HTMLCOIN community, it seems almost everyone from the HTMLCOIN site, to the people on Bitcoin Talk, or anywhere else that I communicate with regarding HTMLCOIN, are nothing but really good people—helpful, friendly, and Informative.

I love the idea of HTMLCOIN being able to help average people like myself. Being someone with a lifelong disability, it is nice to know that there is a coin that has my best interests at heart. This is the one thing that really has me sold on HTMLCOIN and the one thing that could make it one of the best coins in the crypto world. HTMLCOIN is about helping and connecting people, and I like that!

HTMLCOIN even saved my family’s home from foreclosure. A few weeks back when HTMLCOIN had a huge couple of days, I sold some of my coins and earned enough money to save my home. I will be forever grateful to HTMLCOIN because of this. This coin, no matter what happens from here, has truly been a blessing for my family. It has changed my life. Thank you HTMLCOIN from the bottom of my heart.

If you really want a community driven, down to earth coin that can change your life for the better, HTMLCOIN is the one for you. 10 out of 10 for sure!!!

Source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/htmlcoin-changed-life/
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:49:14 PM

Meet HTMLCOIN Team

Dear Fellows,

We are happy to announce that the initial list of our core team is now available on our website.

Please feel free to meet us there and say hi  Smiley

https://htmlcoin.com/meet-the-team/
HTMLCOIN (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:32:27 PM

Roadmap and Pipeline Projects
Fiscal Year 2017- 2022

HTMLCOIN (OP)