Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:51:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WorldCoin Seen as a Threat?  (Read 2047 times)
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:39:25 AM

There was a minor split at a pool, big deal.
Only one, considering this coin is like a week old, that's not bad with such transaction times Smiley

I agree with OP; I find it weird that this coin is trolled at so much, especially at mcxnow (its biggest exchange)

Well, let's see what the future holds; wouldn't be surprised if it survives this early stage Smiley

its trolled by the same faggot pump and dumpers, because WDC had an actual successful launch, granted its problem in the beginnings from botnets. It's level of professionalism fucked it up for all the CNC scam coins. Long gone are the days when a coin can launch on a random Chinese website, then come and post here already launched and mined, have no dev support and go to exchanges and get dumped.

These assholes are just mad that now they have to actually do a little bit of more work, so the trolling commences, then there are just losers who hate their own lives and just hate on anything. These same people probably hated on bitcoin, and litecoin when they first came out, as it will never work, that's impossible.

Haters gonna Hate

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BazkieBumpercar

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:41:28 AM

Hear hear, pizza Smiley +1
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:37:51 AM

There was a minor split at a pool, big deal.
Only one, considering this coin is like a week old, that's not bad with such transaction times Smiley

I agree with OP; I find it weird that this coin is trolled at so much, especially at mcxnow (its biggest exchange)

Well, let's see what the future holds; wouldn't be surprised if it survives this early stage Smiley

its trolled by the same faggot pump and dumpers, because WDC had an actual successful launch, granted its problem in the beginnings from botnets. It's level of professionalism fucked it up for all the CNC scam coins. Long gone are the days when a coin can launch on a random Chinese website, then come and post here already launched and mined, have no dev support and go to exchanges and get dumped.

These assholes are just mad that now they have to actually do a little bit of more work, so the trolling commences, then there are just losers who hate their own lives and just hate on anything. These same people probably hated on bitcoin, and litecoin when they first came out, as it will never work, that's impossible.

Haters gonna Hate

To be fair that only happened once... with CNC. You make it sound like we've had dozens of coins like that lately.

As for the OP, this is nothing new. Nearly all of the alts released recently have been getting attacked, did you miss the BitBar drama? WorldCoin is just in the spotlight right now.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:37:17 AM

First off, don't get delusional! WDC isn't anything special. It dropped just like EVERY other alt coin that has made it to an exchange. Also: the block chain growth is a real problem and the fork and 60% hash rate concentration to a single pool is scary as hell.

Now I'll let you start with your wild conspiracy theories again.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:39:46 AM

First off, don't get delusional! WDC isn't anything special. It dropped just like EVERY other alt coin that has made it to an exchange. Also: the block chain growth is a real problem and the fork and 60% hash rate concentration to a single pool is scary as hell.

Now I'll let you start with your wild conspiracy theories again.

The 60% issue would bug me if it wasn't vern. I like the fact that the difficulty is adapting to the selloff and running miners price is holding really.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:48:13 AM

CIA, you heard it here first.

The CIA wouldn't care which coin won because they can just take control of Bitcoin if they wanted a coin.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:30:17 AM

A pool ran dead on 300 blocks on worldcoin.. is that a first for any crypto?

God must be hating on WDC then, lol.

I don't hold any WDC but then again I don't support any system which is fundamentally flawed.

That's just inadiquate pool setup, other WDC pools didn't.

You do realize that chain splits are, happening somwhere at some point for all coins don't you?   If you want to trumpet like a Luddite that the future of crypto coins is in impracticality long transaction times for retail merchants, go right ahead. I would like to see you accept BTC at a fast food drive through and have the customer wait for confirmation!  15sec is tolerable for most busy retail, that often how long a EFTPOS transaction takes. If client code needs modifyiing to increase resistance to chain splits, off you go, it's open source.

This +1

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:04:48 AM

"There's talk about LTC members planning to take a fight in the battle."

Actually, I would consider the above to be 'trolling', perhaps you need a little introduction to the proper usage of that term? (< example of trolling Wink) Who exactly are these 'members'?  

Anyways, as I mentioned in the original worldcoin thread, pushing so many NB notifications/nonce switches in such a short period of time effectively reduces the security of the network. Although I can certainly see the attraction of 'instant transactions', the bitcoin development team chose 10 min. targets for very valid reasons that are still just as relevant. Although 10 min. is now known to be a bit overly conservative (experimental nature of these things), the effects of targets below 2 min. fairly obvious and have already been demonstrated to WDC users.

Unfortunately, forking one of the existing coins is not the right way to go about implementing 'instant' secure transactions. Although I do hold these coins right now, I'm not blinded by the idea of pumping a market based on fairly shaky development just for personal gain.

So no, I'm afraid it's not a 'threat'. The only real reason I visit these forums is to 1) see what news items will induce panic in the children that have no business trading and 2) look for any sufficiently advanced, decentralized cryptocurrency that actually will provide some sort of competition against the two main chains we currently have.

A globally-friendly name and the changing of a value with potentially dire consequences is not really going to help anything. Also, I'm afraid your poorly phrased attempt at trolling will not be very effective without some substance backing your opinion.   Cheesy

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:16:15 AM

"There's talk about LTC members planning to take a fight in the battle."

Actually, I would consider the above to be 'trolling', perhaps you need a little introduction to the proper usage of that term? (< example of trolling Wink) Who exactly are these 'members'?  

Anyways, as I mentioned in the original worldcoin thread, pushing so many NB notifications/nonce switches in such a short period of time effectively reduces the security of the network. Although I can certainly see the attraction of 'instant transactions', the bitcoin development team chose 10 min. targets for very valid reasons that are still just as relevant. Although 10 min. is now known to be a bit overly conservative (experimental nature of these things), the effects of targets below 2 min. fairly obvious and have already been demonstrated to WDC users.

Unfortunately, forking one of the existing coins is not the right way to go about implementing 'instant' secure transactions. Although I do hold these coins right now, I'm not blinded by the idea of pumping a market based on fairly shaky development just for personal gain.

So no, I'm afraid it's not a 'threat'. The only real reason I visit these forums is to 1) see what news items will induce panic in the children that have no business trading and 2) look for any sufficiently advanced, decentralized cryptocurrency that actually will provide some sort of competition against the two main chains we currently have.

A globally-friendly name and the changing of a value with potentially dire consequences is not really going to help anything. Also, I'm afraid your poorly phrased attempt at trolling will not be very effective without some substance backing your opinion.   Cheesy

10min transactions are only required when you write crappy client software. If shorter transaction are of a commercial benefit, then the should be vigorously pursued. A total re-write of the client software if necessary to achieve the goal. 10min transaction are not going to be adopted by a society that is use to EFTPOS speed. That is one of the main reasons why Bitcoin has so far failed in the retail market. 15-20sec transaction are what people are use to.

efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:21:45 AM

Agreed.

" A total re-write of the client software if necessary to achieve the goal."

Yes, I believe that is essentially the entirety of the problem (pure network latency really isn't that high across the majority of the globe, although the longer block targets are definitely beneficial for those with limited or sporadic connections). Unfortunately, I believe the client development would be many orders of magnitude more difficult than going on github, editing some values and hashing the genesis block.

Things must be done in the proper order to successfully implement a true advancement.

But hey, get some bounties together and surprise me, WDC promoters. I wouldn't mind, lol.
swappermall

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:12:17 PM

A pool ran dead on 300 blocks on worldcoin.. is that a first for any crypto?

God must be hating on WDC then, lol.

I don't hold any WDC but then again I don't support any system which is fundamentally flawed.

What exactly do you mean it ran dead on 300 blocks?

Not sure what you mean.  A few seconds ago I downloaded 90776 blocks of WDC transaction history.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:24:30 PM

I've never seen a single coin cause so many altcoin holder to try and attack it here on bitcointalk and in every chat window I've seen.
Sounds like everyone see's it as a threat, else they'd ignore it (like many coins they aren't currently trolling).
There's talk about LTC members planning to take a fight in the battle.
It actually says a lot about WorldCoin.
What are your thought... let the trolls commence  Cheesy
Yeah...forked chain is all one needs to know.

Were you born a idiot or did you just work really hard at it?

You realize Bitcoin and litecoin were forked at one point?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████