Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Five common mistakes made by Bitcoin users  (Read 4171 times)
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:36:02 PM

I also made mistake sell based on feelings but from that I learn how to be patience and how to do not panic when bitcoin price goes down, I should believe if the price goes down just temporary and bitcoin price will increase again..

We all made a mistakes but the good thing is we learn from it and chances are we can still do better. We trade with zero knowledge, invest without studying and so on but hey keep on learning because in this kind of market mistakes can brings you so much loss so better no to waste this great opportunity to make money.
So experience is the best teacher. no more stupid act like selling your bitcoin when the price is low because you panic see the market become blood and you're afraid of getting bigger losses. is not the experience already giving the lesson to you that bitcoin prices will definitely pump after a price drop? why are you always repeating the same mistake?
as it is today the price is in low position. be patient, because bitcoin will surely pump in the end

I think emotion is the reason why we do again the same mistakes and lock of trust, if you really believe in bitcoin you know that you don't need to worry of what's happening now because we know at the end bitcoin will recover.

Its unfortunate because the most important is your wallet keys/password. Luckily I didn’t have an experienced like those listed. Only mistake I made so far in bitcoin is when I joined a bounty campaign and wasted my effort and time because I wasn’t able to follow the rules and guidelines of the bounty. That made me very  disappointed because after the bounty campaignwas finished I didn’t get any token. But I learned from it so now I know what to do.
Carmen03

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:11:16 AM

Common mistakes made by bitcoin users not remembering a wallet passport, no bitcoin wallet back up, buying and selling based on emotions, leave funds on an exchange.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:21:35 AM

1. Do not remember electronic wallet password
2. Do not back up your wallet
3. Do not research new services
4. Buy and sell based on feelings
5. Leave your money in the electronic money floor
so far reaching this rank,only one of thos that i have made,not remembering my ectronic wallet pasword and i gues this is certain specially for the newbies or those just starting their career in this community.but other than that i made no mistakes at all
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:17:09 AM

I also made mistake sell based on feelings but from that I learn how to be patience and how to do not panic when bitcoin price goes down, I should believe if the price goes down just temporary and bitcoin price will increase again..

We all made a mistakes but the good thing is we learn from it and chances are we can still do better. We trade with zero knowledge, invest without studying and so on but hey keep on learning because in this kind of market mistakes can brings you so much loss so better no to waste this great opportunity to make money.
So experience is the best teacher. no more stupid act like selling your bitcoin when the price is low because you panic see the market become blood and you're afraid of getting bigger losses. is not the experience already giving the lesson to you that bitcoin prices will definitely pump after a price drop? why are you always repeating the same mistake?
as it is today the price is in low position. be patient, because bitcoin will surely pump in the end
Panic selling is the most common and silliest mistake made by bitcoiners. Bitcoin is the most cherished and demanded coin and I don’t understand that when they know this thing, why they are not able to avoid panic selling. Even last year, bitcoin decreased in value so much but later on, by the end of year it increased drastically making all the bitcoiners to feel on the top of the world. You should be very much confident regarding your coin.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:00:59 AM

Leaving your money in exchanges or online wallets is a very common mistake as well, people do so since it is way easier than to store your own wallet and you can have access to your money anywhere in the world but the chances to get hacked are way higher because of that.
This is the most common mistake made and getting online hacked is the major reason for highly recommending offline wallets. Offline wallets are expensive but the level of security they provide is unbeatable. Hackers can have access to your hard earned money only when you are giving them chance by staying online and keeping your money on electronic forums. Moreover never ever go for those sites that offer free coins.
Another huge mistake is to install wallets from unknown coins or to install not known wallets for famous coins, most of the time those wallets have malware and have no other intention than to steal your coins so people lose their bitcoin just because they are trying to claim and unknown coin.
christina30

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:14:10 AM

I think the common mistake is.
1. Buying bitcoin in a time when it pump up!!
2. Selling bitcoin in a time when its dumping.
3. Store there btc in a wrong wallet.
4. They always investing and not reading the profile of ICO or a investing assets
hoang kim cong

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:17:33 AM

1.không biết cách giữ btc một cách an toàn
2.quên mật khẩu
3.không biết các dịch vụ và tính năng mới
4.không xác minh tài khoản trước khi giao dịch
5.không nâng cấp độ ảo mật cho tiền của mình
ashfer

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:55:04 AM

The mistake you said were done by the users in the past that was years ago when btc did not have much value as those days everyone used to get random free btc per day and almost everyone used give free btc to one another those days the users were not much serious nor thought that it will reach in this on the market.Now that btc is popular globally and it value is worth and so nobody is so careless to miss out their wallets keys and i don't think the users leave their btc on online wallets most of them secure it in the offline wallets which is considered to be safe guess you are not much aware of it as you are still a newbie Then buying and selling based on selling based on feelings is not something which is just done on btc i am Forex trader and i do trading based on my feeling and it has always worked out well so never underestimate anything.In this age where btc has its value nobody leave their btc on electronic floor infact it is known as cold storage of btc it happens when a person miss out their btc private key.

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:43:33 AM

Well this actually are technically mostakes but I don’t think that any responsible or thinking person would be able to do those things especially number 1 where if you forgot your password then boy are you in a jiffy. Number 4 is actually the most common on newbies and with it it can show how unprepared a newbie is in the flow and ebb of the prices in bitcoin

BarbusseH

Activity: 193
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:58:13 AM

Leave coins on the mining pools - they often close.
To transfer immediately a large amount of coins, it is better to try to make a transaction with a small number of coins and then transfer the principal amount. But even such precaution does not give a 100% guarantee.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:36:32 AM

To be honest back when I was a newbie I don't really have a backup wallet.
But I did manage to earn some money and when I found out an offline wallet or hardware wallet I did buy some to secure my bitcoin.
Luckily I didn't encounter any more mistakes and didn't have a problem in it.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:45:11 AM

I would say the biggest mistake is reveal your identity and showing that your involved with crypto. Not saying this because of tax evasion but because of all the people getting kidnapped, beat up, and held up at gun point the past couple of months. Granted most of them are prominent public figures, but I would want to remain anonymous nonetheless.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:10:34 AM

Leave coins on the mining pools - they often close.
To transfer immediately a large amount of coins, it is better to try to make a transaction with a small number of coins and then transfer the principal amount. But even such precaution does not give a 100% guarantee.
One thing is very much right and that is in the world of crypto currencies, you only suffer loss because of your very own mistakes and that if you somehow managed to do all the things in the right manner, you will not be suffering any loss. The most common reasons which lead to failure are loss of control over the emotions, going for panic selling and most important making a decision without giving enough thought.
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:05:27 PM

A wallet carries lots of different addresses, and the digits are too long to carry up in your mind, unless you will have to copy down a particular one and focus on it with an intention to make use it as your main address. Not backing up your wallet is quite a big risk for anyone to fake, and I wouldn’t try such. As for researching new services, I don’t think that one is a compulsory thing to do.

Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:41:52 PM

1. Panic selling when the price drops. I did it last january. And i will not do it any more. I learned from it.
2. Buying stuff from bitcoin even if those are not that important or necessary.
3. Forgot btc wallet password
4. Copied the wrong btc wallet address
rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:41:31 PM

In my experience as i don't see if i've made a mistake on this matter,we are being scammed.Token were just like an air that was just passing by,it feel so embarassing when you exerted alot of efforts on doing those weekly task inorder to get paid.An ICO has already ended,we keep on waiting for almost 3 months i guess but we are waiting for nothing.Everything was just like a nightmare to all bounty participants.

orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:59:07 PM

1. Panic selling when the price drops. I did it last january. And i will not do it any more. I learned from it.

It’s good that you’ve learned from your mistake of panic selling. Many who have experienced this give up totally because of their fear that they may lose more money in the future. They have been traumatized from the experience and choose no longer to engage in crypto ever again. It’s actually hard to control our emotions. We sometimes say that it’s easy but once we see the charts go red, we have our doubts and sometimes become impulsive.
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:12:09 PM

2. Buying stuff from bitcoin even if those are not that important or necessary.
3. Forgot btc wallet password
4. Copied the wrong btc wallet address
What's wrong with panic sales? People who sold their bitcoins in December increased their capital by 3 times. Those who held their coins will recover losses. Perhaps this will be in late spring. But the alarmists during this time increased the number of bitcoins. Which strategy is better? Do you agree with my argument?
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 04:19:19 PM

For the one who just jumped into bitcoin and another cryptocurrency world, it is better to play with a little bit of cash first and try to make some experience in it (whether it profit or loss) until you find your best pattern on the game. So you don't suffer a lot of losses when some bad thing happens to you.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:03:32 PM

number 1 is the most common mistake by the bitcoin users, especially for the early adopters that bought bitcoin when the prices were below $ 1. Cheesy

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: