Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:38:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did Bitcoin save Venezuela?  (Read 1439 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:48:14 AM

Bitcoin didn't save Venezuela! Sure, I have heard of people working for it (which is smart), but in reality it takes decades to even start renovating a country like that which is on the brink of collapse (if not already has).

I heard people are living off literally almost nothing every day. Someone said if you have $300 as a single person, you can live quite well. This is quite sad, but nothing we can do about it really.
This is correct, I have heard the minimum salary for a month of work is something like 15 dollars, someone selling digital products in the forum can probably make a lot more money than that and with way less work, also some people decided to mine bitcoin but that is forbidden and some have been caught, so as you can see the Venezuelan government is doing everything they can to retain control but that is not going to last long and they are going to face the realities of another failed economic experiment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Komandor8957

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 06:53:41 AM

I do not understand in general how bitcoin can save Venezuela Huh Imagine that residents turn to bitcoin, but they buy food, water, medicines, clothes for Bolivar. If the Venezuelans switched to bitcoin, it might stabilize the economy, but businessmen quickly picked up the new trend and began speculating. As a result, the poor people of Venezuela would become even poorer because of the increased prices, even in the form of bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:11:32 AM

I do not understand in general how bitcoin can save Venezuela Huh Imagine that residents turn to bitcoin, but they buy food, water, medicines, clothes for Bolivar. If the Venezuelans switched to bitcoin, it might stabilize the economy, but businessmen quickly picked up the new trend and began speculating. As a result, the poor people of Venezuela would become even poorer because of the increased prices, even in the form of bitcoin.
Any currency as long as is stable is better than their national currency, people complain about bitcoin but at the end bitcoin becomes more valuable with time, the national currency of Venezuela only goes down even by their own metrics and international metrics says the inflation is a lot higher than the official numbers, so bitcoin could help them but any other currency will have a good effect at this point.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:12:43 AM

You have to understand that Venezuela is in an deep economic crisis. Most of them are turning into bitcoin mining, although illegal they have to take their chances because the living condition is really that bad. Some of them just like you said used bitcoin to buy foods outside. Venezuela will not switched to bitcoin, they are against it. And they have been waging war against it before this crisis. It doesn't matter now for them if they become poorer, what matter is that they have food in the table for their family and that's what bitcoin has given them.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pivo
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:54:01 AM

It takes investment to buy decent machines for BTC mining.   If you're deep into poverty, you don't really have the choice to invest in thousands of dollars worth of mining gear.

Even if you did, you'd have to convert back into fiat (probably US dollars for relative stability) in order to buy everyday goods and pay your electricity bills.

I'm not saying that BTC can't be useful in countries with unstable fiat currency - it can - but not just as a device to ultimately make fiat money.  Once the situation in Venezuela is more stable, perhaps then people will start seeing inherent problems in the modern fiat currency system.

The mining gear is not that cheap as what others think so it would not really possible for people in poverty to exploit it. Also, I read that by having $300 then you can live well but as we know the price of a good ming gear can be that or even more expensive. Also, if somehow everyone just start mining Bitcoin then the price of electricity will surge up making so in a sense that it is not a long term solution to save Venezuela.
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:23:34 AM

When there was a currency crisis due to inflation, the countries inflation rate is approximately 1600% where the people did not afford to buy products for them in such a situation the bitcoin technology became a saviour to the people of Venezuela the electricity was almost free and people started mining bitcoin and ethereum to survive and this has helped them to purchase products for themselves and family and live happily.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:00:24 AM

And the exploitation of Bitcoin has become a tool to rescue the people of the country because they can take advantage of low electricity prices to exploit.
I do not think bitcoin might save Venesuella because it is unlikely that all venezuella people work in bitcoin, maybe just as a person who knows and works in bitcoin.
Paecga129

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:08:34 AM

Bitcoin is a safe haven for anyone looking to store value in a safe place that no one can access but yourself. You are in full control of your wealth so that's what has attracted so many Venezuelans to it.
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:23:19 PM

Bitcoin didn't save Venezuela! Sure, I have heard of people working for it (which is smart), but in reality it takes decades to even start renovating a country like that which is on the brink of collapse (if not already has).

I heard people are living off literally almost nothing every day. Someone said if you have $300 as a single person, you can live quite well. This is quite sad, but nothing we can do about it really.
I've read in an article that a Venzuelan could be jailed if caught on bitcoin. The government strictly prohibit the use/manining or anything that has to do with bitcoin but because of Venezuela's dire situation right now, citizens are taking risk on bitcoin so sustain their daily needs. Even those who are working do not really have enough so they are trying to fill it with cryptos.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:42:44 PM

If one should have access to $300 in a day or month? If its a day before one can live comfortably then that country is really on the reverse gear  economically but if its for a whole month, I would say they are still doing fine as we still have several countries around the world that minimum wage for a month is far below $100 and people still earn it and manage to survive with it in that same country. I would really want to know if bitcoin actually helps the Venezuelans.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:23:48 AM

I can imagine what it would be like for those who are really making some good cash on this forum and they are from this country. However, with the level at which things are, it will be hard for some to even be able to afford internet or even smartphone to be able to utilize some of the opportunities in the crypto world to earn for themselves and eventually only the few privileged ones who have some few bucks and are wise will still end up doing good.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:24:10 AM

I do not think bitcoin might save Venesuella because it is unlikely that all venezuella people work in bitcoin, maybe just as a person who knows and works in bitcoin.

Exactly my thought. How does the OP even think that's possible without the Venezuelan government adapting bitcoin as it's national currency? With few people getting interested and holding bitcoins in Venezuela does not in anyway translate to a boom in the economy or bringing the country out of its financial quagmire. I don't see that being a reality.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:32:56 PM

Exactly my thought. How does the OP even think that's possible without the Venezuelan government adapting bitcoin as it's national currency? With few people getting interested and holding bitcoins in Venezuela does not in anyway translate to a boom in the economy or bringing the country out of its financial quagmire. I don't see that being a reality.
i think bitcoin has ability to take out region from the economic destabilization and same thing is happening with Venezuela and hard time has come for their Venezuela and bitcoin is the best option for them to survive in such a critical situation and I am sire bitcoin will boost their economy to the safe level and Venezuela will be out from the crises soon.
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:09:39 PM

Bitcoin saved Venezuela because it gave people a way for them to store their value. Hopefully more and more people in the country are starting to do this as their dollar is obviously horrible.

shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 10:14:50 PM

I heard that a lot of people from venezuela are in this forum, and they are taking profit from bounty campaigns and signature campaigns, it is good for them that they can make a good profit from that money. I prefer to see that they are using that money to make a good living, than those who are wasting the money in online games or ingame stuff.
And i have a friend from there, and he told me that he is paying around $0,04 for their monthly electricity taxes, it is insane, i have never seen this kind of taxes, they are so cheap.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:32:46 AM

I heard that a lot of people from venezuela are in this forum, and they are taking profit from bounty campaigns and signature campaigns, it is good for them that they can make a good profit from that money. I prefer to see that they are using that money to make a good living, than those who are wasting the money in online games or ingame stuff.
And i have a friend from there, and he told me that he is paying around $0,04 for their monthly electricity taxes, it is insane, i have never seen this kind of taxes, they are so cheap.

Even if there is a lot from Venezuela from this forum, the fact that bitcoin saved Venezuela itself is not true. Of course it gave some of those citizens of Venezuela who lurk here in this forum to gain extra income but what about the majority who didn't use crypto? Therefore I conclude that bitcoin saving Venezuela is not a fact but is just a generalization of those who use it from there that didn't take into account the others who doesn't use bitcoin.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:58:57 AM

And the exploitation of Bitcoin has become a tool to rescue the people of the country because they can take advantage of low electricity prices to exploit.
Nope, Bitcoin didn't became a tool to rescue the people of the country Venezuela, and what is your basis? LOW ELECTRICITY PRICES? Nope Dude, Bitcoin cannot and will not and will never be a tool to help someone to be rich , it will be still hardwork and regular job that will save them from poverty.

wilhb81

Activity: 224

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:03:40 AM

I once read a news, where most of the Venezuelans need to queue in front of supermarkets as early as 3 a.m, if they want to buy daily groceries in time!

For those that unable to buy them, they will just go to the dumpsters and look for rotten vegetables & foods...

Hence, even though you have money in Venezuela, it won't assure that you can live without fear (not to mention having Bitcoin in that country)

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Corporatocracy

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:10:27 AM

I once read a news, where most of the Venezuelans need to queue in front of supermarkets as early as 3 a.m, if they want to buy daily groceries in time!

For those that unable to buy them, they will just go to the dumpsters and look for rotten vegetables & foods...

Good point.

Supply of goods, which is tied to production and trade, is what determines the availability of them in the market at all.

Some, few, well positioned people, who can import the mining gear, could be taking advantage of the situation, but they would be the minority.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:33:11 AM

Nope, Bitcoin didn't became a tool to rescue the people of the country Venezuela, and what is your basis? LOW ELECTRICITY PRICES? Nope Dude, Bitcoin cannot and will not and will never be a tool to help someone to be rich , it will be still hardwork and regular job that will save them from poverty.
Bitcoin can help someone to be rich because if you remember that bitcoin is against in inflation and it fights inflation by having a feature for having a deflation and that is why it makes someone rich if they will hold their bitcoin then they can be rich and people in venezuela is saved if they will hold bitcoin and sell it right now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: