Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question about Metamask/MyEtherWallet chrome extension  (Read 263 times)
ettagames (OP)

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 02:25:11 AM

Hi

I found recently not many people using Metamask or MyEtherWallet Chrome extension to make transactions. If you are one of these people, may I ask why you don't like to use it?  And what's your alternative choice? Because for me, I thought it is convenient. 

Thank you very much.

ETTA Games
★★Bitcoin/Ethereum Dice, Lucky Dice and Baccarat Game!★★
Facebook Twitter Website
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trplzr

Activity: 532
Merit: 168

hello there

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:31:23 AM

Sorry for up this old post, but as it was not answered and it is exactly my question, I believe there are no problems in the up.
Because it is a wallet integrated with the browser, would it be more vulnerable than the others?

emmablue

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:12:25 AM

I stumbled upon this question. I think there are not many options for web wallet except these Myetherwallet and metamask. It was a bit confusing and not very intuitive, both of them. I think the UX should be improved.
rearwheels

Activity: 444
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 05:26:29 PM

Recently I used Metamask several times and due to overload of Ethereum network it is not convenient to change GWEI and Gas Limit if you are trying to send ETH. Also delays with launch in the beginning. Myetherwallet is more convenient for me.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 07:09:46 AM

And I like to use Metamask more. Earlier, I used another browser extension (now, unfortunately, I don’t remember what it was called). Through it, private keys were stolen from me, and I lost Ether on my wallet.
I have been working with Metamask for over 2 years now, and I have no complaints about this extension.
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 07:32:52 AM

Using and managing token was a hassle in Metamask previously but it's been improved a lot. Still it's difficult to view all your token balance and their transaction history. I use metamask for my ethereum and tokens I'm holding or mostly trading in DEX. I still use myetherwallet web for every other coins.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 07:34:29 AM

Recently I used Metamask several times and due to overload of Ethereum network it is not convenient to change GWEI and Gas Limit if you are trying to send ETH. Also delays with launch in the beginning. Myetherwallet is more convenient for me.
in my opinion it is easier for metamask and also for metamask if our gas is deemed to be less we can add more gas without having to make new transactions and also metamask also makes it easy to send assets (erc tokens) because all you have to do is enter contract addresses in the metamask then the ticker and decimal are automatic and we can send it right away.
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 07:43:13 AM

Hi

I found recently not many people using Metamask or MyEtherWallet Chrome extension to make transactions. If you are one of these people, may I ask why you don't like to use it?  And what's your alternative choice? Because for me, I thought it is convenient. 

Thank you very much.

i never use a wallet extension to store my ethereum my friend, i think its complicated
but i use https://www.myetherwallet.com for daily transactions and for long term hodl i use ledger nano S

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 08:01:59 AM

My first day on crypto I never know about Metamask,
only a few months later after I made a wallet on some known site someone posts a tutorial
on how to make Metamask wallet and I find it convenient to have one.
so I made my mind and make a metamask wallet for my future Tokens savings.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tranduong123
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 10:00:53 AM

Metamask has the advantage of not having to use private keys often, which makes it more secure, it also helps manage many wallet addresses well. What I don't like about Metamask is that it incorrectly calculates gas causing delays in transactions, and you may have to adjust the gas yourself.
Kezacky

Activity: 743
Merit: 10

https://www.epsiloan.xyz

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 10:33:30 AM

if you feel comfortable using metamask then continue. but for me not, especially if accessing through the chrome extension on the cellphone because it is very vulnerable to pishing attacks. my friend was one of the victims of the attack, maybe he was negligent when accessing it. and so far I am still faithfully using the web wallet MyEtherWallet.com and of course I am always vigilant when wanting to make transactions using a web wallet.

TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 10:39:13 AM

Hi

Thank you very much.

As for Metamask many people stop using it because of how easy it is to hack metamask using browser extension that can steal privacy data, the news is all over the internet but for Myetherwallet many people are still using it including myself, you can try trust wallet or jaxx wallet if you want the most used eth wallets

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 10:45:26 AM

Hi

Thank you very much.

With enough news i have gathered on the web i think Metamask is not safe to store large amount of eth or tokens since you can only use the wallet as a browser extension, i like myether wallet better than Metamask and its safer too,i don't know how many people are using myether wallet but i am sure its favorite choice for many because of its simplicity

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 01:30:37 PM

I use metamask but don't really depend on tools like that.  They are not as safe as cold wallet and offline storage . Anyone using either of the two shouldn't  store alot on it... I would recommend holding only what you can afford to lose on them.
Ezio_Auditore

Activity: 487
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 01:30:58 PM

This is my personal opinion and I impose it on anyone. I just don't trust third-party developments. Yes, many people call browser extensions very reliable. There have been cases when Chrome Web Store removed the MetaMask extension from access. And that doesn't give him any more confidence from me. I have a bookmark with the website MyEtherWallet and keys on a flash card and this is enough to not use extensions. If the extension has already been compromised, it may happen again in the future.

▰▰▰▰  TRONBOMB  ▰▰▰▰
▰▰▰▰    PLAY AND EARN DIVIDENDS    ▰▰▰▰
 Dice Roll    Lucky Wheel     To The Moon 
airdropan

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

♦♦♦♦♦

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 04:49:38 PM

For me i dont like using chrome extention because i think that not trust enough, do manually on etherwallet is best choice and quite safe. my bad experience lost my ballance on wallet make me not trust any third app or extention like metamask and android app.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 08:06:50 PM

Hi

Thank you very much.

Well, I have been using metamask since I heard that logging into my MEW with private keys all the time is not safe. The problem I have with metamask is that the UI tends to get slow anytime there is a problem of congestion and increase in gwei. Other than that it is very safe to use. The reason why many people may not fancy it is because it is not as popular like MEW. Many people don't know about it especially since it started out as an extension for PC only back then (it is now available for some selected browsers on Android like Mozilla and Yandex browsers)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: