Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 12:27:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying your phone with Bitcoin  (Read 430 times)
plwpble (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:08:53 PM

OK I thought I would see how much interest there is on paying your cell phone bill with bit coins. I am retailer located in Salina, KS named Salina Cell.  I offer several prepaid phone services and will accept bit coin.  I do RTR for Boost Mobile primarily but also can do Page Plus, Simple Mobile, Net 10 as well as prepaid Verizon, AT&T and T Mobile.  What is the communities feelings about this and what would I need to do to make people feel secure in dealing with me.  Also would like to know what other phone providers on the prepaid make would be of interest.
CryptoJunky

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 11:52:19 PM

OK I thought I would see how much interest there is on paying your cell phone bill with bit coins. I am retailer located in Salina, KS named Salina Cell.  I offer several prepaid phone services and will accept bit coin.  I do RTR for Boost Mobile primarily but also can do Page Plus, Simple Mobile, Net 10 as well as prepaid Verizon, AT&T and T Mobile.  What is the communities feelings about this and what would I need to do to make people feel secure in dealing with me.  Also would like to know what other phone providers on the prepaid make would be of interest.

I'd definitely be interested. There was a service that allowed you to do this for a bit, Bitcoin Wireless. There scope was pretty wide as they allowed you to pay for cell phone service anywhere in the world. If I remember correctly they had some issues during their beta and shut the service down (it was run by bitinstant).

If there were a service that allowed me to pay for my cell phone with Bitcoin I would use it. My 'contract' is just about up and I'd much rather switch to prepaid with Bitcoin than continue with a contract on a carrier.

Would you be offering this in your specific store or be offering this via an online site?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: