Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:52:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where does bitcoin get its price?  (Read 1207 times)
Indighost

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:28:12 PM

it's "perceived" value, which means people have given it a value, even thought there is nothing physical to back it up

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Melquart

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:31:01 PM

Bitcoin gets its price from people demand to buy bitcoin. More people buying btc more the price increases.

godzillarekt007

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

Floki Robot

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:40:41 PM

Bitcoin gets its price by the basic laws of Supply & Demand. Its as simple as that. Previously there were more bitcoins mined in a day then there were users so bitcoin price stayed

quite low, but now its the opposite way. Bitcoin creates 1800 new coins a day, but tens of thousands of users are added a day. There isnt even one for everybody who now wants

it. Whats that going to do to price? Naturally it will drive it up over time (with market irrationality acting out on the day to day ie China Ban, etc)

MingoCoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

2B+ mobile users thru gaming & messaging

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 08:59:51 PM

There is a difference in supply/demand of the speculative market and supply/demand for currency. Right now it's supply/demand of the forex community.

Keep in mind that even currency does not have an inherent value. It's only that we agree to accept it as a carrier of value...otherwise it's just really fancy paper.

MINGOCOIN    ║     Taking crypto to 2B+ mobile users through messaging and gaming     ║    MINGOCOIN   
──────────────── ║   TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKBITCOINTALKWHITEPAPER   ║ ────────────────
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:01:12 PM

Bitcoin has a varying price from time to time. The questions that come to my mind when I learned about bitcoin is why does bitcoin price varies. Where does bitcoin depends its price? Why bitcoin does not have a fixed price?

i thinks its because of supply vs demand circulation, so the price of bitcoin will raise because the supply of it in the market is limited and the demand is totally rapidly higher that what its expected before. like our fiat money there a supply vs demand circulation too in the market so the value of it can be its either high or low..
m!llar

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:57:32 AM

bitcoin is free coin so that simple supply and demand rule is really effect but now we see how china effect with this coin
niterde

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:39:28 AM

simple supply and demand. basic economics. supply is fixed and demand is increasing over time, which leads to a higher price.
Hanebel

Activity: 363

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:19:28 AM

Bitcoin has a varying price from time to time. The questions that come to my mind when I learned about bitcoin is why does bitcoin price varies. Where does bitcoin depends its price? Why bitcoin does not have a fixed price?

The price is driven by supply and demand and their play against each other. More supply, lower price. Less demand, lower price. And the opposite is true too. This supply vs. demand relationship is behind all pricing of any thing in the world, it's just that most goods and services have more control over their existing price and how quickly they are updated to meet the market. Bitcoin (like stocks and currencies) is different because there is so much trading and it's done publicly the influence of supply and demand can be known and communicated immediately.
osasshem

Activity: 625

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:33:51 AM

If you can remember the law of supply and demand, the higher the the demand, the higher the price, so,  the more people get to know about bitcoin, so the price keeps going up.
Hanebel

Activity: 363

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:52:29 AM

I just wonder what happen when the supply of bitcoin will close to exhaustion. It's quite unfair for those who invested late,Or it does not work like that?What do you think?
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:32:24 PM

The growth depends on its usage. The more its circulated around, the value is driven more high. The more its is kept stagnant, the value does not grow positively. The more the values increases, the more bitcoins are circulated into market. This is how the growth comes in.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:30:41 PM

The price is based on supply and demand just like stocks in the stock market. If a company has great potential or good earnings, the stock has more demand, more people want to buy so the price goes up as a result.

The same thing happens with Bitcoins. More people want it so the price starts going up because people are willing to pay higher prices for it. Bitcoin is also designed to be deflationary. Fewer Bitcoins are mined each year and will end at 21 million Bitcoins. Because of this design, the price should increase as fewer Bitcoins are available over time.

The combination of fewer Bitcoins available and Bitcoin becoming more well known and more mainstream should make the price increase over time even with some volatility.
chr!snes

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:20:44 AM

law of supply and demand

trust people

security
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:22:14 AM

I do not really know but I think it is in trading site. Because IRS said that we can determine the bitcoin price in trading site or exchange site to calculating the taxation. I do not really sure,  correct me if I am false. Bitcoin price is only depend on supply and demand.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
budakjawa

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:51:51 AM

bitcoin gets its price from buyers and enthusiasts bitcoin, the more bitcoin in interest and hard to get bitcoin then the more expensive

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: