Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:23:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to participate in an ICO?  (Read 1158 times)
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:46:00 PM

Hi,

I'm totally new in cryptocurrencies and have been searching around to invest a little in interesting coins.
Apparently the most interesting but risky investments are the ICO's, interesting because the initial value is low so that big profits are possible,
risky because chances are big that your investment goes down the drain.
I looked around and found an interesting one, now I'm wondering how to proceed.
To invest, should I deposit bitcoins? And where can I store the acquired tokens, can I store them on an exchange, or do I need a wallett?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Well, there's no general rule. It depends on how ICO's companies manage their token sale. The best choice is to go on ICO website and follow the instructions they wrote.
To invest you can use Bitcoin, but more often nowadays, ETH.

Which is the ICO you found interesting btw?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:20:51 PM

There are a lot of ICO's coming out nowadays and as far as I know instructions depends on what ICO it is you'll be participating. There should be more information on their website if what coin they'll be accepting or wallet you should be using to participate in their ICO. This is based on what I've read so far as I haven't participated in any ICO's yet.
It is very tempting though because of the price but be very careful as you might lose your hard earned money in an instant if an ICO turns out as a scam. I was advised to not participate on any ICO if I haven't learned about it yet. If in any case you want to invest on it, just invest about 10 percent of your portfolio on ICO's. Good luck!
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:41:44 PM

As a newbie I advice that you should  patiently learn, read and  understand  the  details of  how to invest in ICO
1. Read and  understand the  project  whithepaper: details about  the  problem there Idea want  to solve
2. Source information about  the  team of  professionals involve, check through there past project.
lot of  scammers out there, so you have to be carefull, not to lose your  hard  earn crypto.

kie

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:09:06 AM

Hi,

I'm totally new in cryptocurrencies and have been searching around to invest a little in interesting coins.
Apparently the most interesting but risky investments are the ICO's, interesting because the initial value is low so that big profits are possible,
To invest, should I deposit bitcoins? And where can I store the acquired tokens, can I store them on an exchange, or do I need a wallett?

Welcome newbie, yes all ICO are interesting, but you need to look for a legit ICO because there are lots of spammer.
Be wise in choosing what ICO are you going to join.
 Read, explore and choose wisely.
 but there are lots of ICO rules and every ICO differ in rules so its better to follow that are their policies to avoid conflicts.

Tarima24

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:49:16 AM

I hope someday I can join any campaign and signature
Solve.Care

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:58:42 AM

Just make sure you fully understand the project idea you've chosen to back. Carefully read the whitepaper, analyze project's risks and opportunities. And please make a double/triple/quadruple check on where do you put your funds.

Solve.Care ■ Healthcare on Blockchain ■ Solve.Care
Spinbackup

Activity: 70

SPIN ICO starts November 7, 2017

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 11:02:15 AM

You really have to be a WOLF and not a SHEEP.

Nowadays, people really don’t realize that the majority of us, are trained NOT to trust our own judgment. We follow the rules of society, our parents, teachers and what not. With time, we naturally get customised to this type of submission and follow the status quo. We can either continue to do so and eventually acknowledge that we are nothing different than sheep. Or we can be like wolves, which defines stubborn personalities that usually places a question mark next to everything. Wolves usually tend to find great happiness because they follow their OWN dreams and make their OWN plans.
Do your own research before you participate in ICO's, here are some steps to minimize the risk as much as possible:

Degree of transparency
       - info on team members? whitepaper? roadmap? distribution of funds?

Stage of Development
       - Do they have a beta platform? a Minimum viable product? or a whitepaper?

Presence & Community size
       - Are they active in their communities? do they have multiple platforms like slack & telegram (Join if so)
       - Do they have any media presence like Forbes, medium etc where they go into details of the project A-Z?

Impact of use case
       - What are they trying to solve? what is their use case? what is the impact of this?
       - How big is their market? is it even worth it to invest in this?
       - Do they have any competition already within the same market?

Funding structure
      - How much money do they want to raise? How much money do they actually need of this?
      - What is the price of the token compared to the circulating supply?
      - How will they distribute the allocated funds?

With this being provided to you, I hope you now are a little bit more educated about what to search for before investing in an ICO.

I completely agree with the author - there too much fake ICOs running right now and you need to be sure that you're investing into a real company with a real product. Also, I recommend you to aware of ICOs that offer unbelievably high-profit rates (1000% or something else).

PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:11:07 AM

Hi,

If you want to participate in an ICO you must go to their site or their whitepaper and read what you to know about your prefered ICO. If you want to invest in an ICO , make sure that its safe and legit so that you wont have to regret the things that you must not have done in the first place and all the efforts you do will not be wasted. Yes you should have wallet if you want to store tokens  and if you invest in an ICO you must know the start and the end sale of the ico.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:17:32 AM

Investing in ICO is very risky. Why? Due to the rise of fraud under the guise of attractive concepts with professional teams (fake). But, if you push yourself to follow ICO, please choose ICO which uses smart contract for easy transaction.
speakoo

Activity: 224
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:22:02 AM

Hi,

That's really easy. Find a project which you think good , then send them money during its ico period .You will get you tokens after they send to you.That's all .Wait some exchanges to list it , you can trade it for hold it.

Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:26:54 AM

Hello there guys I am new here in bitcoin or cryptocurrency. I just want to ask what is the meaning of ICO? Is it something to do with the posting and the campaign?

It could be regarded like an IPO. It is a way for projects to collect some money to support their development and its marketing + management. But contrary to IPOs there are not a lot of regulations out, so you have a high risk to meet scammers, which will do nothing than just disapearing with your money. Therefore do your thourough research before you invest any money. Others are just distributing (airdropping) their coins, like Deeponion.
sandrun

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:35:47 AM

before you invest ico you should read some explanation about ico that you will follow. see how many people are investing in the ico. if only a few follow the ico you should not follow the ico because of the possibility of the coin will fail in the future. a lot of ico that failed and many also successful. if you want to invest in ico .. you can use bitcoin to buy the coins. usually at a cheap price. not just eth bitcoin you can also use to buy the coins. you just create your wallet account then buy the coin. then save it

vvadym

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:46:04 PM

Every ICO has it own rules.
If you would like to participate in ICO, you have:
1)   to understand the idea of the project and how valuable it is;
2)   to analyze and evaluate a white-paper;
3)   to be aware of fraud.
lusiaga

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:58:02 PM

Hi,

That's really easy. Find a project which you think good , then send them money during its ico period .You will get you tokens after they send to you.That's all .Wait some exchanges to list it , you can trade it for hold it.
but i dont know where is the best and high quality icos is going on now. very hard to choose which one is better. cause lots of scam and failed icos.
olliejjc16

Activity: 145

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:59:35 PM

Depends on the ICO most are Ethereum based so you can just send directly from your wallet to the contract. Never send from an exchange though when participating or you could lose your money forever.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:03:53 PM

Hi,

At first you should follow their instructions there are lot of icos now that has a instructions, just follow the threads or slacks of the new icos so that you will get updated and also before you can invest in icos you need bitcoin to buy their coins and it will be distributed after the ico ended mostly now is in a month. Mostly you can get their coin in their websites and after that you can exchange it on the exchanges
YYmeans

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:17:29 PM

Hi,

Tell me the interesting one ico you have found, I will give you my person points on this project.I will tell you how to join one step by one step.

luxcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:10:58 PM

Just be careful I Say. Never trust an ICO if they do not have done anything yet and their roadmap seems to poor or unbeliveable. Just use good sense

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
prlelbnwh

Activity: 93

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:19:24 PM

In recent times, I do not recommend you to ICO, just a personal recommendation.
If you have to join an ICO, I suggest that you do not transfer from the exchange, in particular, ERC20 TOKEN must use your personal wallet to master the private key, or you will lose the TOKEN. Bitcoin does not have a smart contract, so do not worry about it.

lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:24:34 PM

Just be careful I Say. Never trust an ICO if they do not have done anything yet and their roadmap seems to poor or unbeliveable. Just use good sense
why ? Can i ask why you need to convince some people not to trust some ico? Will thats not good as far as i know ICO is known as clasified  investment site such as running campaign now adays. If you are talking ico in bounty maybe i will agree . Lol
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: