Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:56:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER fixed price auction 2.5BTC/share, 2000 shares  (Read 10532 times)
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 06:41:53 PM

Never mind I found it. It amazes me what people are willing to pay to enter the mining game. At this rate I wouldn't see and ROI for 2 1/2 years.
40% per year is actually a pretty amazing ROI.

Not in the world of Bitcoin sir. For $33,000 (250 BTC x $133) I can buy a foreclosed home, renovate it, put it on the market and within 4 months double your original investment and that is still taking a hefty profit for myself.

1) That's not the world of Bitcoin, that's the world of fiat and the crashed US housing market.
2) Renovating is a more work than buying ASICMINER.
3) Renovating is a lot more work than buying ASICMINER.
4) That's not the world of Bitcoin.
5) No.

Says the guy with 27 posts. Welcome to Bitcoin please tell me more about what you know with all of your experience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:43:22 PM

Never mind I found it. It amazes me what people are willing to pay to enter the mining game. At this rate I wouldn't see and ROI for 2 1/2 years.

Not in the world of Bitcoin sir. For $33,000 (250 BTC x $133) I can buy a foreclosed home, renovate it, put it on the market and within 4 months double your original investment and that is still taking a hefty profit for myself.

*and that includes taking a hefty profit for myself.

I think you are looking for the "Slumlord forums" next door...maybe they are more interested in the amazing opportunities in the US housing market.  Roll Eyes

Mining stocks benefit from three sources of appreciation....the stock value is held in units of bitcoin which is increasing in value (in the long term), the stock price is appreciating every time Friedcat does something even more brilliant, and you get paid in dividends every week. 

If you just looked at it alone from the dividend aspect we are making as someone mentioned >40% income per year.
(In a currency that is also appreciating.)

First of all you can go fuck yourself for referring to me as a slum lord. I take pride and care into what I do and take a house that has been destroyed by previous owners who defaulted on their loans for whatever reason. I do not judge them nor do I pass judgement on anyone I don't know personally.

As for it being a lot of work it is a great deal of work but it is also something I enjoy and take pride in. It's a great feeling taking a home that most people are afraid to step foot in and renovating it into something beautiful and desirable again.

The 40% ROI is great in many different aspects of investing but in Bitcoin it holds a serious risk. Their are so many factors in Bitcoin such as the economy of Bitcoin, government interference, general adoption etc. that for me 2 1/2 years is to long to "wait and see". If I am going to invest in a BTC opportunity I would like to see a 6-8 month turn around. This limits the risk substantially and any investor will tell you risking an investment in something as volatile as Bitcoin get your money in and out as quickly as possible and use our profits to go long.

Two questions then...

1. What assets have a better ROI than AM, or meet your criteria
2. If AM is not good enough, and probably nothing else is, why are you here?
CMMPro

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:48:31 PM

I apologize to Nightowlace...in all sincerity.

If you are truly proud of what you do there is nothing more satisfying than building something with your own two hands that others truly appreciate.

I know this satisfaction too, I realize I was was just being a prick...sometimes that happens.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 12:13:52 AM

I apologize to Nightowlace...in all sincerity.

If you are truly proud of what you do there is nothing more satisfying than building something with your own two hands that others truly appreciate.

I know this satisfaction too, I realize I was was just being a prick...sometimes that happens.

Thank you, it happens to the best of us.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 12:19:02 AM

*and that includes taking a hefty profit for myself.

I think you are looking for the "Slumlord forums" next door...maybe they are more interested in the amazing opportunities in the US housing market.  Roll Eyes

Mining stocks benefit from three sources of appreciation....the stock value is held in units of bitcoin which is increasing in value (in the long term), the stock price is appreciating every time Friedcat does something even more brilliant, and you get paid in dividends every week. 

If you just looked at it alone from the dividend aspect we are making as someone mentioned >40% income per year.
(In a currency that is also appreciating.)

First of all you can go fuck yourself for referring to me as a slum lord. I take pride and care into what I do and take a house that has been destroyed by previous owners who defaulted on their loans for whatever reason. I do not judge them nor do I pass judgement on anyone I don't know personally.

As for it being a lot of work it is a great deal of work but it is also something I enjoy and take pride in. It's a great feeling taking a home that most people are afraid to step foot in and renovating it into something beautiful and desirable again.

The 40% ROI is great in many different aspects of investing but in Bitcoin it holds a serious risk. Their are so many factors in Bitcoin such as the economy of Bitcoin, government interference, general adoption etc. that for me 2 1/2 years is to long to "wait and see". If I am going to invest in a BTC opportunity I would like to see a 6-8 month turn around. This limits the risk substantially and any investor will tell you risking an investment in something as volatile as Bitcoin get your money in and out as quickly as possible and use our profits to go long.

Two questions then...

1. What assets have a better ROI than AM, or meet your criteria
2. If AM is not good enough, and probably nothing else is, why are you here?

I agree if you are going long then AM shares are 100% worth it. I just can't see a position with that length of time for that much risk with the volatility of Bitcoin.
I love Bitcoin, I am a huge supporter. I am big into Casascius Coins, it is a brilliant idea. I am all for growing the economy of Bitcoin. I try to buy and spend my bitcoin not just hoard them. I also have many casascius coin's that I am holding onto for a long position. All I am saying here is 250BTC ($32,500) with a 2 1/2 year turn around on recouping your original investment seems a bit too much and too long for me.

This is my personal opinion. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink. Like I said if it was a 6-8 month turn around I would be all for it. 
Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:27:27 AM

All I am saying here is 250BTC ($32,500) with a 2 1/2 year turn around on recouping your original investment seems a bit too much and too long for me.

This is my personal opinion. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink. Like I said if it was a 6-8 month turn around I would be all for it. 
You're free to liquidate your equity anytime before that "turn around time". Then the profit is (shares*valuation)+dividends. If you're bullish on bitfountain (i.e. if you expect the valuation to be fair or undervalued) then it makes sense to move BTC into that investment. However, only move as much as you can sacrifice in liquidity, because valuation variance may trap you into a long position.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:01:38 AM

Just PM'ed you and John K.
Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 03:54:25 AM

Daily Update

1600 shares available.
160 shares in reservation.
240 shares paid.

Reminder
If you want the dividend for tomorrow get payed, place your bid before the dividend payment is executed.

"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Kinetic915

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:00:18 PM

what is the share/ profit ratio here?  never bought into a asicminer share

qukkM

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:56:10 PM

i thought shares were being sold in blocks of 100, is the split in paid/unpaid over 1 buyer 160/240

http://www.bitcoinseedshop.com -  the first bitcoin only cannabis seed shop. Secure, pseudonymous payments.
Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:01:22 PM

i thought shares were being sold in blocks of 100, is the split in paid/unpaid over 1 buyer 160/240
yes. And I also dropped the requirement to a minimum of 40 shares.

Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:10:42 PM

Daily Update

1550 shares available.
50 shares in reservation/escrow.
400 shares paid.

jborkl

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 03:22:28 PM

176 shares =440 btc

I will be sending payment tonight

pm me for any info needed

Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:18:43 AM

Daily Update

1374 shares available.
50 shares in reservation/escrow.
576 shares paid.

MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:23:08 AM

Daily updates are not that daily. How many left?
Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:29:09 AM

Subweekly Update

1250 shares available.
130 shares in reservation/escrow.
620 shares paid.

ning

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:56:59 AM

Thank you, Jutarul. You've handled the transfer professionally. And I've already been receiving dividends directly from friedcat.

Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:47:02 AM

Subweekly Update

1210 shares available.
120 shares in reservation/escrow.
670 shares paid.

Thank you, Jutarul. You've handled the transfer professionally. And I've already been receiving dividends directly from friedcat.
Glad to hear things are to your satisfaction! Smiley

Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:01:12 PM

Subweekly Update

1210 shares available.
80 shares in reservation/escrow.
710 shares paid.

dhenson
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:12:26 PM

I would still be interested in 25 shares if you decide to lower the minimum purchase.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: