Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:14:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Help!  (Read 511 times)
GCPhoenix (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:21:51 AM

This is my father, he has been fighting lung cancer for the past year. The cancer has spread to his liver, and the doctors say he has less than a month.

http://s17.postimg.org/8kr6d4kpr/photo.jpg

He spent over twenty years serving his country in the Army and then another twenty years as a corrections officer. Veteran's affairs will not pay for expenses such as a casket, or a memorial service. My family is drowning in the cost of the medical bills and we need help.

http://s17.postimg.org/vda6sy7kv/Army.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/iz78x2zon/Corrections.jpg

Here is a picture of me following in my father's footsteps:
http://s21.postimg.org/enn8lti5j/Mom.jpg

My brother and sister:
http://s24.postimg.org/av7wnznlx/Siblings.jpg

I'm now currently going to school out of state, and I would like to return home to visit him before it's too late, but I'm a poor college student and I can't afford the trips back and forth. We have never been the type of people to ask for anything, but we could really use it now. My mom has no sort of savings and will lose his retirement when my dad passes. I've included donation links at the bottom if you are able to help us. Thank you!

Bitcoin: 15iYfHQCEVM11yUUtZLJAbZW2ou6M5oopo

Litecoin: LXwNGYky5XwzzLiF3umZ26ihaitqN3Qy6M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GCPhoenix (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:31:40 AM

P.S. sorry for the repost from the newbie board. I wasn't able to post here before.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:40:46 PM

You do realize that you would garner more funds, albeit fiat, if you posted the same on some Facebook page don't you?

My ex-wife is dying of cancer and I found out last week that my daughter has an incurable brain tumor with only months to live, yet not even I would ask for 1 satoshi of donation.

This will be the first and last time I mention my daughter, for I don't want to be treated any differently by the community, allowing to be only based on my posts related to Bitcoin issues.

If you like what I write and feel compelled to donate, the address in my sig belongs to Bitcoin 100 of which Rassah, a very trusted member, oversees would suffice. If you don't like what I pen, then stick it up my ass if you can't agree to disagree.
GCPhoenix (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:25:32 PM

First off, I'm sorry for what's happening with your family, cancer really is a terrible thing. As far as facebook goes, I'm only friends with around 70 people and a large portion of them are family. So, that's not really a good target audience for asking for help. As far as donating to your cause, I have nothing to donate. I've always been the person to donate when I'm able. Unfortunately, as you should know, medical bills are extremely costly and have left us entirely broke. You personally may choose not to talk about it here, but I am in the off-topic forum and I don't believe I'm violating any sort of rule here. So, please take your criticism of what I'm trying to do for my family somewhere else. If you don't want to help, then don't, no one is twisting your arm here. I leave you with a story as to why helping individuals is better than trying to help everyone with a charity.

The famous story of the boy and the starfish shows why using charity to fix individual problems can be very valuable.

Once upon a time, a man walking along a beach saw a boy picking up starfish and throwing them into the sea.
He asked the boy why he was throwing starfish into the sea.
The boy replied, "The tide is going out. If I don't throw them in, they'll dry up and die."
The man smiled patronisingly and said, "But, there are miles of beach and thousands of starfish on every mile. You can't possibly make a difference!"
The boy smiled, bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it into the sea.
"Well," he said, "I made a difference for that one."

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/charity/against_1.shtml
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 10:17:45 PM

You personally may choose not to talk about it here, but I am in the off-topic forum and I don't believe I'm violating any sort of rule here. So, please take your criticism of what I'm trying to do for my family somewhere else.

Read the rules.  Begging is not allowed.

There's also a very good chance you are a scammer.  You learn your father is dying and you come to a forum for a cryptocurrency that is non reversible?    Roll Eyes   You then show a complete lack of respect for a member that has been an outstanding part of the community for years.  Look at his post count and the color of his ignore tag.    Compare that to your post count and how involved with Bitcoins you have been.

Off to report this topic for begging.  I suggest others do the same.  The trash is where this belongs.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:03:31 PM

You personally may choose not to talk about it here, but I am in the off-topic forum and I don't believe I'm violating any sort of rule here. So, please take your criticism of what I'm trying to do for my family somewhere else.

Read the rules.  Begging is not allowed.

There's also a very good chance you are a scammer.  You learn your father is dying and you come to a forum for a cryptocurrency that is non reversible?    Roll Eyes   You then show a complete lack of respect for a member that has been an outstanding part of the community for years.  Look at his post count and the color of his ignore tag.    Compare that to your post count and how involved with Bitcoins you have been.

Off to report this topic for begging.  I suggest others do the same.  The trash is where this belongs.

I didn't even know that begging was not allowed. Also, I have never, nor ever will, report a single person via the option available. Not dissing those that do--just stating that I don't or won't, unless something ultra nefarious needs address like a suicide attempt, etc. Same true for people a person on ignore.

What I want to point out is that any person can start an account today, and in less than a month post a similar donation request, regardless if a member of their family is in dire straits or not.

Facebook was just an example, with a myriad other avenues available to garner funds from, yet you came here using your dying dad to hopefully get some bitcoins, of which now you'll probably won't get very many.

But you had another option available, one you opted to not explore. You could have came here adding value to the forum and nonchalantly mention your dad's ill health, going into ever so slight details of what's happening. If, or when, pushed came to shove, you could have offered up some small service or product you're verse in for exchange of some bitcoins so that you'll have some funds to travel to see you dad.

It's a shame that there have been so many scams taking on the looks of your unfortunate episode that people have become hyper-critical when possibly a real event, like yours, is presented. My apologies if that's the case, but the reality of the matter is you probably won't get much help here, even though overall this is a very giving community.
GCPhoenix (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:10:30 PM

You know what, I understand your skepticism but not everyone is a scammer. The reason I have so few posts is because I just discovered bitcoin about a month ago and I don't have the hardware to do anything useful. I did not come here to beg, I'm not spamming the boards. I made one simple post asking if anyone would like to donate and help out. If you needed further proof all you had to do was ask. I am in no way exploiting my father's health. Quite frankly I haven't been around very long, and I'm really disappointed in all of you. Not because you aren't willing to donate, that's perfectly fine. But I'm pissed that you just make the assumption that I'm a liar. It's also clear that you didn't even bother to read the post. I'm not looking for money to travel, mainly to help my mother until she is in the mental state where she can look for a job. She has no sort of savings and is going to lose his retirement when he dies. If more proof was all you needed, I was willing to provide that. All you had to do was ask. Shame on all of you, I have other ways to raise money. Moderators please lock or delete this thread.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:36:46 PM

I did not come here to beg.

Bullshit.  You came here and posted a thread begging.

Next time you want us to believe your father has been fighting lung cancer for months/years, try shaving his head.

You can lock this thread yourself, and disappear to wherever you came from.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
GCPhoenix (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:39:58 PM

I did not come here to beg.

Bullshit.  You came here and posted a thread begging.

Next time you want us to believe your father has been fighting lung cancer for months/years, try shaving his head.

You can lock this thread yourself, and disappear to wherever you came from.

Wow, you sure are an ignorant asshole. Just so you know, the cancer doesn't cause someone to lose their hair. It's the chemotherapy/radiation treatments. Which he is not receiving because they are not helping stop the tumor growth in his lung. So go fuck yourself!  Wink
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:44:22 PM

Wow, you sure are an ignorant asshole. Just so you know, the cancer doesn't cause someone to lose their hair. It's the chemotherapy/radiation treatments. Which he is not receiving because they are not helping stop the tumor growth in his lung. So go fuck yourself!

Actually, I did know that - I'm not ignorant at all.  Smiley

I appreciate it when scammers get angry at me.  Let's me know I'm helping.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: