Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:59:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: {WTS} 1.06 CT E/I1 ROUND DIAMOND SOLITAIRE ENGAGEMENT RING 14K - SOLD  (Read 1676 times)
data_teks (OP)

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:37:12 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 11:26:16 PM by data_teks

1.06 CT E/I1 ROUND DIAMOND SOLITAIRE ENGAGEMENT RING 14K GOLD

Per the appraisal that comes with the sale of this diamond ring:

Ring is 14K White Gold; Size 6.5

Center Stone: 1.06 Carat (Round Cut)
Clarity: I1
Color: E (colorless)

There are no real visible black carbon spots to the naked eye and the diamond sparkles great. The diamond is in the "I" range,
so inclusions can be seen under 10x magnification. I just had the diamond put into a new setting, so it is in "like new condition" with a tight setting for the diamond; the ring itself is in flawless condition.

The diamond was appraised locally for Private Party sell at $2800; replacement value is $3850

**Willing to escrow through a confirmed legit escrow service of this message board; buyer to pay escrow fees**

BTC  ASKING  BTC

I also have it for sale on eBay if you want to pay through PayPal (USA Only) but it will be a little bit more expensive that way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140993785843

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
data_teks (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:05:45 PM

bump..
data_teks (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:18:55 PM

Bump; taking reasonable offers as well!
data_teks (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:44:30 AM

up.
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:01:17 PM

it definitely looks real and has all the papers for it
Choadmeyer

Activity: 495
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:21:19 PM

I've been in the jewelry game for the past 5 years and I just wanted to give you my 2 cents your ring. Sorry couldn't resist  Wink Grin

Although you do have "paperwork", it's not the kind of paperwork a buyer who will pay top dollar is really looking for. What the ring really needs is a G.I.A. certificate for the stone, however, given the quality of the diamond I can tell you it would not be cost effective to have the diamond sent out for grading.

The first issue with the stone is the depth percentage - your stone is a little too deep (3.99/6.36mm = 62.7%). Although still an "Excellent" cut stone, your dimensions are just outside of the "Ideal/Brilliant" range, which essentially means your stone is leaking light (Therefore making is appear less brilliant). A poorly cut, heavily included stone is significantly less brilliant than a perfectly cut, equally included identical stone.

http://www.drostes.com/Learn-About-Depth-Percentage_ep_112.html

Given that the girdle is also described as "fat", it becomes clear that when the stone was in it's rough form, there really wasn't enough "meat on the bone" for a brilliant cut stone, so they had to cut corners (for lack of a better term) to keep the stone above 1 carat.

I1 clarity can vary greatly from stone to stone. If the inclusions are large carbon spots right in the middle of the table, YIKES! If they are just small feathers near the side of the stone, they may be able to be hidden with prongs. Sounds like your clarity isn't too bad. It's good that the stone has a great color, but that can be a tough sell with other factors bringing the value down.

If this had walked into my store I would have given you my sales pitch "it's only in 14k, too deep, it's I1, thick girdle, no GIA cert" and probably would have offered you $500. Depending on the price of gold at the time, I would have come up a bit, depending on what my boss wanted to pay. He was a cheap bastard though so I doubt he'd go over $700.

Your asking price isn't too far off though. If you still can't move it in a few days let me know I'm sure I could help you get rid of it.

Choadmeyer

Activity: 495
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:26:33 PM

This one was good too, although they have a slightly different opinion on what the "Ideal" cut percentage it.

http://www.jewelry-secrets.com/Diamonds/Diamonds-Leak-Light/Diamonds-That-Leak-Light-And-Life.html

data_teks (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:55:15 PM

Yeah it has inclusions under 10x (which is why it is in the I range) but it doesn't have any big black carbon spots to the naked eye. If you try and look real close, and I mean real close with good light, you kind of see inclusions here and there from underneath the stone and maybe a little from the top. I do know about GIA/EGL certs but they cost like $100+ to get graded and it has to be a loose stone.  Not really worth it for me to pay to have it unmounted, sent off for grading, and then remounted and probably not come back much different than what it was appraised at. I took this to the local guy because he was a "GIA certified gemologist" and been doing it awhile; also it wasn't his stone he was trying to sale me. i know my original paperwork actually had this listed as a SI1-SI2 but he told me that is was lower than that.  I had him put a replacement value on the appraisal but he told me I should be able to get $2800 for it locally on craigslist or the newspaper classifieds. However I rather just give person/end buyer a good deal (I have it for sale at 2k locally knowing I can't get that price online without a GIA cert or something); but I'm not looking to really rip myself off either by giving a dealer a "good deal", if you know what I mean. The most I could get a pawn shop to give me was $900 (this was to get a feel of the true value for my local market). Most of them were like your opinion and stayed at around 500-600 probably thinking I'm desperate for cash.  But anyway I figure that's pawn shop price, which we all know is ridiculously low because they would turn around and list this thing for probably $2.5k or more.

I did take it to my local Helzburg and Zales stores, had the sales people look at it under it their loops and asked them to find me a comparable diamond; everything they had was $3000+. They all told me the same thing, that it has inclusions, but just under normal conditions, it was a beautiful stone.

Anyway, I am just listing it with the worst grading I got, just so no one feels cheated when they buy it from me as I do know every stone is different and so is every diamond appraiser's opinion.

What I have listed here is literally my bottom dollar in BTC only. Because I can take that BTC and mark it up and make 20 cents on the dollar profit on eBay.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: