Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:49:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get bitcoin cash  (Read 481 times)
grantycoiner (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Follow ME : @EllenDonley

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:10:01 PM

How do I get bitcoin cash from old muitbit wallet 0.5.18 it did have bitcoin in on the fork date

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:41:57 AM

And I have another question: how I get Bitcoin Cash from Electrum multisig address? It seems that the usual ways don't work...
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:06:41 AM

And I have another question: how I get Bitcoin Cash from Electrum multisig address? It seems that the usual ways don't work...

Did you try using Electron Cash, the Bitcoin Cash version found at http://bitcoincash.org?

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
GAVlNBelson

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:58:09 AM

First move your BTC to a new wallet, if you haven't already. Then find the appropriate client for BCH, and use your old key (containing still BCH) to run through whichever app or exchange wallet/service you end up using. Make sure your BTC have been confirmed and safely moved to new address first, just to be sure you don't get Cosby'd! Cheesy
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:56:39 AM

How do I get bitcoin cash from old muitbit wallet 0.5.18 it did have bitcoin in on the fork date

This question has been asked to many times already. Try considering the search bar or mr.google.
Anyways, you can buy if you didn't have btc back then before august 1. But if you had, then go and get a new wallet with zero balance. meaning, new wallet with new, private keys, new back up, and new address. Go for the latest version. Tranfer your btc and wait for all the confirmations to finish before claiming your bch using the old wallet private key. Which should be around 30 confirmations if you have a lot of btc, and 5 if you don't have that much.
Then claim.
N@p$t3r

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:59:09 AM

Aren't there suppose to be a firmware update? My hardwallet does have.
But anyway, I wanna know the answer too.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:19:25 AM

Some hardware wallets are updated to claim them but I am not sure.
Easiest way to claim your coins is move your Bitcoins to completely new btc address with new private key.
Use your old private key with bitcoin cash's electron wallet. It is the safest way to get that bitcoin cash.
Anyways I must say even I still didn't claim my cash cause I am not trusting cash's wallet.
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:37:28 AM

Electron Cash is an easy and reliable software. Just import your multibit wallet's private keys into your electron wallet, as soon as you start it and you'll get your Bitcoin Cash. Just be sure to choose the right server, setting it up. You need to use "casharia.com" as a server. You can find a detailed tutorial here: http://decentralizednews.com/how-to-claim-bitcoin-cash-with-electron-cash-with-private-keys/

What's the problem about that? Why is it not working?

Rastadon

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:59:05 AM

Can you import your wallet to the wallet that already supported the fork update such as elextrum? and it seems already become answer for you. I just think to move your coin to the wallet that give you a possibility to receive your bitcoin cash. Try to visit the bitcoin cash thread.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: