Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:51:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FREE] New SMS Price Alert! Need reviews! (now Worldwide)  (Read 1218 times)
Rycco (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:27:31 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 02:22:24 AM by Rycco

Hey guys,

I've just developed a new SMS alerter for MtGox's prices. It's called  BTC WarnCoin BTC  warncoin.com

It was designed to be simple, secure and easy to use. It's currently free, as I don't pretend on make money on that, but I'd like it to pay it's costs (like the SMS Gateway, that is not cheap), so if you guys like it, please donate a few bitcoins (or litecoins) to the address on the website.

So, what do you guys think of the idea? I want suggestions for improvements, usability, ideas, new tools, etc.

My english isn't that good too, so if you see any spelling errors on the website please let me know!

Thanks,

Update:

Now it's available to all the countries!  Happy Investments Smiley

AGILE WEB DEVELOPER  Senior Ruby on Rails Developer. Let's talk about your project! - SPANISH / PORTUGUESE / ENGLISH (TRANSLATOR)

Warncoin! Free SMS alert for Bitcoin's price I've developed.!

My Web Developer Topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcminer021

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Mine hard!

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:32:00 PM

Nice service. Easy to use site. Will there be login for users?

I think you need a beta program to get some usage feedback. No input for telephone or email or twitter, +1 is confusing. Amounts should not start at $1...

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
endriuska

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:19:48 PM

Nice looking - great job!
Rycco (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 03:54:34 PM

Actually the field where you there is a +1 is where you put your telephone number. Is the layout confusing?

Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciating.

AGILE WEB DEVELOPER  Senior Ruby on Rails Developer. Let's talk about your project! - SPANISH / PORTUGUESE / ENGLISH (TRANSLATOR)

My Web Developer Topic.

Rycco (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 03:55:52 PM

I think you need a beta program to get some usage feedback. No input for telephone or email or twitter, +1 is confusing. Amounts should not start at $1...

Actually I don't think that it's has to have a login. I want to make it as simple as possible. But do you think i should log in the user first before it uses the service? So he can see his scheduled alerts?

My Web Developer Topic.

btcminer021

Activity: 98

Mine hard!

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:56:08 PM

Actually I don't think that it's has to have a login. I want to make it as simple as possible. But do you think i should log in the user first before it uses the service? So he can see his scheduled alerts?

Ahh, yes in US we're not used to seeing "+1" since we ARE +1! Smiley

I was thinking a login to enable/disable alerts, change/modify, etc. Also for SSL certificate so nothing is plain text.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Rycco (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:12:39 AM

I got it btcminer 21. I'll implement both ssl and remove the +1 from the number field. Any more suggestions? Do you think I should pay for some ads?

Thanks a lot,

My Web Developer Topic.

emjay2d

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:21:01 PM

Sent 9:19AM -- The price of bitcoin on mtgox is lower than 127.7

Lies! Or atleast im not seeing it! Either way I assume this is a fluke and/or will be fixed shortly.

THANKYOU!
Rycco (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:14:56 PM

Sent 9:19AM -- The price of bitcoin on mtgox is lower than 127.7

Lies! Or atleast im not seeing it! Either way I assume this is a fluke and/or will be fixed shortly.

THANKYOU!

Wasn't it lower than 127.7? Are you sure? I'm gonna re-check the code.

Thanks everybody for the reviews! I'll soon implement more stuff on the website.

My Web Developer Topic.

blindfaith

Activity: 84

www.coincloud.tk :)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:03:54 PM

Im UK so can't test but love the idea - does receiving a text cost either party?

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
bb999

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:38:34 PM

Im UK so can't test but love the idea - does receiving a text cost either party?

Receiving texts does count the same as sending them in the U.S. unlike a lot of other countries, but unlimited text plans are pretty common now, if you could implement it across a system like Viber or Whatsapp the end user may be able to reduce their text usage.  Not sure how that would affect Rycco's costs though.
Rycco (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 09:28:41 PM

Receiving texts does count the same as sending them in the U.S. unlike a lot of other countries, but unlimited text plans are pretty common now, if you could implement it across a system like Viber or Whatsapp the end user may be able to reduce their text usage.  Not sure how that would affect Rycco's costs though.

Actually you're not charged for the SMS alert you receive. It's completely free. I'm already testing the Worldwide version of the website. It should be up until the end of the week. The implementation on Viber or Whatsapp alert is a good idea, but since it's 100% free via SMS, I think that way people who doesn't have an smartphone or people without internet connection can still receive the alerts.

My Web Developer Topic.

kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:06:25 PM

Cool idea!
Rycco (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 02:30:50 AM

Thanks kodo.

Guys, I'd like to announce that the AlertCoin.com is now available Worldwide. Please, try it on your country and give me a feedback.

Greetings,

My Web Developer Topic.

blindfaith

Activity: 84

www.coincloud.tk :)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:02:45 PM

Actually you're not charged for the SMS alert you receive. It's completely free. I'm already testing the Worldwide version of the website. It should be up until the end of the week. The implementation on Viber or Whatsapp alert is a good idea, but since it's 100% free via SMS, I think that way people who doesn't have an smartphone or people without internet connection can still receive the alerts.

Awesome! Cheesy
Can't wait!

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
Rycco (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 05:07:04 AM

Awesome! Cheesy
Can't wait!

It's already available Worldwide. Please post your experience with the service, tell us what you think of it, and make a good investment.

My Web Developer Topic.

Rycco (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 02:21:42 AM

Guys, we're back online but the new address is http://warncoin.com . Enjoy!

My Web Developer Topic.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: