Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:48:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EDU] How to leave negative feedback (Read this after you've been scammed!)  (Read 11758 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:27:36 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 10:10:16 PM by TradeFortress

Did you ignore Tomatocage's thread and traded with a scammer anyways? Good job, here's what you should do so they can't scam more people:

1. Find their profile (or click on the trust link in their userbox on a post / PM). Click on the trust link.

2. Fill in the form. Enter your scammer accusations thread URL in the reference link field.

3. Here you go.

Your feedback may not show up to other users as trusted feedback (ie it won't count towards scores) unless you are trusted by them.

Was that so hard?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:13:57 AM

PS: Stickied for uber-usefulness. Thanks again for taking the time to write this up!
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:04:24 PM

Nitpick: Read this if you've been scammed!

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
jasonslow

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:48:10 PM

Some user posting negative feedback to me. even I do not have any trade with them. How can I remove  this?
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:11:42 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 11:54:37 PM by Birdy

Some user posting negative feedback to me. even I do not have any trade with them. How can I remove  this?
This user is me and all it says is that I don't trust you, because of the way you are marketing Powercoin.
It's a trust system, so I made a note that I don't trust your offers, that's what the system is for isn't it?

If you are only allowed to make such entrys after a deal, I will remove it.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 02:13:20 PM

Some user posting negative feedback to me. even I do not have any trade with them. How can I remove  this?

You can't censor other people's feedback, that would make it worthless.  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
jasonslow

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:15:29 PM

Some user posting negative feedback to me. even I do not have any trade with them. How can I remove  this?

You can't censor other people's feedback, that would make it worthless.  

I never done any trades with him. He is posting bogus feedback. He only wants to ruin my reputation.
Birdy

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:19:09 PM

I never done any trades with him. He is posting bogus feedback. He only wants to ruin my reputation.
I don't even know you, why should I want to do that?
jasonslow

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:20:08 PM

The letters will only become red if you checked the "scam option". Did I scam you or the others?
Birdy

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:23:24 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 02:55:05 PM by Birdy

The letters will only become red if you checked the "scam option". Did I scam you or the others?
Is there an other way to leave negative trust? If I don't check the box the rating is postive, isn't it?
So, otherwise it would become a positive trust, but I agree there should be more options.
(and like I said, If I am only supposed to use this after a deal I will remove the feedback)
jasonslow

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:25:46 PM

Is there an other way to leave negative trust? If I donÄt check the box the rating is postive, isn't it?
Otherwise it would become a positive trust, I agree there should be more options.
(and like I said, If I amy only use this after a deal I will remove the feedback)

But by checking the option "scammed". You already telling the world that I scammed you even I didn't. This is option is only for trades not by how you feel.
Birdy

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:27:33 PM

But by checking the option "scammed". You already telling the world that I scammed you even I didn't.

Yes, that's why I want it to be renamed/other options or the information that the trust system is only to be used after a trade.
jasonslow

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:32:38 PM

But by checking the option "scammed". You already telling the world that I scammed you even I didn't.

Yes, that's why I want it to be renamed/other options or the information that the trust system is only to be used after a trade.

If you don't understand from the example above. This is option is only for trades. Not by how you feel. Did you see the warning: "Trade with extreme caution"? You only want to abuse the system and destroy everyone's reputation even if I never done any harm to you.
Birdy

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:34:18 PM

If you don't understand from the example above. This is option is only for trades. Not by how you feel. Did you see the warning: "Trade with extreme caution"? You only want to abuse the system and destroy everyone's reputation even if I never done any harm to you.

Only people trusting me will see that warning on the left.
Where does it state that it's only for trades and not for impressions? I would like to be able to distinct between those feedbacks though.
jasonslow

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:27:48 PM

Only people trusting me will see that warning on the left.
Where does it state that it's only for trades and not for impressions? I would like to be able to distinct between those feedbacks though.

Did you know you are on default list? So basically all people will see my feedback not yours? You are abusing the system because you know the admin is trusting you?
Birdy

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:40:00 PM

Did you know you are on default list? So basically all people will see my feedback not yours? You are abusing the system because you know the admin is trusting you?
No, enlighten me, what is this default list?
I'm not abusing the system, I'm just using it.
jasonslow

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:44:33 PM

Here you are on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust . So basically all members are trusting you and all will see my feedback and not your feedback.  This is fair system right?
Birdy

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:12:50 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 12:39:42 AM by Birdy

- It's OK to post a rating about the person in general, not tied to a specific trade.
From the trust-introduction thread in the Meta-forum, so I it was alright to use the trust system this way.

Here you are on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust . So basically all members are trusting you and all will see my feedback and not your feedback.  This is fair system right?
I didn't know my opinion had this impact though, so I will think again about my feedback.

Edit:
I did some research:
- As reaction on my negative feedback you and the users "Badabing" and "zeeshanblc" gave me bad trust ratings in a short time
- You have a lot of Powercoins and the last postings of those other two users are heavily pushing powercoin
- there was no mentioning of this issue in any other thread, so the chance of them both jumping at me by chance isn't that big
-> one could assume those two accounts are your secondary accounts

2,000.00 PowerCoin (PWC) Coins More Advanced than Bitcoin

I'm offering 2,000.00 PowerCoin (PWC) Coins

This is coin is more advanced than Bitcoin:

1. 30 Seconds Confirmation - Conpared to bitcoin 30 minutes - 3 hours.

2. Asic Resistant - Bitcoin is currently being rape by asic miners.

3. Secure Sourcecode

4. Dedicated Dev Team

from your Bitmit auction. This is at least bad pratice.

You are not a scammer, but my impression is that use shady tactics to mislead people, so I think a negative trust rating is justified.
But I've updated the rating to be more appropiate.

I might be wrong, but this is just a warning for people to be cautious.
MagicBit15

Activity: 294

Let's Start a Cryptolution!!

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:09:05 PM

I think people that put negative feedback that are scammers or get proven as scammers is going to be a slight issue. With ebay, no one wants negative feedback, same with amazon, so it encourages positive experiences and a good community. Same situation here. However account creation is much easier. It is still obvious if 95% of your trades are good but some guy that scammed you and says the opposite in his reply, most will ignore. However, I think there should be a Appeal or Request to moderator thing to avoid that, for the few that appear for just sheer tarnishing, kind of is an aggravation or annoyance, very bothersome. Community as a whole it seems to be working quite well so far.

Tips for Tips: 1Jy8ZycPNjnwNLevNwoRRqPAKkZ8Fqnukc
I won the poetry contest!! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219714.40 Thank You, Sir Lambert!!
+5 Rep: Successful Forum Transactions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176117.0  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209024.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233052 Check My Rep!!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:54:43 AM

I had theymos remove Birdy from his trust list so that he no longer branches off of DefaultTrust. Thanks!

Basically, people who branch off of someone who branches off of DefaultTrust need to be much more conservative with their ratings than other people because of the fact that the feedback is trusted by default. This usually means that if you weren't involved in a scam, you must have solid proof that a scam took place before leaving feedback. If you don't branch off of someone who branches off of DefaultTrust, you are free to use the system however you want and convince people to trust you.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: