Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:00:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I buy all cryptocurrency I'm in US  (Read 203 times)
Robdny (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:07:05 AM

I'm in the United States with bank account I have bought ETH through Coinbase that I feel is pretty safe to keep in a wallet there.  But I'm looking for a place I can buy just about any of them.
rogerkoo

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:37:56 AM

Coinbase is the best option to buy bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies in the U.S. area.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:49:18 AM

I'm in the US as well, so I understand your pain.  I think you're asking how to get access to a wide range of coins and not just BTC, ETH, and LTC that Coinbase offers.  Right now, your only real way to do this is to purchase coin from Coinbase and then send it to your desired exchange.  Then use those to purchase the coin you really want.  Since most exchanges leverage BTC as the primary currency, it'd make sense to purchase BTC and then send it to the exchange.  As for exchanges, Bittrex is a good one, but others will comment on the many others that are out there.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Robdny (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:31:16 AM

I'm in the US as well, so I understand your pain.  I think you're asking how to get access to a wide range of coins and not just BTC, ETH, and LTC that Coinbase offers.  Right now, your only real way to do this is to purchase coin from Coinbase and then send it to your desired exchange.  Then use those to purchase the coin you really want.  Since most exchanges leverage BTC as the primary currency, it'd make sense to purchase BTC and then send it to the exchange.  As for exchanges, Bittrex is a good one, but others will comment on the many others that are out there.

Yes exactly what I was looking for. I will buy BTC and go about it that way. Does bittrex hold your wallet like coinbase?
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:31:56 AM

I'm in the United States with bank account I have bought ETH through Coinbase that I feel is pretty safe to keep in a wallet there.  But I'm looking for a place I can buy just about any of them.

Unfortunately, you cannot. If you already have a verified coinbase account with a bank account attached to it then i would really just recommend you buy bitcoin/ethereum first(i would recommend ethereum for small amounts, since transaction fees are somewhat lower), and then sell them on either bittrex or shapeshift.

Another option would be trading p2p, of course. But depending on the specific altcoin you are looking to buy there might be an issue finding sellers that would accept your fiat for it directly. There are certain exchanges that have fiat and altcoin pairs but usually your choices for altcoins are quite limited, and you'll have to go through bitcoin anyways.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:27:33 PM

Yes exactly what I was looking for. I will buy BTC and go about it that way. Does bittrex hold your wallet like coinbase?

Yes, all the exchanges will have 'wallets' to store the coins you purchase, but you'll get a strong reaction from the community about storing your coins on an exchange for an extended period of time.  I'd also consider Coinbase an exchange; so keep that in mind.

When you store your coin on an exchange, you're trusting that exchange to remain solvent and not disappear with your coin.  Crypto exchanges are not ensured and many of them are not regulated (which I prefer.)  The recent shutdown of BTC-e and the recent stability/communication problems from Poloniex definitely lends credence to that concern.  Just read this article for more info.  Bottom line; purchase BTC from Coinbase, move to an exchange to purchase the alt-coins you want, and if you plan to hold them, move them to an official wallet for ultimate security.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@fraenk/psa-don-t-leave-your-money-on-an-exchange-btc-e-is-offline-an-admin-is-suspected-to-have-been-arrested

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Robdny (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:24:50 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 10:11:59 AM by Robdny

I'm glad I'm taking it slow, I'm sorry if this sounds bad I'm not sure where and
How to find a paper wallet or do yo just store with whatever Côin you bought
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: