Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *New PCI-E Based ASIC miners 1.2th/s - 1.9th's +\- 10%*  (Read 41449 times)
ultrix

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:48:45 AM

Stupid people....

You know what else stupid people believe?  That you can fit 1.2th/s - 1.9th/s +\- 10% on a PCI-E Card.

Well one could fit 1.2th/s on a pcie card.  unfortunately using modern processes it would be a 20 slot card.  Grin
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eddyfitz

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:01:20 PM

somali pirates finally arrived to BTT  Grin
auto2nr1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:29:07 PM

Found some information on this guy. Would like any advice or ideas from the people that threw money at this guy as well as how i can go about taking some kind of action against him. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-----

Name: Jonathan M. Tibbetts
Aliases: Jon Tibbetts, Jonathan Tibbetts   

Possible Relatives

Gerald Tibbetts
Rebecca Tibbetts
Rebecca Tibbetts

-----

Jonathan Tibbetts

421 Spring Garden Dr.
jont@dare2imagine.com / 919-450-6225
Experience

jr. network Admin / Tech support in Technology - Information Systems

1996 ~ 1997   Intrex Internet   Durham, North Carolina
I was 15 when i started at Intrex Internet, where i Helped install t-1 lines and Dial-up converters, Started their Linux Shell Hosting, and Provided Tech support.
Jr. Linux Admin, Network Support, Help desk in Technology - Network Administration

1997 ~ 1999   NTRinternet   Durham, North Carolina, United States
I switched over to NTRinternet, because they were getting into DSL, so naturally i wanted to get in on the "Next Big Thing" As DSL was a huge improvement to Dial up.
Warehouse Tech in Manufacturing

2004 ~ 2005   Southern Seasons   Hillsborough, NC, United States
I assisted in the Maintence of Southern Seasons Main warehouse, which included counting items, delivering mass items to assembly line for Their gift Baskets.
Consultant in Technology - Network Administration

2005 ~ 2011   ProjectDigital   Durham, NC, United States
I started my own consulting firm for IT, and server / workstation contrsution as per constumers requests.  This included 1u - 4u Rack Servers, Desktop Servers, Individual Workstations, and Custom Order Desktops based on clients needs. 

Audio / Video creation, editing

Multi-screen Set-ups

3d motion graphics and Rendering Machines.

Skills

General Skills - Configuration Management   Advanced   
General Skills - Hardware   Advanced   
General Skills - Troubleshooting   Advanced   
General Skills - Help Desk/Tech Support   Expert   
General Skills - Data Mining/Warehousing   Intermediate   
General Skills - Other - General Skills   Advanced   
Operating Systems - X/Windows   Advanced   
Operating Systems - Linux   Advanced   
Operating Systems - Windows 2003 Server   Advanced   
Network Administration - LAN/WAN Administration   Advanced   
Network Administration - Firewalls   Advanced   
General Skills - Office Applications   Advanced   
Operating Systems - Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP   Expert   
References

Nathan Metcalf

JR. Network Engineer

919-602-3487

Bill Mcguire

Developer

727-460-7781

bmcguire@lofttechnology.com
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:01:48 PM

Found some information on this guy. Would like any advice or ideas from the people that threw money at this guy as well as how i can go about taking some kind of action against him. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Just go to the nearest police station in Durham, NC and file a complaint.
Or take him to a small claims court in Durham.

VPSguy83 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:03:49 PM

We have had technical and personal setbacks, Due to the pressure mounting on our backs from work, lives, and trying to make a better miner, its just gotten to much, to many people wanting to know every little detail every step of the way.  We will be continuing to work on this but have pretty much decided to go back to making better fpga miners.  All those who donated to this cause please email me with the btc adress you send from , and we will try and get you your bitcoins back in a timely manner.  Since we didnt reach the goal of 100 coins we were not able to take into account for a huge mess up.  So Like i said mail the btc address you sent btc from and we will try and get it back to you in a timely manner.  Like i said we will still be working on making miners but on our time line and our terms.

i thought i would just let those who donated to the cause we will try and pay back quickly..

auto2nr1

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:12:41 PM

Give me my money back. Sent you a e-mail and PM.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:51:26 PM

Just send the coins back to the addresses they were sent from.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:41:55 AM

We have had technical and personal setbacks, Due to the pressure mounting on our backs from work, lives, and trying to make a better miner, its just gotten to much, to many people wanting to know every little detail every step of the way.  We will be continuing to work on this but have pretty much decided to go back to making better fpga miners.  All those who donated to this cause please email me with the btc adress you send from , and we will try and get you your bitcoins back in a timely manner.  Since we didnt reach the goal of 100 coins we were not able to take into account for a huge mess up.  So Like i said mail the btc address you sent btc from and we will try and get it back to you in a timely manner.  Like i said we will still be working on making miners but on our time line and our terms.

i thought i would just let those who donated to the cause we will try and pay back quickly..

LoL

You have a list of transactions - just return them to original address.

That being said. Fail Scam only fails completely if fail scammer gives refunds  Grin

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:04:41 AM

We have had technical and personal setbacks, Due to the pressure mounting on our backs from work, lives, and trying to make a better miner, its just gotten to much, to many people wanting to know every little detail every step of the way.  We will be continuing to work on this but have pretty much decided to go back to making better fpga miners.  All those who donated to this cause please email me with the btc adress you send from , and we will try and get you your bitcoins back in a timely manner.  Since we didnt reach the goal of 100 coins we were not able to take into account for a huge mess up.  So Like i said mail the btc address you sent btc from and we will try and get it back to you in a timely manner.  Like i said we will still be working on making miners but on our time line and our terms.

LoL

That being said. Fail Scam only fails completely if fail scammer gives refunds  Grin

Perhaps, but Fail human beings fail completely if they do not give refunds.  

Besides, look at what's going on below (members stick up for each other).
Do they really want to go through all that?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229612.0

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:05:31 AM

LoL

That being said. Fail Scam only fails completely if fail scammer gives refunds  Grin

Just let him exit gracefully.  No need to rub it in.

revilo

Activity: 543

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:49:55 AM

Guys, Guys...

I have an autistic cousin (think Rainman) who will come to your house and calculate sha256 hashes in his head. All I ask is that you donate 5 BTC to him and 7 BTC to me for facilitating the deal (fair is fair). After all, I did spend $10,000  $30,000  $35,000  $640,000 raising him since birth.

He can calculate 60 Th/s in his head... 90 Th/s if you give him coffee. He can also do scrypt hashing but only at 400 Mh/s because he has to use his fingers.

Currently, he can only be in one place at a time due to the laws of physics... but we are working with VPSguy83 and his team to get around the laws of physics, as they have done with their PCIe ASIC. So being that he can only be hashing for one person at a time (and from 7:30-8:00 he watches Jeopardy!), this is a very limited opportunity. I will post pictures of my cousin as proof he exists next week  on the 1st  on the 3rd   June 6th   tomorrow  soon.

ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, OR YOU WILL BE KICKING YOURSELF*

I chose to post in this thread because I see that there are several people here who know a good opportunity when they see one.

If you are worried that this is a scam, my dad is a cop and vouches for me that it isn't and he can't lie about it or it's entrapment. I can't think of better proof than that.

*Provided you are flexible enough.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY (BUT DONATION NECESSARY.) Void where prohibited if unicorns are present. Donations do not guarantee anything, but rather get you the opportunity to spend more BTC, which will get your name put on a piece of paper and place into a hat. At some point in the future we will pick a name out of the hat and for 5 BTC more, the name will be placed onto a numbered list. A random number generator created by my uncle who wrote it in 5 seconds after watching Judge Judy will select a random number and whoever's name corresponds with that number gets put into the pool of people who may ultimately get to have my cousin over to hash for them. An additional 40 BTC/day per diem is required as well. Visit my website I tried to setup to review hardware but realized AMD is not going to just send me hardware for free so is sitting empty, or visit the company website me and my partners (plucked from Google, Microsoft, and Sesame Street) have yet to setup because we are learning how to use soldering irons and don't feel a website is necessary when you are a tech company asking people for money. Also check out my successful VPS company at [redacted]. All donations are non-refundable. Donations do not guarantee that you will be contacted... ever. If you post in this thread that my offer is legit and that I am not scamming anyone, I will give you a 10% discount. Void in Rhode Island.

This is fantastic!
Do you accept Western Union/Cash sent in the post?
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 07:03:09 AM

Yes and yes. I also accept girlscout cookies, old black and white televisions, narcotics, toasters, carpet samples, high-fives, Excel spreadsheets, and ASICs as payment. Also...

It's in my signature. I have OCD and decimal places bother me so please round any donations up to the nearest bitcoin.

Fair enough,

.0005 sent. I'd like 5 Shares of your cousins brain.

I never got the .0005, so deal with Bargraphics at your own risk. Maybe slap the ol' SCAMMER tag on him.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
icebear888

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:30:08 PM

Thanks Jon!

I have sent you a mail.

Thanks for doing the right thing.
tiros

Activity: 126

Just another miner

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:53:36 PM

I believe I can fly!
For pictures ask VPSguy83 to post them while I am holding his 1.2-1.9Th PCI-E card.

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
trigeek

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 12:13:30 AM

Thanks Jon!

I have sent you a mail.

Thanks for doing the right thing.

HA, wait until he actually does the right thing until you thank him.  Search for his wallet ID on blockchain.info, he's already spent your BTC. It's long gone.

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

icebear888

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 06:45:22 AM

Yip, I am still waiting...
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 01:31:51 PM

dejavu? btcfpga? modminerquadstore? (new name)

icebear888

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:06:41 PM

These are the days of our lives and so we learn..
auto2nr1

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:05:10 PM

1 week has passed and nothing yet. Has anyone else heard from Jon?
icebear888

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:09:46 PM

1 week has passed and nothing yet. Has anyone else heard from Jon?

Nope, nothing!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: