Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:38:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: Why does prices of new coins listed on exchanges rise 100%+ ?  (Read 623 times)
SaitamaX (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:25:16 AM

Hi all,
I have a question regarding new coins that are listed on exchanges rise 100%+ than their ICO prices. I have been watching the new coins once they get listed their prices rises instantly to a very high value. Why does this happen ? Does the demand increase as well ?
I understand supply and demand but once a new coin is listed on exchange after it completes ico, there should only be sellers. How come there are buyers at that point ?

I hope someone can explain this to me Smiley
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Learning2Fly

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:19:43 AM

People want to dump their coins they got from icos and people who missed ico want the coins.  This is why so many people rush into icos, is getting the coins cheap.  Almost always the price comes down within a day or two.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 05:35:03 AM

It's like a great huge advertising company. And like proof of importance if someone able to add their coin to exchange. Also, means that it have
sufficiently large interest of people and and volume to be added to exchange.

RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:11:12 AM

this doesn't always happen.

but most of them times when a new coin is added to an exchange, in the first round as long as nobody yet knows it they pump the coin up so the prices rise up. but usually what happens after this first round is a big dump because it was listed somewhere and people can sell it now.

although if a big exchange adds something that was on other exchanges before (like poloniex adding a coin from cryptopia) then it will rise because it is hyped up for no reason and that is a pump.

Buying the dip...
SaitamaX (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:08:32 PM

Thank you very much for explaining Smiley

I had one more question, how do you even tell that how much those coins will rise.
I suppose if people are buying at start will make good amounts of profit ?
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:02:10 PM

There are coins falling in half as soon as they get on the stock exchange. This suggests that the sellers are more buyers. But there are those that immediately makes X5. It depends on the exchange on which it trades and how much this coin collected during the ICO. If it's Polonix, it's a dump that will be decent, and if it's a small exchange, then the jump may not be great. sorry for my English
SaitamaX (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:08:07 PM

There are coins falling in half as soon as they get on the stock exchange. This suggests that the sellers are more buyers. But there are those that immediately makes X5. It depends on the exchange on which it trades and how much this coin collected during the ICO. If it's Polonix, it's a dump that will be decent, and if it's a small exchange, then the jump may not be great. sorry for my English
Why do you say that if it's a Polonix, it's a dump ?

And thanks for your response Smiley
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:15:35 PM

Adding your coin to more and more exchanges means increasing demand for your coin (especially if exchanges are big). More demand > more buy power. More buy power > prices increase.
However, there are a lot of people willing to speculate on such news (coin will be added to some big exchange) and they start to buy this coin on available exchanges before it will be added to a new one. This also increases the price of a coin. Most likely they will dump this coin just before it will be launched on new exchange and price will drop again.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:44:35 PM

Thank you very much for explaining Smiley

I had one more question, how do you even tell that how much those coins will rise.
I suppose if people are buying at start will make good amounts of profit ?

It's simply a case of demand and supply, often ICOs sell out within a matter of minutes due to the very high demand for the coins. When they are then listed on the exchange there is an excess of demand over supply and thus the price rises. With regard to how you can know by how much the coins will rise it is nye on impossible to be exact. Generally the more popular the ICO the more chance there will be that the coin will do 100% or more.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: