Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:46:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for the hidden gem. Let's share ideas  (Read 1167 times)
marcdk (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:04:45 AM

Hey guys.

I've been searching for hours to find a new project to throw another $1500 in.

My portfolio right now consists of mainly ARK, and a few other shitcoins not worth mentioning here, haha!
Anyway, I REALLY like Arks DPOS system, mainly because I don't have to have my computer running 24/7 to stake my coins.

I'm looking for a coin that has good fundementals, great roadmap, and a way to get passive income, without leaving my computer on. (So no traditional POS).

As far as I know the coins which DPOS is: ARK, LISK, RISE, NAV. I don't know any other coin, so if any of you guys know. Please enlighten me Smiley

It's extremely hard to figure out what I should invest in next. Hope some of you can help out.. Even though I know most of you guys will suggest coins you already hold.

Thanks for any help here..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uraharasan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:18:06 AM

Hey guys.

My portfolio right now consists of mainly ARK, and a few other shitcoins not worth mentioning here, haha!
Anyway, I REALLY like Arks DPOS system, mainly because I don't have to have my computer running 24/7 to stake my coins.

I'm looking for a coin that has good fundementals, great roadmap, and a way to get passive income, without leaving my computer on. (So no traditional POS).

As far as I know the coins which DPOS is: ARK, LISK, RISE, NAV. I don't know any other coin, so if any of you guys know. Please enlighten me Smiley

It's extremely hard to figure out what I should invest in next. Hope some of you can help out.. Even though I know most of you guys will suggest coins you already hold.

SHIFT https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155284.0
I've read that Bitshare also DPOS, I've also read Steem is DPOS but I'm not sure.
you should find out more information in their thread.
elegant_joylin

Activity: 826
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 06:28:07 AM

Well I'm looking at OMG, Minexcoin (not yet listed), bitconnect, MGO, Bancor
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:23:20 AM

Hey guys.

How much money are you wanting to make and by when? If you want to make a bunch of money then you should look into coins that are receiving a large amount of traction within social media.

So far, i would choose only the coins that have a little bit of value on it and has the potential to go up in value within a short amount of time. Ark is a nice coin to have and another coin that would be a nice coin to have would be Litecoin because that coin often moves relative to Bitcoin when the price of Bitcoin moves.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptoPro3

Activity: 182

Money loves speed

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:50:47 AM

SHIFT on Bittrex - thank me later.

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:51:48 AM

Not dpos as I know but pascal is still half-hidden coin inside bad coins list. It has potential to leave those coins to be added in top coins list but I don't know how or when. I only know its devs are good.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
greyworld

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:04:39 AM

First thing you should do is stop thinking of these coins as stocks.  They're not stocks, they're not backed by any intrinsic value at all, it's entirely based on how much someone is willing to pay for them.

So I can say 'Syscoin is highly undervalued and an excellent long term pick', and that's an accurate statement, but if the volume of the coin is low, then the trading action is low and you'll be waiting a long time for it to make a move, and they'll be fairly smallish moves.  But a dead coin that appears to be abandoned by it's developers like Rise is all over the place today in the markets, entirely because of whales / traders and bots.  They push the price down, pump it up, draw people into purchasing and then sell in bulk to drive the price down so they can get those people to sell at a loss.  What the coin actually does?  Doesn't matter.  Timing and patience are key.  They don't just pump up one coin over and over again, they keep moving from one dead shitcoin to the next, usually on a 2 week to 1 month rotation.  They pump it up for a day, then they leave some bots on it to drive the price down for two weeks, until impatient buyers eventually sell at a loss.

In a lot of ways, you can just pick one at random with any sort of recent activity on it, buy it, hold it, set an automatic sell on it for 150-200% and if you wait long enough, it'll probably catch.  When they get pumped, they go way, way up.

Things to watch for on a coin:  Go to the exchange and review the order list.  Is there someone with a ridiculous giant lot of the coins for sale for 1 sat more than the best offer?  Or anything roughly like that?  That coin is being pushed down.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it, just that you'll have to hold onto it, and take losses, for a long time before it pops.  If you wait longer to buy it, you can get it cheaper... but you won't see the pump coming because it usually happens very fast.  When someone is actively pushing a coin value down you can be pretty sure they'll be pumping it up later.

A pump looks different on the chart than organic growth, so practice identifying the two.  Pumps go straight up, fast and down again just as fast.  Normal growth takes a while and looks more like gently rolling hills most of the time.  Don't buy coins that have just recently pumped.  The price increase will gradually diminish.   Don't buy coins that are just a downward slope for the last six months.  That's a dead coin.  Don't buy pump coins expecting a long term investment out of them, and don't buy long term coins expecting a pump out of them.  It could happen but it's less likely than just aiming for the right type of coin.

Never buy unless the price is under the Exponential Moving Average by a lot.  When it gets over that average, think about selling because soon it will return to that average price and you can either make money or lose money during it's journey.  Sell high, wait for it to drop, buy it back.

If you catch a pump, don't get too greedy with it.  The moment it lets off and the price starts to stabilize, sell off at least half of the coin, and know that the price may crater any second.  But there's a good chance it won't go down as low as it started, and it will pump again afterwords to new heights.  So that's when you sell the second half, or part of it and repeat until you've liquidated.  Don't just sit on the coin and wait for it to make you rich, once it stops moving, take action.

All that said, I would recommend SYS or ARK right now and since you already have ARK, SYS it is.  SPHR is another lesser traded one I've had good luck with, and BAT too.  These are all long term holds.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
krizniq

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:06:36 AM

OMG ADX XBY, kind of looking to SHIFT but really not yet sure about them.

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:15:54 AM

Hey guys.

If you are looking for a real gem, then do not just go to the exchanges. The coins there are not hidden gems anymore. They are already well-known and are in fact traded. You are mentioning some coins that are not hidden anymore although Rise, which is considered old already as it is more than 1 year old, surprised everyone with a 200% plus rise. If you want a hidden gem, try to search about Dent. Decide for your own of course but try to update yourself about it and perhaps you will agree with me.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:50:42 AM

well i see NXT slept on ground level with strong support so i think its best to grab hold some than regret
when it pump it might be another ATH
lets wait and see while having some in our portfolio..

comp

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:53:26 AM

Just look down after the next toilet visit. There will be a shiny brown gem right there. Probably worth investing in more than all this altcoin and smartcontract crap together.
michaeljwiltshire

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:15:48 AM

Good idea. Check out Electroneum
operater

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:41:02 PM

Hey guys.

Try archain.org pre-sale price is great, 55M hard cap and current token price is 0.09cents

Rock solid team and project. Tell me what you think
operater

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:47:27 PM

SHIFT on Bittrex - thank me later.

It's already up, can you elaborate?
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 12:56:45 PM

Look at Zcoin.

You will find a lot of information on the blog.

https://zcoin.io/blog/

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:16:31 PM

realto XLR, Pillar , PPT buy and hold

vlad06

Activity: 537

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:37:41 PM

Mine has always been POSW. Still at $0.05.
AbsoluteT

Activity: 512

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:49:37 PM

Masternode coin free air drop here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2056867.0

and is trading on https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=MTNC_BTC and novaexchnage
Moon_Man

Activity: 106

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:30:00 PM

look into monero (XMR)
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:36:00 PM

All of your coins already popped off. If you are looking for "ultra high gain" coins, you should look for something with a strong and plausible product that still hasn't pumped. SONM is one hidden gem that probably can't be topped in terms of risk/reward (low risk, high reward).

Onions are also currently dropping very low due to blacklisted dumpers and FUD, so that could show some remarkable returns as well, but with more speculative risk than SONM (with higher potential gains in the short-term though).

Waves haven't really pumped yet either, even though there's been a lot of buzzing with Burger King and whatnot. Maybe it's because of the terrible DEX? If they upgrade their DEX the coin could moon though.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: