Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many alt cryptocurrencies have been scams, pump-and-dump and are abandoned?  (Read 1746 times)
No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:48:07 AM

From what I have been reading on the forums some alternative cryptocurrencies have been designed purely to provide the early adopters or those pre-mining in secret with a high number of coins to facilitate pump-and-dump like selling.

Which alternative cryptocurrencies have had these characteristics?

What other approaches have been used by alternative cryptocurrency developers to facilitate pump-and-dump like mechanisms or other ways of making money fast?

Which alternative cryptocurrencies have been abandoned after pumping-and-dumping or similar activities?

What evidence is there to prove any of these?

Conversely it would seem the alternative cryptocurrencies with good development teams seem to live long and prosper. There are a few out there I have a lot of respect for.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:49:20 AM

All. Even bitcoin. The price has just not dropped yet ...
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:58:23 AM

I think it's when after a few pages into the coin's thread, you come to realize whether these guys know what they're talking about or not
No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:50:07 AM

Does anyone know what happened to chinacoin? Did it have a massive reward for the first set of blocks and then drop off sharply thereafter?
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:02:20 AM

Does anyone know what happened to chinacoin? Did it have a massive reward for the first set of blocks and then drop off sharply thereafter?

network hash dropped off severely, it's 40-50 days or something until difficulty change at current rate
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:02:54 AM

From what I have been reading on the forums some alternative cryptocurrencies have been designed purely to provide the early adopters or those pre-mining in secret with a high number of coins to facilitate pump-and-dump like selling.

Which alternative cryptocurrencies have had these characteristics?

What other approaches have been used by alternative cryptocurrency developers to facilitate pump-and-dump like mechanisms or other ways of making money fast?

Which alternative cryptocurrencies have been abandoned after pumping-and-dumping or similar activities?

What evidence is there to prove any of these?

Conversely it would seem the alternative cryptocurrencies with good development teams seem to live long and prosper. There are a few out there I have a lot of respect for.

don't want to harp - (because i don't have to ) - and this forum is ultimately a very small market..

but

nibble NBL was not a pre mine or an instamine - that is why i started to support it , and that's why it is going to be successful .

Litecoin's 1st 12,096 blocks produced 604,800 LTC - though GPU mining wasn't released to the general public (but that's not it wasn't used)
Feathercoin's 1st 12,096 blocks produced 2,419,200 FTC  <<<<< WTF ?
Nibble's 1st 12,096 blocks will produce 127,054 NBL  (of which the Dev holds about 3k present )

is it's symbol

and my advice is to mine it now or buy it now, but that's just my advice.  I have been wrong before - but not that often on this stuff.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: