Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:39:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does an ICO team even matter?  (Read 664 times)
compmaster (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:10:47 AM

I've always wondered if the ICO team even matters. If an ICO raises funds, could they not just hire a qualified team? I've been around since before people would assign their names to a project so maybe I'm not giving an ICO team the respect they deserve.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:34:43 AM

I've always wondered if the ICO team even matters. If an ICO raises funds, could they not just hire a qualified team? I've been around since before people would assign their names to a project so maybe I'm not giving an ICO team the respect they deserve.

I think so, mate. There are people that are already known in the crypto world to be a great dev. or has been ringing bells in the community as someone who is successful and really brilliant. Some others are also infamous for being behind some scam or dubious projects. So the team really has a factor. No problem after ICO and if the ICO has already been successful. But I doubt it would end up succeeding if the people are not at all credible.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:42:47 AM

I've always wondered if the ICO team even matters.

Yes it does matter, experience, trust and background for running an ICO, management and development.

If an ICO raises funds, could they not just hire a qualified team?

The team itself will manage it and it's up to them if they'll hire new members.

I've been around since before people would assign their names to a project so maybe I'm not giving an ICO team the respect they deserve.

Only to those ICO's that doesn't want to contribute in the crypto economy.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:45:52 AM

A lot of ICO teams start out different from the way they end up eventually. This is normal anyway. Most devs, even if you have a real name and face attached, you never know if they are for sure part of the team. Some ICOs reserve funds for team, others recruit after have capital. You have big names and people behind ICOs like EOS. But does it matter? Who knows.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
neowne

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:48:08 AM

well your team represents your project. and as better your team as more investors will come to fund your project.
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:53:55 AM

Of course ICO team matter! Maybe it is the most single important thing which determine ICO's success. The team has not to be necessary formed by experienced members though. Even if they are young people they can still achieve huge success. For example 0x project has been quite successful regardless the team is formed by young members. In my opinion the most important things about members is that they believe in the project, express their considerations in a clear and understandable way, answer to all the community questions and know their job. Even if they are young and have no previous experience in raising funds, they can still have success if they have all the above mentioned qualities...

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:11:48 AM

i really advice that its one thing to consider along with the team transparency.
lets admit scam is everywhere and trust is the issue here,
when investors recognizes good members in the team its a plus factor for them to get in.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:50:18 AM

it depends on how much money they want to raise!
usually it doesn't matter at all, you may as well be alone and anonymous and take the money and run Wink
but at some point when you want to ask for more money, you have to put a little bit more effort in too! a bigger team, maybe throw in some big names even fake. it is all publicity stunts to attract more investors.

so far none of the old ICOs have done anything useful with the money the have gotten. and that shows people don't care about where each of these go as long as they make profit.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
phoenixdowndee

Activity: 1036
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:50:41 AM

The team is very important due to the fact that they created the concept in the first place. I do agree you can add to a team to make it stronger, but wouldn't it be a better investment if they already had a great team? Also can't really change the founders of the company without ripping the heart out of the idea....

nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:01:57 AM

Of course. it's because not everyone is working in the same field, so they have to find a Team who works in what field the project will run. because it is very difficult to find a professional team in a particular field. so I guess the ICO team also plays a very big role.

Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:06:59 AM

The team is the first thing I look at, credentials always matters in building trust. They created the idea of the project and planned the whole ICO. They represent the project so of course they matter.
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:57:00 AM

of course ico team is very important, because a project will not be successful without a good team and great, especially if the team has been a previous project and has been successful, then the investors will be more interested

heppot

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:00:37 PM

of course ico team is very important, because a project will not be successful without a good team and great, especially if the team has been a previous project and has been successful, then the investors will be more interested
agree..how if some of the team in it is a top in the business such as mark zuckerberg or even billgates made some ico project. then definitely ico it will be very influential and many people will join and invest.
Cheburekus

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:37:33 PM

I believe that ICO team one of the keys to success. If a team consists of professionals, then the probability to advance a project increases. Thus, the chance to get the profit from participating in ICO increase too
SimontheRavager

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:53:01 PM

An ICO team is in fact key. Why shouldn´t it be? These are the guys and women who made the whitepaper and had the idea. So in that case they should be capable to setup their idea in real or hire people who know whats to do ^^

But i can only speak for my self. My core team for our upcoming ICO is so awesome. These people made all the difference in building a great project. If you are not behind it and know whats it about and what it shall become, you should better leave it and stay in your mommy´s garage. haha
tanghere02

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:58:18 PM

Yes I really think an ICO team matter especially now, I think it also determines the succession of the project as well because it needs a group of people who really are determined to work on the project. And yes they are the key to the success of the project as well so it really does matter to most.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:23:20 PM

it matters but not by a lot. the project itself is more important in my opinion. and besides how would you even know the team? it is impossible to know every single developer out there and mostly these devs are new. if they weren't new then they were already be working on some other altcoin they created years ago!

but all these will only improve the odds of your success, they never guarantee it. you may think you have found a good team but either get scammed by them or lose money because their thing fails.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
SimontheRavager

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:15:19 AM

But i have another question regarding the core team. Is there any importance that the core team members make their real names and a photo of them public? or is it the same to stay anonymous? Because names and photos can also be fake. I am not sure if there is any need of that. On the other side it looks more respectabel to give your real name and a photo.

What do you think of that?
francism

Activity: 444

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:01:10 AM

But i have another question regarding the core team. Is there any importance that the core team members make their real names and a photo of them public? or is it the same to stay anonymous? Because names and photos can also be fake. I am not sure if there is any need of that. On the other side it looks more respectabel to give your real name and a photo.

What do you think of that?

Revealing the core team true identity to the general public adds more trust in the ICO. Investors will feel more confident to put their hard earned money in a very reliable and efficient project.
europesss

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:21:12 AM

The developers behind an ICO do matters. Good developers lead successful projects. If you want to have a nice return from you invest , better choose a better dev team.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: