Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A4+ Coming soon - Pre-order  (Read 8578 times)
jmirv

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:19:32 AM

It's been a week since anyone has posted anything here...did more people receive their units? Rocketdata? How are they performing?

Their website currently states you can preorder for December 18 to 28 batch

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sqnkee

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:34:50 AM

It's been a week since anyone has posted anything here...did more people receive their units? Rocketdata? How are they performing?

After mess with A5's Innosilicon is not to much popular Wink
needed357

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:09:56 PM

batch time still this year...

when did you pre odered and when you get your miner? or still waiting?

kb8679

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:47:42 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 08:08:05 PM by kb8679

I've been running my for more than a week now. I haven't had the need to do any manual maintenance during this time (which is extremely good since they are located ~1h car drive away from my home...). I am going there today however to do some tweaking to the cabinet and installing a IP cam. Someone asked for some photos of the units, I'm gonna take some today.

About the performance;

When you're mining just a single coin (with fixed difficulty rate of 128000) they deliver almost exacly the promised hashrates. And they don't require any sort of maintenance. Haven't had to manually reboot (manually = remotely via web interface) or anything, they just work, day after day.

Then there are the multicoin pools. Apparently these units don't like that or the variable difficulty that much. They do deliver great hashrates but sometimes some of the asic cluster go to "Dead" status which is a problem that apparently can only be resolved by manually rebooting the machine (not sure though). VERY annoying. And the provided documentation is a joke. It gets you started but that's it. I'd love to see some explanation for the status page on web interface (fe. what is "HW", I know it's some sort of error indicator but ...).

Also about the appearance; I looked up some pictures of L3+ and for a bit of my surprise, ít looks almost 100% identical to the A4+. Also the web interface is almost 1:1 match.  Shocked

EDIT: A close up of one unit (they are secured in place, it's nearly impossible to take picture of the whole tube due to how they are installed): https://i.imgur.com/HXPwHIr.jpg
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:31:41 PM

I've been running my for more than a week now. I haven't had the need to do any manual maintenance during this time (which is extremely good since they are located ~1h car drive away from my home...). I am going there today however to do some tweaking to the cabinet and installing a IP cam. Someone asked for some photos of the units, I'm gonna take some today.

About the performance;

When you're mining just a single coin (with fixed difficulty rate of 128000) they deliver almost exacly the promised hashrates. And they don't require any sort of maintenance. Haven't had to manually reboot (manually = remotely via web interface) or anything, they just work, day after day.

Then there are the multicoin pools. Apparently these units don't like that or the variable difficulty that much. They do deliver great hashrates but sometimes some of the asic cluster go to "Dead" status which is a problem that apparently can only be resolved by manually rebooting the machine (not sure though). VERY annoying. And the provided documentation is a joke. It gets you started but that's it. I'd love to see some explanation for the status page on web interface (fe. what is "HW", I know it's some sort of error indicator but ...).

Also about the appearance; I looked up some pictures of L3+ and for a bit of my surprise, ít looks almost 100% identical to the A4+. Also the web interface is almost 1:1 match.  Shocked

this is what I was afraid to hear, I purchased my A4's and spent almost 5 months dealing with issues from them before Inno fixed. I was looking at ordering an a4+ today but I guess I'm going to wait longer.

It's a shame it takes them so long to get the bugs worked out, once they are worked out, they are great units.
Roketdata

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:34:18 PM

We are still waiting to receive our A4+, they have been shipping for 2 weeks, at least that's what innosilicon says.
ica7000

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:19:04 PM

Mine was delivered to someone in Brussels.  Marianne is probably a very lovely person but I don't know of her. 

When I informed innosilicon about the tracking number seemed to be either the wrong one or a mistaken address, the reply was that I "quickly inform" them if something is going wrong with the shipment. 

I immediately sent them another email "quickly informing" them that my package was not in the United States but being sent to Belgium. 

Jeez. 

nastyrunner

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:23:10 AM

Hi, I am planning on getting the Innosilicon A4+. I was thinking of using a USB Dongle in the router to connect to the miner. I have a 3 GB plan. Would that much be enough for the entire month? Does it require more data than that?
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:28:16 AM

Hi, I am planning on getting the Innosilicon A4+. I was thinking of using a USB Dongle in the router to connect to the miner. I have a 3 GB plan. Would that much be enough for the entire month? Does it require more data than that?

mining usually does not take much bandwidth, but how many miners are you planning to run?

Also, buying from Innosilicon is a very long process... Don't trust what they tell you about delivery dates...They will always delay your delivery without any reason... If you are looking for scrypt miner, there is Bitmain L3+
nastyrunner

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:52:22 AM

mining usually does not take much bandwidth, but how many miners are you planning to run?

Also, buying from Innosilicon is a very long process... Don't trust what they tell you about delivery dates...They will always delay your delivery without any reason... If you are looking for scrypt miner, there is Bitmain L3+

Actually I am planning to start with 1 Miner only, and then increase to 2 once i receive 50% of my investment back. So a 3GB data bundle should be good for the month yeah?

I actually bought it at a premium from China, so should be receiving mine before 26th December 2017.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 12:11:46 PM

I have tried a 3G connection via usb dongle connected to a router.

The connection was not stable enough, it cut off from time to time.

I don't recommend using that as a internet connection for mining hardware.

caxibrema

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

Bitrated user: caxibrema.

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:17:44 PM

How do you guys buy those units from http://www.innosilicon.com since they require buying 10 units at once?

kb8679

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:36:47 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 09:39:30 PM by kb8679

Holy shit.  Shocked
Apparently things can go VERY wrong with these units.

So yeah, one of my miners became almost completely dead. Web interface responded but never updated, nor did the miner actually ever started.
My issue was corrupted .pyc-files inside the control box. So basically none of the numerous python scripts worked and it appears that the whole thing is run by python... along with busybox, ccminer and some web server.... Great!
This will cause the "Error: ValueError: Bad marshal data" -messages while running the .py -scripts.

Well luckily I did come up with workaround but jeez. This will also help with people who have forgotten/lost/whatever their passwords for the boxes.

I'd imagine this works the same with A5 with similar problem.

For the corrupted .pyc files (web interface responses but never gives out any data & no mining happens):

1) telnet to miner IP at port 8100
2) login: root
3) password: innot1t2
4) rm -rf /lib/python3.4/__pycache__/*.pyc
5) reboot

If you need to adjust your super secure password (works the same as A5); login like before but head to /home/www/conf and edit the 'password' file with 'vi'. Vi can be a pain to use for the first time but basically since it's just one line you need to edit... press 'i' and edit in the password you want (default being 12345678). Press esc. Type ':wq!' and hit enter...

Hope this saves someones day. My evening was ruined since I initally thought that the miner is actually dead...

PS.
No need to worry deleting the .pyc files, they are automatically recompiled back in place once you reboot and the various scripts are automatically run.
kb8679

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:47:51 PM

I have my rig running behind 4G/LTE connection. I have very good connection quality at the site and no real option for wired connection (sth like xDSL). The router is ZyXEL LTE3301 with latest firmware. I have a raspbi with relay card just probing the connection and if a connection loss is found, it will hard boot the router. After 2 weeks of non-stop running the raspbi-router-reboot-solution hasn't had to kick in once. So, I'd deem the 4G/LTE a viable option if you have reliable-enough router (and you have something like my rasbpi-router-reboot-thingie to back things up) & of course decent connection quality.

Connection speed has never been an issue (I'm getting around 20Mbps down AND up with relatively low latencies). I'm also routing IP camera feed through the same connection without problems.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:04:14 PM

Holy shit.  Shocked

So yeah, one of my miners became almost completely dead. Web interface responded but never updated, nor did the miner actually ever started.
My issue was corrupted .pyc-files inside the control box. So basically none of the numerous python scripts worked and it appears that the whole thing is run by python... along with busybox, ccminer and some web server.... Great!
This will cause the "Error: ValueError: Bad marshal data" -messages while running the .py -scripts.

Well luckily I did come up with workaround but jeez. This will also help with people who have forgotten/lost/whatever their passwords for the boxes.

For the corrupted .pyc files (web interface responses but never gives out any data & no mining happens):

5) reboot

If you need to adjust your super secure password (works the same as A5); login like before but head to /home/www/conf and edit the 'password' file with 'vi'. Vi can be a pain to use for the first time but basically since it's just one line you need to edit... press 'i' and edit in the password you want (default being 12345678). Press esc. Type ':wq!' and hit enter...

Hope this saves someones day. My evening was ruined since I initally thought that the miner is actually dead...

PS.
No need to worry deleting the .pyc files, they are automatically recompiled back in place once you reboot and the various scripts are automatically run.

this sounds similar to issues I was having when I got my A4 -- eventually this issue was fixed with a software update. Thanks for the Tip on this one. Hopefully it will be worked out when I finally decide to purchase an A4+

kb8679

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:14:48 PM

this sounds similar to issues I was having when I got my A4 -- eventually this issue was fixed with a software update. Thanks for the Tip on this one. Hopefully it will be worked out when I finally decide to purchase an A4+

I have reported all my found issues to "miner_support@innosilicon.com.cn" and I suggest everyone with Innosilicon stuff do the same. No matter how small the issue may seem.

Report them all...

The "If you lose your PW we are gonna charge you for that." aka "If something goes wrong, you have no access to the device you actually own" was quite enough to not feel bad to reveal (already Googleable) root password and the telnet (srsly?) port. Smiley
kb8679

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:37:17 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 05:03:15 PM by kb8679

Aw shit. Innosilicon has changed the password in their latest FW update (build date Thu Dec 21 17:56:17 CST 2017).

I have asked for the new one but I'm afraid I can't share it here anymore. Ask Inno for the PW if required. If they don't provide it, I'm going to brute-force the new one (and hell yeah, that one will be shared).

Holy shit.  Shocked

5) reboot

PS.

EDIT: While they did do the assshole-trick and change the password, the new FW seems to work WAY better than previous ones. I can actually now use multicoin-pools without miners reporting "HW" errors constantly. I'll update this after a day or so but it seems like some of the more annoying bugs really were fixed.
caxibrema

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

Bitrated user: caxibrema.

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:33:47 PM

If anyone made some bulk order and is willing to sell couple to me using a escrow like bitrated let me know.
nastyrunner

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:08:53 PM

I have my rig running behind 4G/LTE connection. I have very good connection quality at the site and no real option for wired connection (sth like xDSL). The router is ZyXEL LTE3301 with latest firmware. I have a raspbi with relay card just probing the connection and if a connection loss is found, it will hard boot the router. After 2 weeks of non-stop running the raspbi-router-reboot-solution hasn't had to kick in once. So, I'd deem the 4G/LTE a viable option if you have reliable-enough router (and you have something like my rasbpi-router-reboot-thingie to back things up) & of course decent connection quality.

Connection speed has never been an issue (I'm getting around 20Mbps down AND up with relatively low latencies). I'm also routing IP camera feed through the same connection without problems.

That sounds really good. I don't have much of technical know how, is it possible, via DM, you could help me out a bit! As in approximately the cost, exactly what would be the steps! I would like to thank you in advance, and would really appreciate if you can help me out with this!
kb8679

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:26:26 PM

That sounds really good. I don't have much of technical know how, is it possible, via DM, you could help me out a bit! As in approximately the cost, exactly what would be the steps! I would like to thank you in advance, and would really appreciate if you can help me out with this!

Sure, I'm actually thinking of writing a manual on how to build such a thing since I believe it could be used for a loots of different purposes. Nearly all routers require the reboot at some point.. I think there are other solutions too but I'l DM you about the project to get you started.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: