Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:02:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A4+ Coming soon - Pre-order  (Read 8576 times)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:24:29 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2017, 02:24:36 PM by Longsnowsm

I will fill in the details later today on the A4+ Scrypt miner that is coming.  Pre-order is available now.  I believe the delivery is Oct-Nov 2017.  I will share what we know so far shortly.  Please stand by.

Current lab machine:
A4+
520mhs
700-750w
Appears to be roughly same dimensions at existing A4.

https://youtu.be/W9z-haTm7nY

Current pre-order customers for the existing A4 will be given the option to upgrade the order to the A4+ if the customer is willing to pay the price difference between the A4 and A4+.

The price per mega hash is the same for the preorder.  Batches after the pre-order will likely see a price increase for the A4+ due to higher costs of the unit.  

I will detail this out more today as I have time just so everyone understands the cost difference.

Questions about the exchange rate on the web site for ordering has been brought up and hopefully that will be corrected to reflect a more current price in LTC and BTC.  I will keep you posted.

You can pre-order the A4 now and will get the option to upgrade.  The current MOQ for the A4 order is 3 units.  I am told that if we get enough interest in a group buy the MOQ will be 5 units.  I am asking for details now.

More to come later...
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 01:29:05 PM

So if for the A4 the price per unit is 1050 USD for 280 Mh/s, it means that the price per megahash is 3.75 USD.

The price for the A4+ would then equal 520 * 3.75 USD = 1950 USD

Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:40:14 PM

I'm interesting in 1, maybe 2.
Regthaman88

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:49:10 PM

Ill take 3, when do they go up for preorder?
bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:51:49 PM

Interested in 4 units, thanks!
sevenmiles

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:52:23 PM

some questions around the pre-order

"Current pre-order customers for the existing A4 will be given the option to upgrade the order to the A4+ if the customer is willing to pay the price difference between the A4 and A4+."
so this means if we pre-order NOW, we will have the option to upgrade to A4+?
How about the last batch pre-order, the Sept-Oct batch, which is not delivered yet? Just want know the upgrade is an option for this batch? and any impact on shipping time...

Just emailed them, waiting for response.

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:55:15 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 02:41:11 PM by Longsnowsm

So if for the A4 the price per unit is 1050 USD for 280 Mh/s, it means that the price per megahash is 3.75 USD.

Actually I think the $1050 is the 70% down amount with 30% still due when ready to ship.  So I think the price for the A4 is around $1500ish a unit in USD + shipping.

So that is closer to 5.56 per MH in USD I think if my math is right.

They have stated in the email that they think the MHS could be as much as 20% higher than the lab machine which already performs at 520mhs, but they don't know for sure yet what the final figure will be as the hardware is still being tweaked.

So at that price you would be looking at around $2888 per unit at the 520mhs rate... These are all rough numbers of course and will change with the final unit hash rate.

UPDATE: I updated the numbers above as my assumed price was wrong.  Starting price for a A4 is $1500.  Numbers recalculated based on that.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:56:21 PM

some questions around the pre-order

"Current pre-order customers for the existing A4 will be given the option to upgrade the order to the A4+ if the customer is willing to pay the price difference between the A4 and A4+."
so this means if we pre-order NOW, we will have the option to upgrade to A4+?
How about the last batch pre-order, the Sept-Oct batch, which is not delivered yet? Just want know the upgrade is an option for this batch? and any impact on shipping time...

Just emailed them, waiting for response.

It is the same pre-order.  So you will be getting the option to upgrade to the A4+.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:01:50 PM

Actually I think the $1050 is the 70% down amount with 30% still due when ready to ship.  So I think the price for the A4 is around $1365ish a unit in USD + shipping.

So that is closer to 5.05 per MH in USD I think if my math is right.

They have stated in the email that they think the MHS could be as much as 20% higher than the lab machine which already performs at 520mhs, but they don't know for sure yet what the final figure will be as the hardware is still being tweaked.

So at that price you would be looking at around $2626 per unit at the 520mhs rate... These are all rough numbers of course and will change with the final unit hash rate.

Well that would be a complicated way to present the total price per unit  Cheesy

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:12:17 PM

Actually I think the $1050 is the 70% down amount with 30% still due when ready to ship.  So I think the price for the A4 is around $1365ish a unit in USD + shipping.

So that is closer to 5.05 per MH in USD I think if my math is right.

So at that price you would be looking at around $2626 per unit at the 520mhs rate... These are all rough numbers of course and will change with the final unit hash rate.

Well that would be a complicated way to present the total price per unit  Cheesy

Yes, the 70% down is the current setup for the pre-order.  They said if you want to order today on the current A4 order page you can.  We just have to keep in mind that the pricing there reflects the A4 and not what you will pay for the A4+.  So the balance due will be substantially larger if you choose to go with the A4+.  So these won't be "cheap" units for sure. 

I am asking about the group buy details now.  Hopefully we can get a break as part of a group buy that might help a little.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:15:43 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 03:03:39 PM by Eyedol-X

I'm interested in 1 unit 2 tubes, depending on the price.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:32:46 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 06:12:40 PM by Mattthev

I'm interested. Depends on price and MOQ then.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
mantor84

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:35:11 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but Innosilicon seems to be not the strongest competitor for Bitmain.
So far I know they had already a bad delivery history and still charging a high price compared with Bitmain.
My brain can not understand this ...

Bitmain L3+   vs    Innosilicon A4+
504MH/s                  ~520MH/s
800W                       ~750W
1870$                      ~ 2600$

Delivery time will be mostly the same or even later (Innosilicon bad delivery history).
Don't know why anyone should buy from Innosilicon even Bitmain was a bit too expensive for the last Batch.
I wanted to buy some but I thought Bitmain would sell the L3+ under 1500$ so I passed this time.

Am I missing something what makes the Innosilicon A4+ more interessting than Bitmains L3+?
If they are able to send their miner till mid/end of September it would be a advantage but I don't believe it.

"will we achive a huge Group Buy Discount Undecided"

If Innosilicon want to get more attention they shall start to sell their equipment way cheaper and proof they can deliver itheir miners in time with the same performance they sold it.

1400$ for the new A4+ would be a statement against Bitmain and could bring Innosilicon back to the road.

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:42:16 PM

Actually I think the $1050 is the 70% down amount with 30% still due when ready to ship.  So I think the price for the A4 is around $1500ish a unit in USD + shipping.

So that is closer to 5.56 per MH in USD I think if my math is right.

So at that price you would be looking at around $2888 per unit at the 520mhs rate... These are all rough numbers of course and will change with the final unit hash rate.

UPDATE: I updated the numbers above as my assumed price was wrong.  Starting price for a A4 is $1500.  Numbers recalculated based on that.

I updated my numbers.  I found the price for the A4 is $1500.  So I adjusted my figures to reflect that.  It would be $5.56 per MH cost. 
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:49:03 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but Innosilicon seems to be not the strongest competitor for Bitmain.
So far I know they had already a bad delivery history and still charging a high price compared with Bitmain.
My brain can not understand this ...

Bitmain L3+   vs    Innosilicon A4+
504MH/s                  ~520MH/s
800W                       ~750W
1870$                      ~ 2600$

Delivery time will be mostly the same or even later (Innosilicon bad delivery history).
Don't know why anyone should buy from Innosilicon even Bitmain was a bit too expensive for the last Batch.
I wanted to buy some but I thought Bitmain would sell the L3+ under 1500$ so I passed this time.

Am I missing something what makes the Innosilicon A4+ more interessting than Bitmains L3+?
If they are able to send their miner till mid/end of September it would be a advantage but I don't believe it.

"will we achive a huge Group Buy Discount Undecided"

If Innosilicon want to get more attention they shall start to sell their equipment way cheaper and proof they can deliver itheir miners in time with the same performance they sold it.

1400$ for the new A4+ would be a statement against Bitmain and could bring Innosilicon back to the road.

At this point it does not appear that Inno is in any position to try and challenge Bitmain on pricing.  I did not get that impression at all from the communication I received.  As a matter of fact they are stating that after the pre-order is over most likely the price will be going up. 

This won't be a "price leader" miner from all indications so far.  And I am getting confirmation on the ship dates, but it was implied that it will be the same Oct-Nov ship timeframe.  Orders will be shipped based on when the order was received. 

So if you want to order 3 or more units today you can place your order on the web site now.  However note the exchange rates for LTC and BTC are WAY OFF and I have asked them about updating that.

I am still getting details on a group buy.  However in the past there wasn't a big discount offered to us for the group buy.  But we will see if what kind of incentive they may offer us.  If the A5 pricing is any indication even if you buy at large volumes like 100 the discount wasn't enough to be of significant help.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:07:31 PM

So if you want to order 3 or more units today you can place your order on the web site now.  However note the exchange rates for LTC and BTC are WAY OFF and I have asked them about updating that.

I am still getting details on a group buy.  However in the past there wasn't a big discount offered to us for the group buy.  But we will see if what kind of incentive they may offer us.  If the A5 pricing is any indication even if you buy at large volumes like 100 the discount wasn't enough to be of significant help.

Got a link? I'm not seeing the A4+ listed.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:34:37 PM

Ok, here is the update from Innosilicon:

"We will upgrade your preordered A4 machines to A4 + or future upgrades and ship them in the order of payment. Even though the ultra-low power A4+ miners has higher cost per Mhash, and in the future the prices is likely to rise, for our lucky loyal preorder customers, the price per Mhash will remain the same. The remaining payment will depend on the final spec of the miner before Oct 7th. You will be notified for the remaining payment before delivery. For example, you preordered A4 280Mhs miner totally N dollars, as we upgraded to A4+ with 550Mhs, your total payment will be (550/280)*N dollars. Your deposit will count towards the total payment. For those A4 preorder customers who are willing to upgrade to A4+, the shipping will start in mid Oct and complete by the end of Nov. We are sorry that it is very difficult to accelerate the new product delivery any further. You do not have to contact us, we will contact you before shipment based on payment order."

charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:40:39 PM

aprox. 10 units depends on price
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:43:55 PM

So if you want to order 3 or more units today you can place your order on the web site now.  However note the exchange rates for LTC and BTC are WAY OFF and I have asked them about updating that.

I am still getting details on a group buy.  However in the past there wasn't a big discount offered to us for the group buy.  But we will see if what kind of incentive they may offer us.  If the A5 pricing is any indication even if you buy at large volumes like 100 the discount wasn't enough to be of significant help.

Got a link? I'm not seeing the A4+ listed.

The A4+ isn't listed there yet.  They said place your pre-order using the current A4 page and you get the option to upgrade to the A4+. 

So if you want to order 3 or more units today you can do that right now on the current web order for the A4 preorder.  You will be notified about the upgrade option.

Like was mentioned the final cost will be priced in MHS.  So current MHS price appears to be $5.56 x <whatever the final hash rate will be>

They are stating the lab unit runs at 520mhs, but they are saying they believe the final units could be hashing as high as 550mhs.  But your final price will be reflected in whatever that number settles at. 
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:15:26 PM

I am interested.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: