Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:04:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a QUESTION  (Read 752 times)
Similificator (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:22:32 PM

So you see guys, i am really starting to like the idea of trading bitcoins and other alternative coins. And i really wanna try it, but sadly, I really don't know where i should start. Given the fact that i dont have a personal computer or a laptop. All i have is an iphone gifted to me by my sister. So my question is, can I do trading by using only my cellular phone? I mean, I can't have different kind of wallets for other coins because almost all new altcoins dont offer a wallet app for iphone. Should i forget the idea of getting into trading?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Heirloomz

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:16:29 PM

Honestly trading bitcoins/altcoins takes some dedication and analysis to be successful and if you don't even have at least a laptop or computer that you can buy then there's no point. A laptop that's meant just for trading isn't that expensive maybe $500-600 max. You can use a family computer just as long as you log out and you can use that phone for 2-Factor Authentication.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:27:39 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2017, 05:02:00 PM by iram1011

So you see guys, i am really starting to like the idea of trading bitcoins and other alternative coins. And i really wanna try it, but sadly, I really don't know where i should start. Given the fact that i dont have a personal computer or a laptop. All i have is an iphone gifted to me by my sister. So my question is, can I do trading by using only my cellular phone? I mean, I can't have different kind of wallets for other coins because almost all new altcoins dont offer a wallet app for iphone. Should i forget the idea of getting into trading?
There is no need to have web or desktop wallets for every coin you trade, you will trade the coins which are listed on exchanges and hence can be kept on exchange and then can be converted into Bitcoin or ETH. With one Bitcoin and myetherwallet which are available on mobile, you can easily trade using your phone. Exchange websites might open slow or are less responsive. But mostly all can be opened on mobile. Try Bittrex, Poloniex etc, they are all available in mobile versions. For fetching data about various coins, Coinmarketcap is best for mobiles. But this is not all what you'll need. Altcoin market is highly volatile and unpredictable. Make sure to analyze the coin before trading.
Similificator (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:10:59 PM

Honestly trading bitcoins/altcoins takes some dedication and analysis to be successful and if you don't even have at least a laptop or computer that you can buy then there's no point. A laptop that's meant just for trading isn't that expensive maybe $500-600 max. You can use a family computer just as long as you log out and you can use that phone for 2-Factor Authentication.

Sad thing is, we don't have a family computer, and besides, i just wanna try it out a bit by trading small amounts, i wanna have a feel for trading first before i go in and invest a lot of hard earned money.

Best way is to use notebook, using smartphone don't help you to do trading. You need to buy and sell and sometimes you must to do it quickly. Don't try to do it with smartphone, it can be dangerous.

Why should i do it quickly? Does bitcoin and other altcoin's prices actually change that fast? And why is it dangerous? I mean, in what way? How can you say that it is dangerous??

Actually using a laptop or desktop is more helpful for good trading.but you can do trade with your mobile phone also.I phone is a good choice man.just create the new account in various exchange platform like bittrex,poloneix,cryptopia and liqui .all platform that i mentioned are accept all of crytp for trade.and you can use them easily.so just create open an account and check it.hope you will get it comfortable.

Why do i always hear that having a pc or laptop is important in trading? What benefits are there when you use a pc or laptop when trading than using a cellular phone? And why should i create lots of acounts in all those mentioned trading sites?

There is no need to have web wallets for every coin you trade, you will trade the coins which are listed on exchanges and hence can be kept on exchange and then can be converted into Bitcoin or ETH. With one Bitcoin and myetherwallet which are available on mobile, you can easily trade using your phone. Exchange websites might open slow or are less responsive. But mostly all can be opened on mobile. Try Bittrex, Poloniex etc, they are all available in mobile versions. For fetching data about various coins, Coinmarketcap is best for mobiles. But this is not all what you'll need. Altcoin market is highly volatile and unpredictable. Make sure to analyze the coin before trading.

Ok, thanks man, but what is the best trading site? Should i really create an account on all those trading sites? Or should i just choose one?
Yes, i agree the altcoin market really is so volatile and unpredictable. I will surely take that suggestion into account. Thanks man.

Sorry for asking too much guys, i am just excited to learn about trading and experience it myself.
Thanks for all the responses. Smiley
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:17:05 PM

I think Desktop and Laptop is ideal for Trading. You can also trade by phone. But the problem is most of the trading website is not mobile responsive. That's why you have to use Desktop or Laptop.
M Nobody

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 08:27:00 PM

Before buying a computer / laptop. Maybe you should have a look into how trading works. Buy some books and learn technical analyses. If it sound like fun you can install a VM (virtual machine) on a friends notebook and start there. Really depends on your budget...

Good luck.
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 09:04:06 PM

Yes, you can do trading even if you have just an iphone. No need to have a pc, although it would be better. There are many exchanges which have mobile versions, just be sure to choose the one you like the most. Then you don't need to download all the official wallets, you may just exchange's dedicated wallets.
Also, there is coinomi for mobile which is a good and reliable multi-currency wallet.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:16:15 PM

You don't need a laptop to trade with Bitcoin or Altcoins. All important exchangers for altcoins like for example Bittrex, Poloniex, Bitfinex, Cryptopia or Yobit are accessible with your iPhone. Make shortcuts to homescreen to simplify surfing through the sites. You can use wallets from appstore, online wallets and offline wallets for example paper wallets or hatdware wallets to store your coins. Don't save them on exchangers. Only use them there to trade.
BTW I would reccomend you another title for your thread f.e "iPhone - trading and wallets".
So it will get more visitors like  iPhone users who will share their experiences and users who look for infos.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:42:19 AM

There is no need to have web wallets for every coin you trade, you will trade the coins which are listed on exchanges and hence can be kept on exchange and then can be converted into Bitcoin or ETH. With one Bitcoin and myetherwallet which are available on mobile, you can easily trade using your phone. Exchange websites might open slow or are less responsive. But mostly all can be opened on mobile. Try Bittrex, Poloniex etc, they are all available in mobile versions. For fetching data about various coins, Coinmarketcap is best for mobiles. But this is not all what you'll need. Altcoin market is highly volatile and unpredictable. Make sure to analyze the coin before trading.

Ok, thanks man, but what is the best trading site? Should i really create an account on all those trading sites? Or should i just choose one?
Yes, i agree the altcoin market really is so volatile and unpredictable. I will surely take that suggestion into account. Thanks man.

Sorry for asking too much guys, i am just excited to learn about trading and experience it myself.
No, you need not to have account on every exchange. Stay on Bittrex or Poloniex as for now. They have enough coins listed. So, there won't be any problem while trading and also they are quite popular and secure. People usually have accounts on various exchanges for arbitrage opportunity(buying from one exchange and selling on other where price is bit higher) and many new coins don't get listed on Bittrex and Poloniex easily. For such coins Novaexchange, cryptopia etc are good. But as you are still starting with trading, don't get much involved with new coins.
Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:49:23 AM

No, you need not to have account on every exchange. Stay on Bittrex or Poloniex as for now. They have enough coins listed. So, there won't be any problem while trading and also they are quite popular and secure. People usually have accounts on various exchanges for arbitrage opportunity(buying from one exchange and selling on other where price is bit higher) and many new coins don't get listed on Bittrex and Poloniex easily. For such coins Novaexchange, cryptopia etc are good. But as you are still starting with trading, don't get much involved with new coins.
Hard research is barely needed I know its confusing at the beginning but investing with your learning is the good tools before starting as we are inside into a new surroundings and people have different approach so I guess with all the insights you just be keen to learned it before doing any actions.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:03:33 AM

Actually bro. You do not need more wallets because of the exchanging site itself. So we should have wallets in different coins because we plan to hold it for a long time. And you know if you can trade in your phone. Yes, just as long as you get acess on the internet you do not have a problem. and I just want to make it harder to check on the value of your coins just download the blockfolio apps.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:06:05 AM

You can but it is extremely inconvenient. Some sites only have support for computers so the UI will look really crappy to you.

Download a multicoin wallet such as Jaxx, and you'd be fine. Obviously you can't store every single coin on Jaxx since they only support a handful of them, but it is good enough. For small amounts, just store them on the exchange. But withdraw as soon as you hit like $500 on one coin, because exchanges do go scam sometimes.

I would definitely recommend trading btc with fiat payment processors, you can get so much more out of the spread if you know how to cash out gift cards or prepaid debit cards than if you traded altcoins. But it's really your choice.
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:27:20 AM

Of course you can, as far as I know the market already provides a wallet to store your assets, do not worry all your iphone can do, deposit using iphone then go to the bank to deposit in order to trade or you can seek for the gift of this forum.
TaKlarPH

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:25:02 AM

Why can't we use our cellphone for trading? what will happen? I studied that even if a laptop or desktop and different kinds of computer we still trade even if its offline. So can't we actually trade using cellphones even some one stated that trading is actually meant for laptops? etc.....
Kompodd

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:19:30 AM

For sales, you need to use a laptop, or other mobile device with a good Internet speed, because the success of any transaction depends on the speed of decision-making. Just create a record on different platforms of exchange and into battle)).

epicsupers

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:28:28 AM

Don't forget to learn TA. If not you'll just be losing monies  Roll Eyes
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 12:54:12 PM

I think you can trade using mobile, because some cryptocurrency exchanges have a nice design view when accessing via mobile.

and if you are having trouble finding wallet apps, you can save your assets on the exchange.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:00:34 PM

I started trading with android. I never install any wallet, wholly trusting exchange. Having said this, trusting any third party is very dangerous. For the coin you want hold for a while you must have your private key. And also use authy 2factor for your exchange s.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:25:04 PM

I think you can trade using mobile, because some cryptocurrency exchanges have a nice design view when accessing via mobile.

and if you are having trouble finding wallet apps, you can save your assets on the exchange.
No no no, please never use smartphone for trading cryptocurrency if you not want loss your money in future.
Although use smartphone trading very useful, but when you want calculate or analysic chart, volume, the function from app trade not enough for you.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:34:30 PM

I've never found a mobile browser that could make decent use of an exchange. It always seems to either die before it loads or freezes.

You can give it a try but you'll be hobbled before you can get going. You can buy a laptop that'll do fine for $50. Sell the iPhone and buy a crappier phone and a computer. Your wealth will thank you for it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: