Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:14:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming Ethereum Hard Fork advice needed  (Read 342 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:49:44 PM

Hi,

Is the upcoming Ether hard fork be like bitcoin cash hard fork where there will be free air drops?

Are most Ether users against the hard fork?

Will there be 3 Ether chains after the hard fork that is ether classic, ether and the new ether chain?

So on the new ether chain I cannot mine it no more which means if I want to mine I gotta stick to the older chain?

Are mineable coins worth more than non-mineable coins because the hardware costs and electricity involved?

What you guys think which direction the ether price will go soon because of the hard fork?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinOldtimer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:59:21 PM

Sorry, I am more of the spooning type.   I have no helpful input.    Roll Eyes
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:39:23 PM

Hi,

Is the upcoming Ether hard fork be like bitcoin cash hard fork where there will be free air drops?

Are most Ether users against the hard fork?

Will there be 3 Ether chains after the hard fork that is ether classic, ether and the new ether chain?

So on the new ether chain I cannot mine it no more which means if I want to mine I gotta stick to the older chain?

Are mineable coins worth more than non-mineable coins because the hardware costs and electricity involved?

What you guys think which direction the ether price will go soon because of the hard fork?

Nope,

The Bitcoin Cash hardfork created a new chain over a difference of opinion.  Bitcoin Cash Crew wanted a scalable coin, and Team Bitcoin likes their high transaction fees.  So they created 2 coins.

This Ethereum hard fork is just to implement new code that everyone agrees on.

It's not going to be like the last fork where Ethereum split with the original Ethereum Classic beliefs that "code is law" creating 2 coins:

Ethereum - where your smart contract can be revoked (legal precident established by the community)
Ethereum Classic - where your smart contract can never be revoked because THE CODE IS LAW

Again, this next Ethereum fork will not create a well supported new coin split as the old unsupported chain will die as nobody mines it,

Ok understood but 1 part I still dont get it is if everyone consensus agreed the changes like you said then shouldn't it be called soft fork instead of a hard fork    Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: