Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:48:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to dump shitcoin?  (Read 1557 times)
mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 01:45:05 AM

I think you should be long-term hold, you should put it inside the wallet do not have to see it, wait for you after a year to see, maybe you will find a surprise, I wish you good luck!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SmallCapCoins

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:48:38 AM

I dump mine when I think they're out if the popular altcoin status.  Usually they start to go in a downtrend even when other coins going up when this happens.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:10:23 AM

I put some $ into a coin a couple of months ago. And since then it's gone down a lot and stayed down. A deadline for a project update was recently met and advertised but the coin didn't even bump up. If I got out now I would lose about 20% of my initial investment.

How do you decide when it's time to dump a coin for a loss? I don't need the money but i see these other coins going up and i keep thinking about the opportunity cost of having my $ sitting in the shitcoin.
It's better to accept your lose than to hold it and hope for it to pump hard later, Shitcoins is shit it is 2% chance to pump hard it depends if whales played it.
If that shitcoin dumped into 10% - 20% better to take lose and invest it into another good coins, Investing on shitcoins is very risky better to put your investment on the trusted coins that are on the toplist on coinmarketcap because all of that coins has a potential to get high value soon.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:18:38 AM

I put some $ into a coin a couple of months ago. And since then it's gone down a lot and stayed down. A deadline for a project update was recently met and advertised but the coin didn't even bump up. If I got out now I would lose about 20% of my initial investment.

How do you decide when it's time to dump a coin for a loss? I don't need the money but i see these other coins going up and i keep thinking about the opportunity cost of having my $ sitting in the shitcoin.

With your situation here, if you believe the coin could still pull off a miracle with any sorts of project implementations from the devs, you could consider holding for a longer term.
If that isn't the case, then search for the highest possible price during the week.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:52:17 AM

you shouldn't even be investing in a shitcoin in first place!
of course there are exceptions when the shitcoin is getting pumped hard and you want to get the quick profit out of it, but it is a much riskier move and requires a very experienced trader to successfully pull that off.

also in case of these shitcoins your stop loss must be more precise. put it at a smaller loss than you usually place it and dump as soon as you see a small drop because there is no hope for them to recover.

Buying the dip...
Emworks

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:05:05 AM

I simply choose to dump my shitcoin when i dont see any price development for the past 2-3 weeks, for me its the best desicion rather than hoping some miracle will happen.its better to have something than nothing.
valucash

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:34:25 AM

To be or not to be, that's the question. It's called a coin because it has two side, one profit, the other loss, flip it what do you see, heads or tail. You don't want to sell because you think the value might increase, good. But look ahead do you see any future for the coin, if not you may be heading for a slippery slope and this may be the time to cut your losses or end up with a 100% loss, It's sad but it could happen.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:54:51 AM

So that's the deadline of your investment too. Because there is no way your coin is going to pump any time soon because once project is launched it should have that much potential to bring it up. If it did not promise that one and your coin is still sitting down there then that's dead almost.

You can look out for pump groups if you know what it is. Then you can request or ask how many people have invested into that coin. If you get pretty good number then you can ask them to pump it together and have your investment backed up with it. That's going to be difficulty to manage but better if you want to get your investment back. Otherwise just take that 20% loss and move on. :-)

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:19:09 AM

In which coin have you invested? Well, you seriously had bad luck with that investment, you were lucky that they only were twenty dollars.
But i suggest you to make a good research about every coin you are about to invest, that is what i do before i invest, and it makes me invest more safely.
And about dumping coins, obviously do it when you have profit, but i recommend you to dump those coins and buy another ones.
good luck with that.
hashtag101

Activity: 419

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:25:03 AM

I simply choose to dump my shitcoin when i dont see any price development for the past 2-3 weeks, for me its the best desicion rather than hoping some miracle will happen.its better to have something than nothing.
Hmm... this is good decided, of course you can keep your profit and capital when do that. For me, depends the cycle growth of this shitcoin and demand on market, I will choose hold or sell it.
ProzCoin

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:45:44 AM

when it 10x. shit coin can easily multiply 10 times and therefore, you can easily multiply your property many times. Hold tight and sell when it reaches your target. Many Shit coins have been pumped before and most of them give whales a lot of money

Omegasun

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:27:01 AM

when it 10x. shit coin can easily multiply 10 times and therefore, you can easily multiply your property many times. Hold tight and sell when it reaches your target. Many Shit coins have been pumped before and most of them give whales a lot of money
Some shitcoin didn't even make it to multily by 5x , maybe when you can already earn from it or ot took long before it pump ,then probably grab that chance already ,there's might no next pump to happen.

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:31:09 AM

I have also gone such experience. My jaw was dropping at the thought that I am having losses and the rest of the alts are flying high, torn between cutting loss and jumping into other alts or holding tight and wait for the recovery. My experiences tell me that it is best to hold and avoid cutting loss. Everything in crypto trading is temporary. That's something we cannot deny.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:31:32 AM

In which coin have you invested? Well, you seriously had bad luck with that investment, you were lucky that they only were twenty dollars.
But i suggest you to make a good research about every coin you are about to invest, that is what i do before i invest, and it makes me invest more safely.
And about dumping coins, obviously do it when you have profit, but i recommend you to dump those coins and buy another ones.
good luck with that.

so true. Sometimes we only see in terms of immediate desire without research on the coins we will invest. We must be more careful and careful in making decisions.
coin_coin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:04:43 AM

If you are sure it is a shitcoin,  and just a 20% loss, I suggest you leave it as soon as possible.

CINDICATOR.COM12 September 2017 Token Sale
WP
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:37:09 AM

You can still make profits whilst it's dropping. Just sell and rebuy the same amount at a lower point, and keep the BTC difference.
If you think you'll miss a pump though, just stay in. Ultimately as with everything it's a judgement call.
Drokzid

Activity: 930
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 10:39:41 AM

There are many ways to trade or hodl a shit coin imho:

1. Buy the fud/hate, sell the hype!
Buy a token when it starts breaking downtrend after everybody hated it for the last weeks or months. This works almost ever. For example ETH was the most hated coin out there, because of the hard fork, before it skyrocketed in the beginning of this year. The start selling all the way up when everybody is bullish.

2. Buy the rumor, sell the news!
If there is special event like a coin . You could this happening in QWARK some weeks ago. Everbody bought in because of an upcoming coin burning and the price increased by 3 times in a few days. Right after the announcement of the coin burn the price decreased back to normal.

3. Buy the project, sell the product!
Price speculation often is driven by future hopes. This means that it usually works if you buy a project in its early stage and sell it when it has been finally launched, because the market does not see any or muss less future growth.

BTC IS KING!
Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:52:23 AM

Yes this situation common in any trading I could suggest sell some of the coin when you reach the amount of capital or for very low loss then keep some for future expectations. So that you will get some fund to invest other coins.
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:16:19 AM

When all is dumping, also join the club. If you know that it is a shit coin. Dont hold for too long, you might surprised one day that it has no value already. Shitcoins are prone to pump and dump, so be ware of this. You can ride the situation but you can exit when all is starting to dump in my opinion.
europesss

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:25:57 AM

Leave shitcoin as far as you can , also as soon as possible, I don't think a  shitcoin could give you profit. Leave it at this time you have 80% of your money  .
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: