Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:39:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charity Board (NOT FOR BEGGARS, FOR REAL CHARITIES!)  (Read 1121 times)
nkocevar (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:04:29 PM

Hola. I was wondering if there is a board for charitable talk... Not like "Ooh the newbie needs help lets loan him a BTC or 2", but more like "Wow, there are still tons of houses to build in Haiti after the earthquake"? If there is one, I have yet to find it, but if there isn't, could an admin possibly create one? I believe that not only would having a board for charity discussions be a nice humanitarian effort, but it would also bring positive light to the bitcoin community. Instead of people hearing about Bitcoins by searching "How to buy drugs on the silkroad", they could hear about bitcoins on the news after a report on how the bitcoin community has come together to provide relief for Haitian Earthquake victims, or Hurricane Sandy victims.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:07:43 PM

search bitcoin100

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.0

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
nkocevar (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:26:52 PM

Thanks! But thats only one topic... Im saying we should get more than a hundred donators... Im saying we should get a lot.... I dont even now if "a lot" is a long enough phrase... thousands... tens of thousands... I want to see a board labeled "Charity" that is visited just as much as any other board. My goal would be getting BTC10000 (I know thats a lot) together and spreading it out amongst multiple charities... That's about a million dollars. It seems like something that would only happen in my dreams, but I believe with a lot of hard work, and dedication, we could do it. I guarantee that if we raised a million dollars in BTC (~10000 BTC), we would make the news, and if that happens, even more people will get involved, and instead of the US Gov working against us, they will work with us! Plus it would help tons of people, from people who only get 1 meal a day, to someone whose house was destroyed by an earthquake or hurricane!

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:40:48 PM

There's not enough talk (that I've seen) to merit a charity board as of right now.  Start some charity threads and see if people are interested.

I suggest getting a reputable escrow holder to collect the money if you actually do something.
nkocevar (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:27:01 PM

There's not enough talk (that I've seen) to merit a charity board as of right now.  Start some charity threads and see if people are interested.

I suggest getting a reputable escrow holder to collect the money if you actually do something.

Sounds good! Who would you recommend as an escrow holder?

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:31:26 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 09:18:51 PM by Maged

Sounds good! Who would you recommend as an escrow holder?

If you're serious about it, talk to John K.  My suggestion would be to get a contract setup specifying what will happen to the bitcoins depending on the situation.  That way there's no grey area for people to worry about you taking them and running.
nkocevar (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:00:45 PM

Bumppp... Someone else has to have the heart to think this is a good idea?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: