Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin trading with low budget  (Read 1906 times)
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:38:36 PM

@ some writers here:

Please don't give that bad advises to a newbie by telling him, he should buy waves, only because you bought some without understanding how it works! Waves isn't a good investment. When people will understand, that the wave-exchange is NOT decentralized and that you give AWAY YOUR CONTROL over your coins when you use it, the price will fall back to a deep, stagnating level. Thats why BLOCK is rising very strong in the last weeks. BLOCK is the true decentralized exchange, which gives you FULL CONTROL over your coins. But I won't be that kind of fool to advise a newbie to buy some BLOCK now, because of the strong rise in the last weeks (even that I believe, that the price will increase further on...) but to give an advise at the moment for buying BLOCK seems a bit too risky. Not for longterm, but for shortterm. And I don't want to frustrate a newbie by a maybe loss of 30% in the next weeks. He won't care for a 300% profit later, because he would have quit the game before.
Be careful!

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:52:12 PM

@ some writers here:

Please don't give that bad advises to a newbie by telling him, he should buy waves, only because you bought some without understanding how it works! Waves isn't a good investment. When people will understand, that the wave-exchange is NOT decentralized and that you give AWAY YOUR CONTROL over your coins when you use it, the price will fall back to a deep, stagnating level. Thats why BLOCK is rising very strong in the last weeks. BLOCK is the true decentralized exchange, which gives you FULL CONTROL over your coins. But I won't be that kind of fool to advise a newbie to buy some BLOCK now, because of the strong rise in the last weeks (even that I believe, that the price will increase further on...) but to give an advise at the moment for buying BLOCK seems a bit too risky. Not for longterm, but for shortterm. And I don't want to frustrate a newbie by a maybe loss of 30% in the next weeks. He won't care for a 300% profit later, because he would have quit the game before.
Be careful!

So you bought a lot of BLOCKS. Got it.

Low budget altcoins are risky anyways, you either have to install a bazillion scammy wallets that hack your desktop, or trusting the more obscure exchange sites located at the outer rim of our crypto universe. Been there, done that. Risk vs. Reward ratio. There's a reason not to invest monthly wages into stuff like that.

But back onto general advise. There are swing cycles starting at the end of a month, peaking at the middle of the month. Things calm down, things load up again. Related to payment days?
Today, a sunday at the beginning of a month, I am frustrated. Charts all red, actually a buying opportunity for picking up some winners that will gain +10% from experience, at least, on mean average. Try getting that return of investment each month anywhere else.

I'll have to investigate Waves versus Blocks further. Thanks for hinting out there are some differences.
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:19:21 PM

Blocks are only a small part of my portfolio. Unfortunately. I went in there with a profit from another coin. It was an investment in and a bet on the good idea - which is an absolutely needful project for us (traders). And it was a bet against the scam-accusations against the dev from some users here on BCT.
I think they lost.
 Grin

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:23:10 PM

I suggest you to do your investment in 2 different way. Invest like 100$ to a long term coin like waves to get 4-5k in a year or so. Secondly do some short term investments like Neo or musicoin to get 2x.

IliaNoz (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:46:09 PM

Don't give the decision about your investment out of your hands. I started with an equal amount how you are planning to. The first thing you should do is: Read!
And then: Read, read, read!
After a while you can seperate the wheat from the chaff. You will get a feeling about, which member here on BCT is trustable and which are not. When you find a really smart and interesting posting, look at the profil from the author and read his other posts. Do they confirm your impression? Try to find a couple of members who really understand the market. Members who point at a perfekt (early) time on promising coins and projects. If you read a brandnew post from such reputated members like this, go immediately to the project page and:
Read, read, read!
Push your feelings beside. Think about if this project has something to offer. Something new, something good, something which can give the project more value sooner or later. Take a small look at the dev team and at the community. What are your impressions? Does it look seroius? Does it look smart? Motivated? Is the community a group of blind believing kiddies, or a union of experts? Then try to understand the connections between supply, marketcap and price in order to assess the possible increase of the value. Compare it to coins with similar preconditions.
But at least, the art of making profit is:
Don't make a science out of what I told you above. Because to trade-off again and again leaves you uncertain and prevents you from tucking in at the perfect time. If your head says for 70 to 30 "Yes!" and your heart for 90% at least:
Go in immediately!
And when you really believe, don't care about the dumps and pumps which will follow (for sure). Don't regret anything. Dont cry about lost opportunities (the forrest is always full of them, that doesn't matter). Just go straight ahead. Watch the market and learn.

Take a brief look at the chart before investing. Compare it to other charts. Projects of active dev-teams have other charts than dead projects. Try to find patterns which can help you.

And when you diversificate your investment over 5 to 8 projects and when you not make the biggest mistake: to buy in when the price is high or have risen a lot in the last days / weeks - you will make profit. Sometimes you can ride on an upcoming hype, too. But in this case it is often better to jump of the horse after the half way than to wait till the bitter end. Good profits are good profits and better than no profits.
 Wink

I wish you luck and have fun at the market!
Regards!
McW

You words really motivates me. I think every beginner must read this!
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:37:10 AM

When people will understand, that the wave-exchange is NOT decentralized and that you give AWAY YOUR CONTROL over your coins when you use it
'Decentralized' is just a buzz word to advertise with. Steem is not decentralized, Waves is not decentralized, Ethereum is not decentralized.
If someone unplugs the right server it does no longer work or goes down in value a lot.
IliaNoz (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:58:57 AM

I suggest you to do your investment in 2 different way. Invest like 100$ to a long term coin like waves to get 4-5k in a year or so. Secondly do some short term investments like Neo or musicoin to get 2x.

I think it's best time to invest right ? every coin drop 10% or more.. I think I will wait a bit and then start the game.
I'm thinking investing 40% of my funds in top 10 coins, 40% in mid coins and 20% in low cap coins? what do you think guys ?
cah ndablek

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:24:23 PM

try using etherium, waves, and lite coin because the type of coin in my opinion has a high exchange rate so at this time I still defend it to make trading. just try if for example not in accordance with what you want just leave it and look for another.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: