Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:56:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you edit the source of the forums?  (Read 826 times)
imperi (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 06:41:05 AM

The forums are open source, so shouldn't there be a way to edit the code? I have git setup to make pull requests.

I want to implement an ignore feature, because the forums have been getting really spammy lately.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chick

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 06:46:52 AM

The forums are open source, so shouldn't there be a way to edit the code? I have git setup to make pull requests.

I want to implement an ignore feature, because the forums have been getting really spammy lately.

No no, you're doing it wrong. I was thinking about announcing a new Bitcoin client and making the download link go download a trojan. Or we can just make the download request popup on every page.

We could just commit some random crap to the git repo, and see how it goes...

Grin

imperi (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 06:51:50 AM

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:02:49 AM

Creating a mod should be enough:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=20319.0

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: