Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:53:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible fraudulent wallet going around  (Read 352 times)
paramind22 (OP)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 11:59:29 PM

Someone posted information about a POS coin that sounded very good and it was hard for me to track down the wallet or information.  It doesn't have an announcement here.  A saw a lot of posts about it on another crypto site, and bounties given to addresses that were being posted in the thread.  It was one of the bigger other sites so I trusted that it was real.  I installed the wallet and bought some of the coins and after that I got a block index error which I posted below on several of my wallets.  The only one that didn't seem affected was 808 coin.  I read that to resolve this, just delete everything but the wallet.dat and restart the wallet and that seems to be working (it was a secondary computer that didn't have a lot of valuable coins on it).

But, I'm wondering, if this could have come from the wallet?  The wallet/coin is Koi coin.   I titled this as "possible" because I don't know.  I'm new to POS wallets and I wanted to learn more about them and as any tech knows, the way to learn is to solve a problem, often your own.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:37:42 AM

You should be very careful if you're going around and installing random pieces of software on your pc. There are lots of virus, malware and ransomware writers out there who can mess things up for you big time. It might be worth putting "Koi coin" in the thread title if you want people to find this thread in future, is it even still active or died years ago?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:26:52 AM

It's not "going around",only gullible idiots are falling victims to it.If gullible idiot is too offensive of a term then I must use bounty whores.People would literally do anything to make a few satoshi's.Did you complile the wallet from the source ? Did you check the wallet code on github ? I would definitely do that twice if I had to download a random shit coin wallet on my windows.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 01:09:17 PM

1) Wrong place for this thread IMO.
2) This kind of report is useless. "808 coin", "Koi coin"?
Whilst following the traditional format for reporting scams is not really possibly here:

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]
You should at least: 1) Link to the developers of said coins. 2) Link to threads of said coins; 3) Post other useful information where possible.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
paramind22 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 03:37:12 PM

I stated it was "possible" -- aren't all such accusations possible until proven guilty?  Looking back, I agree looking for the best yielding POS coin is foolish when there are so many other good ones around. 

grahame77

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:07:37 AM

Have you lost some coins or only block error you got?

Someone posted information about a POS coin that sounded very good and it was hard for me to track down the wallet or information.  It doesn't have an announcement here.  A saw a lot of posts about it on another crypto site, and bounties given to addresses that were being posted in the thread.  It was one of the bigger other sites so I trusted that it was real.  I installed the wallet and bought some of the coins and after that I got a block index error which I posted below on several of my wallets.  The only one that didn't seem affected was 808 coin.  I read that to resolve this, just delete everything but the wallet.dat and restart the wallet and that seems to be working (it was a secondary computer that didn't have a lot of valuable coins on it).

But, I'm wondering, if this could have come from the wallet?  The wallet/coin is Koi coin.   I titled this as "possible" because I don't know.  I'm new to POS wallets and I wanted to learn more about them and as any tech knows, the way to learn is to solve a problem, often your own.

http://paramind.net/fatalexceptionblocki.png
paramind22 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 11:30:41 AM

Have you lost some coins or only block error you got?

I had about six wallets on this computer besides that one.  Five of them had the corrupted blockindex messages.  They look like they are restoring fine without losing any coins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: