Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:50:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC and Bailbonding: A Good Match or a Bad Idea?  (Read 189 times)
GreenBits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:31:33 AM

So I've long considered becoming a bailbondsman (its a hell of a process in the state i live in). Given that my other income streams tend to overwhelmingly be crypto, I have also toyed with the idea of accepting bitcoin for bail purposes.

Im torn. On the one hand, bitcoin still isnt really that popular. Virtually no one will actually choose this particular option, but it would make the business attractive specifically to those that get in trouble and already have bitcoin. For this reason, I wonder if it would be worth it. Bitcoin is already associated with criminality in the public eye, esp as of late. This could potentially be a bad look for bitcoin, in the right situation.

on the other hand, would I be opening myself up to a can of legal worms? its property, so according to my research i should be able to accept it. with that being said, the volatility REALLY matters in this case (I would need to maintain the fiat equivalent for legal reasons). also. I wonder if my bitcoin could be seized, if those funds could be connected to the crime that put my client in jail.

Over all, it seems more hassle than a boon.

What do you guys think?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: