Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:59:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much alt coins, you should mine?  (Read 955 times)
parcelo (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:36:02 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 06:20:46 AM by parcelo

i tried to look this up but can't find anything worth resonable.
i am newbee and my hardware is not good enough to mine zcash or eth. so i started looking up for altcoins.
and this question keeps coming up to me.

How many coins you should mine before switchig to other?

what is the
1: bare minimum,
2: a good amount or
3: a pretty good amount.
of the particular altcoin.

there are just so many coins out there.

btw about my hardware:  i got gtx 1060 6gb. in some algo it is good in others it is sligtly less. it's crappy version so things changes algo to algo.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wwac

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Hostyourminer.com THE miner Colocation

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 08:47:52 AM

I think this totally depends on what your strategy is. If you are planning to make a quick cash you should go to sites like coinwarz.com and see what gives you the most profit each day.

otherwise, there are coins that have huge potential grow in marketcap and in price. So if you are looking for today, the payout will be low. But if you look at it on long term it could give a nice payout.

Hostyourminer.com

Makes hosting a single miner profitable!
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:28:17 AM

it depends on algo and coins whitepaper I think !
if I look trough whitepaper and see good plan of coin growth - that is a very good point for me, if website and wallets is working - that is a plus
if in ANN thread there is a good bounty - that is plus as well, means devs wants to spend money on marketing
and the last point is exchange - best option if coins is already there, going to exchange within few weeks less preferable
if all points are checked I can mine 5K-10K

if not, that maybe about 500-1000
 Grin
parcelo (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:23:09 AM

if I look trough whitepaper and see good plan of coin growth - that is a very good point for me, if website and wallets is working - that is a plus
if in ANN thread there is a good bounty - that is plus as well, means devs wants to spend money on marketing
and the last point is exchange - best option if coins is already there, going to exchange within few weeks less preferable

Grin

i am just starting upa dn reading all white paper all day. Tiring task. i am thinking of finding a way to do less work then that and still make profits.
Supercoiner111

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:37:10 AM

Grin

i am just starting upa dn reading all white paper all day. Tiring task. i am thinking of finding a way to do less work then that and still make profits.

There is no easy money, you need to do your research and it not proven you will make money....You have to follow your own stargey and there will be bumps....

paololuk

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:37:55 AM

Hi, try to follow tendencies on twitter and, of course, here in Bitcointalk. Mine the freshest coin with low difficulty, mine and hold. Look for how many exchanges lists the preferred coins. More exchange equal to more value. Avoid the scam coin analyzing the social network diffusion.
parcelo (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:43:45 AM

Grin

There is no easy money, you need to do your research and it not proven you will make money....You have to follow your own stargey and there will be bumps....

well either quick money or patience. i don't have former so later Cheesy. what coins are you mining?
parcelo (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:57:47 AM

I think this totally depends on what your strategy is. If you are planning to make a quick cash you should go to sites like coinwarz.com and see what gives you the most profit each day.

otherwise, there are coins that have huge potential grow in marketcap and in price. So if you are looking for today, the payout will be low. But if you look at it on long term it could give a nice payout.

i am looking into long term. in a manner like
mine it now.. when they give nice payout... redeem some update hardware and power and some more. keep the rest.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 11:01:18 AM

There is no universal and ready answer that somebody could give you. You must do your own research and then make your decision. Period.

parcelo (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:12:59 AM

There is no universal and ready answer that somebody could give you. You must do your own research and then make your decision. Period.

totally agreed with that.... at the end whatever works for me is right for me and i have to find it myself.

but for reserach purpose what things i should look for???

as supercoiner told his rules and things he looks for. it helps somewhat and i have to adjust them according to my needs and prefrences.
Signaturan

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

totally agreed with that.... at the end whatever works for me is right for me and i have to find it myself.

but for reserach purpose what things i should look for???

as supercoiner told his rules and things he looks for. it helps somewhat and i have to adjust them according to my needs and prefrences.

That is right. I mine the most profitable coins.
parcelo (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:27:11 PM

most profitable coins on per day basis??
or in long term thing how do you decide which coin is most profitable.
stzcze

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:26:45 PM

I absolutely agree, you have to do, your strategy.
parcelo (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:39:31 PM

if it had a universal strategy it wouldn't be the thing it is now. but discusing things highlights points you may have missed.
and i am sure i have missed many.
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:42:51 PM

Me personally I mine for the longterm I don't sell any of my coins unless I really have to (like pay an electric bill or something) but I have a regular job that I can pay most of the things with. But atm I am mining to HODL not to sell. It all depends on what you want to do I guess. Smiley
kollom

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:52:38 PM

3-5k no more
Khurram Bin Kamal

Activity: 200

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:44:44 PM

First if all you have to decide which coins you want to mine
This depends on various factors
ZCASH and ETH are also altcoins in fact other than Bitcoin every other coin is altcoin
1) what hardware you have or have access to buy
2)what is your initial investment
3)you plan to have daily profits by selling daily or to hold the coins or  mix some sell some hold

If you want serious mining than go for Gpu mining or ASIC mining
If you want to start quickly GPU mining can be  done as it is easy to find hardware
For ASIC mining you have to wait for months to get the machines

So in my opinion start with gpu mining rigs and mine Ethereum and order some ASIC like L3+ or D3 from bitmain and wait for them
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:41:52 PM

What hardware do you have to try mining with? Depending on what you have it may or may not be viable to mine anything other then brand new coins with very low difficulty. Most coins never make it anywhere significant, let alone get a large value so it would probably be a case of trying to mine every new coin that comes along in hopes that 1 in 10 manages to pay for your efforts.
parcelo (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:24:52 AM

First if all you have to decide which coins you want to mine
This depends on various factors
ZCASH and ETH are also altcoins in fact other than Bitcoin every other coin is altcoin
1) what hardware you have or have access to buy
2)what is your initial investment
3)you plan to have daily profits by selling daily or to hold the coins or  mix some sell some hold

If you want serious mining than go for Gpu mining or ASIC mining
If you want to start quickly GPU mining can be  done as it is easy to find hardware
For ASIC mining you have to wait for months to get the machines

So in my opinion start with gpu mining rigs and mine Ethereum and order some ASIC like L3+ or D3 from bitmain and wait for them

thanx for the elaborative answer

i tried zcash and do not have enough power to get a considerable amount even in exchange . it will take me a year to mine 2 coins.
etherum will soon changes to pos so i won't make enough. i will loose some amount in transfer fee itself.

What hardware do you have to try mining with? Depending on what you have it may or may not be viable to mine anything other then brand new coins with very low difficulty. Most coins never make it anywhere significant, let alone get a large value so it would probably be a case of trying to mine every new coin that comes along in hopes that 1 in 10 manages to pay for your efforts.
Posted

i have updated the question. and i got a crappy gtx 1060. i am looking at promising coins and i am try to look for optimum amount per coin type. that payout the worth.
and i am not mining 24x7
MackOfAllTrades

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:37:34 AM

i tried to look this up but can't find anything worth resonable.
i am newbee and my hardware is not good enough to mine zcash or eth. so i started looking up for altcoins.
and this question keeps coming up to me.

How many coins you should mine before switchig to other?

what is the
1: bare minimum,
2: a good amount or
3: a pretty good amount.
of the particular altcoin.

there are just so many coins out there.

btw about my hardware:  i got gtx 1060 6gb. in some algo it is good in others it is sligtly less. it's crappy version so things changes algo to algo.

I tried mining monero but abandoned it since I barely get an hefty amount and mining pool fees is waiting to get some of my hard earned coins.

There are a lot of things to consider when mining, your hash rate and electricity cost will be the deciding factors if you will profit or not. There are sites that will compute your profit base on your hash rates and electricity cost.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: