Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any change on msi afterburner reduces hash rate to 4 mh/s  (Read 388 times)
mclovin1231 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:45:47 PM

Hi, i currently have 5 x rx 570 cards mining at around 24 mh/s each. I have modded the bios which increased them from around 20 mh/s and now i am trying to use msi afterburner to increase performance more.

I am able to decrease the wattage without any issues however any change whatsover to clock settings (even a change of 1) to any of my cards decreases that card to 4 mh/s, even my main card which is connected by hdmi to the monitor.

It has been driving me mad and i cant seem to fix it, any ideas what is causing the problem?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mclovin1231 (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:03:40 PM

anyone have any idea? spent all day with no luck
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:29:58 PM

First of all, are your HDMI Cable is connected to the GPU that is in the x16 slot nearest to the CPU? Most of the time, the hash rate drop to 4 MH/s is because of this reason.
mclovin1231 (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:48:05 PM

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

no it is in the second slot.

It works fine and hashes properly until i change the overclock setting. if i change that for any card then that card changes to hash at 4 mh/s
g0suboy

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:14:52 AM

Set clocks before u turn on miner. If same thing happens try to connect monitor to every card for 5-10 secs.
If that aint helping try to use diff AB version.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:08:06 AM

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

no it is in the second slot.

It works fine and hashes properly until i change the overclock setting. if i change that for any card then that card changes to hash at 4 mh/s

Give MSI AB 4.4.0 Beta 16 a try and see if it works for you and yes, as @g0suboy suggested, set your OC settings before turning on miner and don't make any sudden changes while the miner is still active.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: