Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:01:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is GST applicable for BTC to INR conversion?  (Read 1204 times)
AOL (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:29:00 PM

In either of the following two cases, total volume will be far less than INR 20 Lakh/year. There are two ways I can do it...

1. Bitcoin sold directly to another person within India against NEFT/IMPS on LocalBitcoins.com. Please note that, it may be considered as inter-state supply as well as eCommerce.

2. Bitcoin sold at a Japanese exchange, where bitcoin has a legal status, and convert JPY to INR through bank transfer using SWIFT code. Please note that, it may be considered as export service.

Please note that...

i. I'm only interested in selling. Buying bitcoin has no implication of GST at buyer's end and my total volume is far less than INR 20 Lakh/year.

ii. I'm least interested to know whether GST is applicable or not for trading on Indian exchanges as I dont and I wont trade over there.

iii. If u r a CA, please do mention the same.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 08:43:19 AM

What i know any EXPORT OF SERVICE Attract NIL [ 0% GST ] when you sell your service to foreign person for Foreign currency . But if you trade between Indians then GST will attract . All this are " SELLING THROUGH ECOMMERCE PORTAL " during GST registration and mention Export of service on Business description . You must register with GST when you provide any service or trade via any ecommerce platform but for return you have to file Nil Smiley

TrustedTrader

Activity: 116
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:05:04 PM

1. Bitcoin sold directly to another person within India against NEFT/IMPS on LocalBitcoins.com.

Does Bitcoin have any SAC code or a HSN number? If yes, it would attract GST, otherwise no.
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 01:21:31 AM

It comes under software business, so Modi will definetely make GST for Bitcoin too. I think it would be 18% tax, but still I am not sure.

I already had GST for offline business and they made arise from 5% to 18%.

On localbitcoins.com also we need to pay 7 to 9% as some said yesterday here in this forums and the GST might applied.
How about for Paypal? if they have GST for Paypal then yes for Bitcoin too or no.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
expertofexperts

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:31:45 AM

Well recently a member of BJP has tabled a bill in lower house to ban and make illegal the use of bitcoin in India. For more update refer this article
http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/use-of-bitcoin-illegal-says-govt/article17702483.ece

Now when a thing is going to be illegal soon, what it need to do with GST (or if Jaitley has proposed some tax rate on cocina, marijuana etc  Grin Grin )? And it is Kirit somaya who has tabled that bill 2 weeks back as per my knowledge..
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:06:50 PM

After the GST council meeting yesterday, it seems like bitcoin sales below 20 Lakh INR/year is not taxable if u have no other income source that takes the total turnover over 20 Lakh INR/year.

cxihub

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 06:58:54 AM

Yes GST applicable for bitcoin transaction. Bitcoin come as service so you have to pay GST as service.
Be Like Bro

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:19:45 AM

It comes under software business, so Modi will definetely make GST for Bitcoin too. I think it would be 18% tax, but still I am not sure.

I already had GST for offline business and they made arise from 5% to 18%.

On localbitcoins.com also we need to pay 7 to 9% as some said yesterday here in this forums and the GST might applied.
How about for Paypal? if they have GST for Paypal then yes for Bitcoin too or no.

c'mon, unocoin have registered their company to GST and here's  their IGST number: 29AABCU8112D1ZI. But they're charging about 0.2% as tax and 1% as fees. So i think, there's no government tax for bitcoin in India yet as RBI only warns the bitcoin users not yet regulated.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:32:38 PM

In either of the following two cases, total volume will be far less than INR 20 Lakh/year. There are two ways I can do it...

1. Bitcoin sold directly to another person within India against NEFT/IMPS on LocalBitcoins.com. Please note that, it may be considered as inter-state supply as well as eCommerce.

2. Bitcoin sold at a Japanese exchange, where bitcoin has a legal status, and convert JPY to INR through bank transfer using SWIFT code. Please note that, it may be considered as export service.

Please note that...

i. I'm only interested in selling. Buying bitcoin has no implication of GST at buyer's end and my total volume is far less than INR 20 Lakh/year.

ii. I'm least interested to know whether GST is applicable or not for trading on Indian exchanges as I dont and I wont trade over there.

iii. If u r a CA, please do mention the same.

I am a CA final year student and can answer your questions. First of all you are not the service provider even if you buy or sell anything. You are just a seller selling your asset( lets say your car ever heard gst on it?). No matter what the amount of your car is you are not providing any service nor are you making any value addition.

The only person liable to pay GST here would be the japanese exchange. But as they do not lie in the Indian borders they are not taxable too. Moreover what you are doing is import of service and not export of service. The only service provider here is the japanese exchange platform which charge a fee and they would surely be paying an indirect tax to their govt as per laws.

I hope it answers all your queries.
AOL (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:48:54 PM

I am a CA final year student and can answer your questions. First of all you are not the service provider even if you buy or sell anything. You are just a seller selling your asset( lets say your car ever heard gst on it?). No matter what the amount of your car is you are not providing any service nor are you making any value addition.

The only person liable to pay GST here would be the japanese exchange. But as they do not lie in the Indian borders they are not taxable too. Moreover what you are doing is import of service and not export of service. The only service provider here is the japanese exchange platform which charge a fee and they would surely be paying an indirect tax to their govt as per laws.

Thanks a LOT. But, this only explains the Case 2. Could u please provide your view on Case 1 as well?

newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:58:53 PM

Thanks a LOT. But, this only explains the Case 2. Could u please provide your view on Case 1 as well?

Bitcoin sold directly to another person within India against NEFT/IMPS on LocalBitcoins.com , - Just pay Service Charges mention it you are selling

you have to pay income tax its compulsory
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:23:11 AM

I already said that selling your personal commodity even inter state does counts as a service. For example even if you sell your old car  to someone in other state through quickr and took payment throught NEFT/IMPS. This is not a service. Now put your bitcoins in place of car and localbitcoins in place of quickr. Only gst you will be paying here is on NEFT fees and thats it.
yasminahmed

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:40:23 PM

1. Bitcoin sold directly to another person within India against NEFT/IMPS on LocalBitcoins.com.

Does Bitcoin have any SAC code or a HSN number? If yes, it would attract GST, otherwise no.

No, only if conversion or other service is involved. You can find SAC for such service at https://www.indiafilings.com/find-gst-rate
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:40:29 AM

I don't know about the current situation whether Gst is applied on the Btc to inr conversion or not but I pretty much know if the government gets a chance to get tax and gst involved in the conversion they will definitely put it into play. Indian government just tries to tax every goddam thing they can.
deepakg2m
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 01:44:24 PM

I already said that selling your personal commodity even inter state does counts as a service. For example even if you sell your old car  to someone in other state through quickr and took payment throught NEFT/IMPS. This is not a service. Now put your bitcoins in place of car and localbitcoins in place of quickr. Only gst you will be paying here is on NEFT fees and thats it.

So you mean that we are not paying GST for BITCOIN transactions rather we had to pay GST for the NEFT in which we are doing transactions.Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
RameshSekar111

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:38:03 PM

We have to pay tax if it involves the regular bank transaction.
There is no tax if your transaction is less than 20k per month.
Soundharthulasi

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:09:45 PM

I GST is not applicable to bit coin to inr translate because
Still now indian government not accepted the usage of bit coin ..india kept bitcoin not in use by government
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: