Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:38:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The ASIC device scams are getting a little fancier.  (Read 13279 times)
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:05:14 PM

Amateur sleuthing in Michigan's LARA database turned up
Searched for: CRYONIKS, INC.

ID Num: 05133X

Entity Name: CRYONIKS, INC.

Type of Entity: Domestic Profit Corporation
Resident Agent: RALPH R SAFFORD

Registered Office Address: 40900 WOODWARD AVE STE 275  BLOOMFIELD HILLS   MI  48304
Mailing Address:   MI

Formed Under Act Number(s): 284-1972          

Incorporation/Qualification Date: 4-16-2013

Jurisdiction of Origin: MICHIGAN

Number of Shares: 60,000

Year of Most Recent Annual Report:

Year of Most Recent Annual Report With Officers & Directors:

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=05133X&name_entity=CRYONIKS,%20INC.

The Articles of Incorporation are also available for viewing - nothing interesting just the same registered agent name.

Someone else can take it from here

I have family in that city.  I just might have my brother in law pay him a surprise visit.

Totally should do that  Grin Grin

Another thing I found that is kinda weird-

Domain Privacy Service
   1958 South 950 East
   Provo, Utah 84606
   United States
   Phone: +1.8017659400
   Fax..:
   Email: whois@bluehost.com
   Last modified: 2012-10-18 18:12:21 GMT
Domain servers in listed order:
   NS1.MYBITWIZE.COM
   NS2.MYBITWIZE.COM

Correct me if I am mistaken, but it seems Bitwize made the Cryoniks site and hosts it....their DNS points to Bitwize name servers

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clark3934

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:01:08 AM

Amateur sleuthing in Michigan's LARA database turned up
Searched for: CRYONIKS, INC.

ID Num: 05133X

Entity Name: CRYONIKS, INC.

Type of Entity: Domestic Profit Corporation
Resident Agent: RALPH R SAFFORD

Registered Office Address: 40900 WOODWARD AVE STE 275  BLOOMFIELD HILLS   MI  48304
Mailing Address:   MI

Formed Under Act Number(s): 284-1972          

Incorporation/Qualification Date: 4-16-2013

Jurisdiction of Origin: MICHIGAN

Number of Shares: 60,000

Year of Most Recent Annual Report:

Year of Most Recent Annual Report With Officers & Directors:

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=05133X&name_entity=CRYONIKS,%20INC.

The Articles of Incorporation are also available for viewing - nothing interesting just the same registered agent name.

Someone else can take it from here

I have family in that city.  I just might have my brother in law pay him a surprise visit.

Totally should do that  Grin Grin

Another thing I found that is kinda weird-

Domain Privacy Service
   1958 South 950 East
   Provo, Utah 84606
   United States
   Phone: +1.8017659400
   Fax..:
   Email: whois@bluehost.com
   Last modified: 2012-10-18 18:12:21 GMT
Domain servers in listed order:
   NS1.MYBITWIZE.COM
   NS2.MYBITWIZE.COM

Correct me if I am mistaken, but it seems Bitwize made the Cryoniks site and hosts it....their DNS points to Bitwize name servers

If you look at their facebook page, only one of their posts has a like, and its by some guy in Lebanon. So maybe they did buy a site from them?

Also, if you look through their privacy policy, you'll find a link to a user agreement, which lists the following contact info:

Cryoniks, Inc.
40900 Woodward, Ste. 275
Bloomfield Hills, MI  48304
Attn: Safford & Baker, PLLC

Which confirms the LARA registration and actually seems to be a real law firm: http://www.saffordbaker.com/
Moxiebot

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:19:30 AM

I have family in that city.  I just might have my brother in law pay him a surprise visit.

That'd be awesome... let us know how it goes.
jedunnigan

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:02:16 AM

It got a bit on Mineforman and techcrunch. lol oh boy

http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/23/the-cryonic-bitcoin-mining-machine-is-15000-of-pure-btc-power/
http://mineforeman.com/2013/05/24/new-manufacturer-enters-the-bitcoin-asic-arena-with-the-cryonic-frostbit/
http://www.seattlepi.com/business/press-releases/article/Cryonic-FrostBit-Bitcoin-Miner-Unveiled-to-4543010.php
from
http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/5/prweb10764188.htm
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:13:29 AM

I wonder if they have a Million GH/s super Rig in the works?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

VJLoops

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

LTS Scrypt Asic Preorder :P

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:45:12 PM

I'd pay for gas and lunch for some video evidence. 

I believe this is the man who filed the documents.

www.linkedin.com/in/randysafford
flowdab

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:22:07 PM

Also, the website lists certain trademarks. A search of the USPTO.gov database returns NO results for Cryoniks or Frostbit. They are illegally using the TM designation after their good designations.
Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:31:27 PM

Also, the website lists certain trademarks. A search of the USPTO.gov database returns NO results for Cryoniks or Frostbit. They are illegally using the TM designation after their good designations.

It isn't illegal to use them I think, it just means wherever they appear on their logos and such have zero merit.

flowdab

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:47:12 PM

It isn't illegal to use them I think, it just means wherever they appear on their logos and such have zero merit.

Correct. Poor word choice on my part.
flowdab

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:33:56 PM

The people from Cryonik have posted a pretty lengthy post on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ez8br/cryoniks_inc_lets_talk_frostbittm/
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:23:51 PM

Correct. Poor word choice on my part.

TM is just trademark, and it requires no registration. ® requires registration and is illegal to claim unless registered.

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:19:09 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ez8br/cryoniks_inc_lets_talk_frostbittm/

Oh wow, there is an interessting comment:

This is a scam, /u/CryoniksInc should be tagged as a scammer and shadowbanned. This is a known scam, people have already lost tens of thousands of dollars and the authorities are already involved. But seriously, guys:
we use a custom-modified Stirling Generator that uses Helium Compression Technology to super-cool a custom-designed condenser...
A fool and his money are soon parted, I suppose. Don't give these guys a dime. Ed Trice has been investigated for embezzlement and lost a $2M lawsuit for being a scammer a couple years back. Delaware detectives are currently searching for Ed Trice. Don't go near this scam "company".

But are they the same?

joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:54:15 AM

I heard about it in the Coinbits app news section.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coinbits-free-bitcoin-ticker/id457475022?mt=8

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:16:59 PM

fyi niks is dutch for nothing, funny guyes  cryoniks

Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 04:14:47 PM

Oh wow, there is an interessting comment:

This is a scam, /u/CryoniksInc should be tagged as a scammer and shadowbanned. This is a known scam, people have already lost tens of thousands of dollars and the authorities are already involved. But seriously, guys:
we use a custom-modified Stirling Generator that uses Helium Compression Technology to super-cool a custom-designed condenser...
A fool and his money are soon parted, I suppose. Don't give these guys a dime. Ed Trice has been investigated for embezzlement and lost a $2M lawsuit for being a scammer a couple years back. Delaware detectives are currently searching for Ed Trice. Don't go near this scam "company".

But are they the same?

Sounds like it is probably the same, I've never seen any other companies claim to have such a cooling device.

We need some proof that Trice is part of this, Ill dig around today and see what I can find out. I'm waiting for a DNS change so I have some time on my hands until it propegates  Grin

sleevedbiker

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 04:17:56 PM

https://cryoniks.com

Obvious scam is obvious. Don't preorder these.

May I see your evidence of a scam? Hopefully you're not actually trying to claim that concept art is a scam. I think what you meant to say was, "This might be a scam". Because if something is obviously a scam, than you would have some evidence to back up your claims.

Interestingly enough, these links that were posted that some of you are believing to be credible are claiming ButterflyLabs is legit as so many people on here are misusing the word "scam" toward them as well.
Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 05:54:18 PM

The CEO of Cryoniks has apparently been involved in some other scammery

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crypteks/crypteks-usbtm-encrypted-and-lockable-usb-solution/comments?cursor=2559443

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:56:45 PM

May I see your evidence of a scam? Hopefully you're not actually trying to claim that concept art is a scam. I think what you meant to say was, "This might be a scam". Because if something is obviously a scam, than you would have some evidence to back up your claims.

Interestingly enough, these links that were posted that some of you are believing to be credible are claiming ButterflyLabs is legit as so many people on here are misusing the word "scam" toward them as well.

The website in question is only a scam when they don't deliver. The problem is, their claims are against the laws of phyics, so you call them liars, and if they're accepting funds in exchange for it, you can safely assume they are defacto scammers until proven otherwise.

That said, there is absolutely no chance of getting users of this forum to learn English and use the words "cheat", "lie", "steal", "deceive", "fail" or "mislead". They just love making up definitions so much and bundling them all into words that don't fit so that it gives a better impact for their libel campaigns. Oh the joys of anonymity.

"KFC is a SCAM because they forgot my chicken wing!"

Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 05:57:55 PM

This company that has not proven their device exists in the slightest but are happy to take your money anyway. This is just a fancy website, with a nice graphic, and techno-wizardry sounding PR release (as a technical person can tell you is mostly all a bunch of Gee-whiz! sounding bullshit more at home on an episode of Star Trek), and nothing more.

BFL has shipped some stuff but their business practices are also shady as hell.

Operatr

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 06:13:46 PM

Well, more digging-

The CEO is involved with another business called Crypteks  

Also another thing called Cryptrade  http://www.cryptrade.com/#/home

Notice on the Crypteks Facebook, a like for Bitwize  https://www.facebook.com/crypteks, and Bitwize linkage on the Cryptrade home page with a very similar template used by Cryoniks

Kickstarter that has people questioning them as fraudulent with refund run-arounds   http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crypteks/crypteks-usbtm-encrypted-and-lockable-usb-solution/comments, speculation that the business is actually run from Lebanon

Reddit has plenty to say on this

Particularly-

As horrible as it is for the backers, it's a sad fact that not every company will be able to make it. What's "dark" and terrible about this company is that they chose to neither communicate properly to their backers, nor were competent enough to give refunds.
I've been checking out kickstarter for a while. They do their best to see real material and such before approving projects for their site. While, yes, try do make money regardless of whether the project delivers or not, they DO actively block people to abuse their platform. I mean, they require something real and tangible for most projects. Software is the only real exception there, and perhaps a few games. I think they do a good job policing projects before they get approved. And, if the projects take your money and run, it doesn't look good for them, either.
And, like they've said, and numerous others have said, this is product investment by crowd. It's a risk. You're not pre-ordering or buying a product, you're giving them funding. If thing go the way they're supposed to, you get something back. And, if not, you get a refund. If you don't, some time of legal recourse should be appropriate, or just calling your credit card company and nixing the charge. The only time it's not really a risk is if it's a successful person or company that's finished one project, delivered, and then put another up.
Those guys should be ashamed of themselves for not communicating properly. If they need more time because of delays, say so. If you completely failed, detail why. Crowd-funding isn't just about getting money. It's about small companies and groups learning how to put out products without having massive debts or big name investors reaching down their backs. Some people wouldn't be able to deliver something at all if it wasn't for this model. Sharing your mistakes is more important that sharing your successes. It helps show the way for others. It's not just crowd-funding, it's crowd-learning about entrepreneurship.

Previous registration for another business in MI

TRAKTRADE LLC was formed on 2006-01-12 in Michigan by FAHAD KOUMAIHA.

FORMATION
Universal ID
MI-B7333X
Name
TRAKTRADE LLC
Registration Number
B7333X
Type
Domestic Limited Liability Company
Kind
Domestic Limited Liabilit
Status
ACTIVE, BUT NOT IN GOOD STANDING AS OF 2-17-2009 (just means they didn't refile the LLC)
Formation Date
2006-01-12
OFFICERS
Registered Agent
FAHAD KOUMAIHA

It seems like Ed Trice is all over this too with previous scammery involving these nitrogen cooling units but I havn't found any solid linkage there

RED ALERT

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: