Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:56:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Need help moving a wallet  (Read 393 times)
KingSlamma (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:36:09 PM

Hi All

I am new here and to bitcoin.
I need help moving my Bitcoin-QT wallet, version 0.8.0.

If someone could help me with this or point me to the proper thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you  Smiley
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jmbinfo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:49:34 PM

Be careful with that. I'm afraid you are either going to lose what's in it or someone is going to help themselves to it.
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:53:36 PM

transfer it to blockchain.info

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
Mogumodz

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:55:58 PM

Simply back up the wallet.dat from file, backup wallet. (I save it twice while I move things or update them)
Remove or install the new version by simply running the new version and installing over the old version.

*If you updated no need to move it back* - If moving simply follow below.

Put wallet.dat in your %appdata%/Bitcoin folder unless you moved it with -datadir= on your QT shortcut.

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
neurobox

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

Getting too old for all this.

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:01:32 PM

If you don't want to move it to another qt wallet, you need the private key for your address (use "dumpprivkey <address>" in debug window). Copy it somewhere safe, and keep it private! You can then import it into the aforementioned blockchain.info wallet (Import/Export) or even another qt wallet (using "importprivkey <private key> <label>").
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: