Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad?  (Read 31491 times)
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 05:23:29 PM

Catch22 this one i think.  Its kind of good and bad really.  I don't think its necessarily a bad thing particularly in response to the small percentage of Scam type of ICO's out there.  Regulation may well just make some devs to think twice or think again before embarking on ICO's aimed solely at lining their personal pockets.  I highly doubt that any state/government would ever be able to actually regulate Crypto currencies adequately. Where i think it might become bad is if or when we lose control of when (in terms of time) to trade cyrpto for fiat. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Schocksen

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:28:24 PM

I think it would be good because there is a lot of scam and let people think bad about the technology. In my opinion every second ICO is bullshit and responsible for a future bubble.

SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:31:37 PM

ICO regulation is very much needed. This will not only help in safeguarding investors from possible scams but can also give legit ICO a better platform by eliminating scam ICOs from the competetion. Hundreds of ICOs are coming every month and it becomes hard for ICO to marketise themselves well. With less competition, with a trustworthy reputation of being legit, ICOs can attract more investors.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 05:32:09 PM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
For me it's good because regulating ICO's can protect people from scam. I think if all the governments will have to implement such regulations to ICO's we would expect a decrease in projects with coin offering because of taxes and any additional restrictions. For me it is okay to have fewer but legit ICO's than having thousands of too good to be true coin offerings which scammers usually created. They can only regulate exchanges and ICO's but not the the whole crypto world unless all of them prohibit the use of internet. I am not a trader but just my expectations or thoughts on regulating ICO's.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:40:05 PM

I think regulating ICOs is a good decision for china, if not we will see more and more scams
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:03:47 PM

I think banning ICO's is bad, but regulations could be a way forward. It would all depend on what the regulations are and how strict they become.

Regulations shouldn't be feared by any good ICO that has actual value. Currently it is too easy for anyone to launch a ICO and potentially make a lot of cash.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:34:01 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 06:44:16 PM by CryptoBuds

The consequences of ICO regulation should bring new big money due to higher confidence and the lack of scam projects. I believe it will be useful in middle term.
But at the long term they would be harmful for ICO at all...

ccccccc7

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:41:01 PM

As being written above, I also think that regulation will help against scammers and they will have to be responsible for the money the get.
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:43:14 PM

I think that  in regulation there are both its advantages and its disadvantages.

Crypto Tanya

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:43:17 AM

In the business sector without regulations it is very important that business entities are transparent and that they self - regulate. ICOs with a clear path and intentions should set standard for other ICOs.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:48:28 AM

It's not that bad as it means that your country authorizes ICOs and they are recognizing it.

But it will be no longer decentralized if they are going to regulate ICO's, just like what China is doing now they are just waiting for the regulatory laws before lifting the ban.

Licensing isn't bad for the ICOs that will display their project.

Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:56:32 AM

maybe its good for future, but its bad now, because many people including me cant participate in ico now, and receive many refunds from the team funder, i missed many good peojects due to regulation

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:06:41 AM

I think that any regulation at crypto is naturally first of all. This industry attracts too much money. Moreover it becomes a real threat for governments. It's not so pleasurably now, but it should benefit in the form of a huge amount of legit business money in future.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:22:44 AM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
I dont think it will be that bad because besides getting more investors which are professionals, it will have a healthier environment now that it has been regulated and there will be lesser scams because of it. The bad side besides ICO tokens getting more expensive, for sure it will get more regulated and it might not be as profitable as it is now anymore. Also, it will be more difficult to invest into because even investors will be regulated.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:34:06 AM

If it is properly done, regulation of ICOs should be encouraged. It's a right step to be taken when we factor in the amount of money circulating around these ICOs. If we look at it very well, the step should curb the excesses of devs and safeguard investors against scam. The only nag though may be that regulation kills the idea of decentralization which many coins are built around.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:38:10 AM

From a nation's perspective, ICOs must be regulated or else it would lead to endless funds going out of the country without any accounting and this could be leveled as tax evasion. Having a check on the investors who participate in ICOs or even plain banning them is a country's dire efforts to make its citizens  aware that their money is not safe, how much ever promising the ICO is looking. With that being said, there are still ways to go around these regulations and get some tokens but it comes with great risk which isn't really worth taking for an investor.
Crypto Tanya

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:52:47 AM

If it is properly done, regulation of ICOs should be encouraged. It's a right step to be taken when we factor in the amount of money circulating around these ICOs. If we look at it very well, the step should curb the excesses of devs and safeguard investors against scam. The only nag though may be that regulation kills the idea of decentralization which many coins are built around.

I totally agree - regulation is needed, but it can kill the idea of decentralization. But if the scams would be called out by the distinguished people and the press in crypto industry, even now the ICO market would not resemble the Wild West.
rajakoin1994

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:59:08 AM

I think it will definitely be bad for ico founders and the participants ..
Because with the new regulations there will be more costs to be incurred.
But the problem is not good or bad. Sooner or later there will be rules enforced for ico because the turnover of money in this ico world is very high.
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:06:51 PM

I think it will definitely be bad for ico founders and the participants ..
Because with the new regulations there will be more costs to be incurred.
But the problem is not good or bad. Sooner or later there will be rules enforced for ico because the turnover of money in this ico world is very high.
too many people lost their money because scam ICO, so regulation is very needed. But it's also bad if regulation is too strict, because ICO is helping people to learn about investing and launching business
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:55:41 PM

It is actually meant to be good thing. I mean just normal regulation, not ban. But it is definitely going to kill some people's desire to create more icos for sure.
Regulation is a good thing, it aims to protect investors from being theft by fake developers. There will be legitimate ICOs and projects when there are good regulation. We can invest without fear of being scammed. I expect the regulation will be friendly to developers and investors but strict to fake and unrealistic projects.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: