Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad?  (Read 31491 times)
nomenclatur

Activity: 1344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 09:42:00 AM

I think ICO regulation is good! Too many ICO scam!

That's not the reason ICO should regulate, But the uncontrollable market cap of cryptocurrency are inflating. The government is worried about this because it's really affecting the economy of an estate because people can invest freely without a tax. ICO regulation is good but the FUD around is very bad and dragging crypto price down.

The problem is that no one can set ICO in online business because they do not have an official office in their country, the Government can not manage the business that comes from other countries let alone can not arrange anything that happens in internet business. I do not think this is effective and the only solution is the establishment of an escrow made by the government legally.

█▀▄        ▄▀█
      █ ▄▄▀▄    ▄▀▄▄ █
     █ █  █ ▀▄▄▀ █  █ █
    █ █ █▌ █▄▄▄▄█ ▐█ █ █
   █ █ █ ▐▙▄   ▄▟▌ █ █ █
  █ █ █  ▄ ▀▀  ▀▀ ▄  █ █ █
 █ █ █ █▀▀▀▄▄▐▌▄▄▀▀▀█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █     ▄▀▀▄     █ █ █ █
 █ █ █ █    ▀▄▄▄    █ █ █ █
  █ █ █ █   ▄   █  █ █ █ █
   █ █ █ █   ▀█▀  █ █ █ █
    █ █ █ █      █ █ █ █
     █ █ █        █ █ █
      █ █ █      █ █ █
       █ █        █ █
        █ █      █ █
         █        █
E S C R O W
P R O T O C O L
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PLATFORM 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▎
   ▐▌
   ██
   ██

██
   ██
   ██
  ████
▄██████▄
█████
 ▀▀██▀▀
  ████
 ██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram 
Facebook  ⚒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  █▒▒▒ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     ▀▀ █▒▒██████▒▒▒▒█
        █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     █▒▒███████▒▒▒█
  █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █
█▒▒▒▒████████████
█▒▒▒▀▒▒ ▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▀▄
   █▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  █
     ███████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Youtube
⚒  Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀
sheld0n (OP)

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:06:24 AM

It is also a good opportunity for small businesses which struggle to get loan from banks. In many countries only big and international operating companies get a loan for investment with fair conditions. In Europe you can see this in many southern states like Italy, Spain, Portugal etc. Same holds to many other countries in the world. ICOs fill a economical gap in my view. But they must be regulated.

ICO regulation is good for the economy growth of the country.it should not be banned.ICO is a very good investment for individuals.but it should be regulared
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:46:56 AM

ICO regulation bad or good Huh i think it depends on the regulations itself i mean what censorship and restriction will imposed on ?[/color]
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:53:02 AM

Bad, because governments will use it to get their foot in the door and regulate everything, one day soon you may need a licence to trade.

That's why we need to start using decentralised exchanges like Waves and Bitshares, and getting our money out using local bitcoin. Make it so they can't regulate anything.

OZZYMANDIAS

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 11:05:39 AM

there are positives and negatives to this, on one hand it will push the scammers away, which is good, on the other hand it would introduce a system which is no longer decentralized, automatically defeating the true purpose of ICO in the first place.
wordspavovv

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:21:11 AM

ICOs is one of the best things we have for the economy , people, and the progress of the world! ICOs give power to people with vision to bring ideas to light and other people to help come true! Think Steemit, Think Lykke, Thing SiaCoin, etc etc these ware ICOs, and this form of investment just started! Is the future and governments for another one time destroy humanity progress for their self fish interests, TAXES
Regulations is the only thing that Govs care, and I don't like the idea of regulations. This may give common people more effort to invest to ICOs but knowing that govs doing this just for the taxes I don't like it! 20% of ICO money will go to gov from now on. I don't like this fact  Angry

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pally

Activity: 177

Pally - Decentralised Social Travel

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 11:28:20 AM

there are positives and negatives to this, on one hand it will push the scammers away, which is good, on the other hand it would introduce a system which is no longer decentralized, automatically defeating the true purpose of ICO in the first place.

Completely agree with this statement.. there must be a happy medium to strike between weeding out all the scam projects out there and then keeping the awesome idea of ICOs alive in its current form where it allows a democratisation of who get to invest in companies that aren't of a traditional IPO size and maturity.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:37:06 AM

There are many fake/scam ICOs that needs to be given specific actions. Though there are some good ICOs that gives a nice amount of bitcoin there is a greater number of ICOs that are considerably fake.
shenjing85

Activity: 364

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:39:42 AM

If the regulation is made in a good way, it's a good point. The market is a mess right now, and everybody knows that the cryptocurrencies are way too volatile...

Yes, I agree with you, the most important thing is how to regulate the ICO, I think the Chinese government did a wrong way since they ban the ICO and even close all the exchanges.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

stuartb

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:54:17 AM

Every top regulation is bad. Every regulation means that somebody is in furious, that easy bites takes from him away.
No one  of his own will does not think of other people. Especially bankers or rulers.
People whose was became cheated a couple of times, they will warn themselves about cheaters.
The market itself will determine the rules of operation.
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:54:53 AM

its bad to have regulation on a decentralised system. its your fault for throwing money at a scam

Exactly, all these people calling for regulation are handing cryptocurrencies over to central banks, Goldman Sachs and J.P Morgan. These people would love to regulate cryptocurrencies the way they do gold and fiat. This is a club, and we ain't in it.

The people who lost money on ICOs, it's your own damn fault, you have nothing to blame but your own FOMO and lazyness. Many of these scams looked dodgy from the start, with only a little research.

If governments step in it will be the end of cryptocurrencies as we know them, they will keep taking inches until they take a mile. Doing simple transactions will require I.D, they will want to know everything you're doing. Just like when you want to withdraw large amounts from the bank and you get asked questions.

The complete opposite of what cryptocurrencies are supposed to be, decentralised peer-to-peer trade.

Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:02:10 PM

Never the pension funds will not invest in cryptocurrencies. This is a very risky and unpredictable asset. In the event that the pension Fund go bankrupt would be more problems that will fall heavy on the budget. For this reason, the government will not invest in crypto. The government cannot ban the cryptocurrency. About reliable regulation not even dream of. I think that all official bodies will be to stay away from cryptocurrencies.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
LuckyCheetah

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:57:35 PM

Regulation is a good thing as absence of regulation does not mean absence of control in most cases -  it's just control by greater market participants or project leads then. Also it's likely the only way to establish lasting relations with other financial institutions.

I think working with some countries may turn out too taxing, there are many who would want to get too much own control on what is mostly international projects.
rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:21:16 PM

ICO regulation's I am fine with, but I don't want it to blow over to bitcoin and get bitcoin more regulated (for as far as that would be possible).
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:25:08 PM

ICO regulation is good for the economy growth of the country.it should not be banned.ICO is a very good investment for individuals.but it should be regulared

Regulation is important from the point of view of investors in order to safer guard their money. It is possible that after raising the ICO they investors can vanish leaving you in a loss or due to manipulation the prices crash after ICO etc so this all can be avoided if its regulated. Yes for investor we can get in Pre - ICO stage of ICO coins at some discounted rates.
minbosen

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:29:18 PM

Regulation is a good thing as absence of regulation does not mean absence of control in most cases -  it's just control by greater market participants or project leads then. Also it's likely the only way to establish lasting relations with other financial institutions.

I think working with some countries may turn out too taxing, there are many who would want to get too much own control on what is mostly international projects.

I think the decentralization means out of control for the government, so they do not like this mode and they want to control it by themselves, so we should not hope the regulation will bring much good news for crypto world.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████