Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad?  (Read 31491 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:09:32 AM

It's happening to stop individuals and organizations that don't meet gov criteria (they get their cut of the pie) from profiting without going through those same institutions that crypto is designed to bypass. It's pretty obvious if you think of it. Bankers control politicians, politicians control regulatory branches and once again the people are getting squeezed out.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onpages

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:30:40 AM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
I think it's pretty good if ICO is governed by the state. because the country will minimize the many ICO Fraud happening right now.
as for the effect that will happen is not going to many ICO that will roam freely.
DeltaX

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:32:09 AM

I don't know if regulation would be the correct one, but should yes end up with so much ICO scam that is being released. This is all the fault of the ETH.
Regulation will become a best decision to avoid the scam ico but what the heck are you doing by blame the ethereum as a thief in this case, look at your self dude, you are promoting icos. and it may run in the ethereum platform too.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:42:05 AM

As ICO regulations imposed, of course for the good of the entire community. And everyone in this forum can gained benefits from this,. Actually this is just a way in order to have a smooth transaction or flow in the forum that give a huge impact in the crypto world.
CasualSam

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:54:43 AM

I don't know if regulation would be the correct one, but should yes end up with so much ICO scam that is being released. This is all the fault of the ETH.

It has gotten worse since eth, but ico scams were always a problem.
XFlowZion

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:00:18 AM

Good for me because every month I can say that 1/100 ICO announcements is legit.
vasavala

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:17:58 PM

Every difficult thing connected with money should be regulated. But we need a special organization which regulates it without corruption and not for personal purposes.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:33:45 PM

The problem is all the morons that just buy in without doing their due diligence gives the regulators a reason to step in.

DO YOUR FUCKING HOMEWORK!!!

And if you don't know how pay someone to do it for you.

We don't need any fucking nanny state stepping in we already have fucking banks goddamn it.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
steveouttrim

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:56:29 PM

I agree with Hueristic, the answer is more due diligence, not more regulation. Don't expect the government to do your due diligence for you. I expect more professional firms and funds will emerge that offer this filtering service for investors, taking a small percentage for their troubles. Probably worth it to reduce risk and improve returns.
ludovicvuillier

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 06:14:10 AM

I agree with Hueristic, the answer is more due diligence, not more regulation. Don't expect the government to do your due diligence for you. I expect more professional firms and funds will emerge that offer this filtering service for investors, taking a small percentage for their troubles. Probably worth it to reduce risk and improve returns.

I have personal experience with regulation - I'm an advisor to a company that helps firms get regulated. I can tell you that some regulations are just simple rubber stamps that provide no real value to consumers/ investors; whereas some regulation procedures weed out the filth that an individual may not be able to weed out without investing a lot of money.
And please don't be offended but the idea that private firms have less bias/ interest than a government is very naive.
Such firms will exist anyway to weed out the good investments from the bad investments but that is unrelated to regulation.

hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:21:41 AM

Every difficult thing connected with money should be regulated. But we need a special organization which regulates it without corruption and not for personal purposes.
This means that we should undergo of verifying of which ICO is good before investing. Aside from regulations there is need of whole surveillance of all ico's to filter which is good and bad. These is needed for all users, investors because these way can lessen those scam project.
ludovicvuillier

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 06:33:41 AM

This means that we should undergo of verifying of which ICO is good before investing. Aside from regulations there is need of whole surveillance of all ico's to filter which is good and bad. These is needed for all users, investors because these way can lessen those scam project.

The problem isn't only scam projects. The problem is also criminal money being laundered via ICOs.

koumpesbtc

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 06:40:05 AM

Regulation is very good, exactly because of all these scams that float around us. ETH may have enabled somehow scams but it not the one to blame. People made the scams not a coin. Those are to be blamed, because they are the ones giving this really free market a bad name. They are giving the excuse to bank propaganda that paints black crypto currency. They are the ones that drive away people from investing in real ICOs that actual need funding.

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol    
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 06:55:44 AM

Regulations are always healthy for any thing otherwise anyone can do illegal activity, whather it's forex, cryptocurrency or any money market. IF market regulated, then no one do fraud with its investors as he knows that stringent action will be taken against him if he disown regulations and no one ignore rules and it makes market healthy and sustainable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
ludovicvuillier

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 06:57:41 AM

Regulations are always healthy for any thing otherwise anyone can do illegal activity, whather it's forex, cryptocurrency or any money market. IF market regulated, then no one do fraud with its investors as he knows that stringent action will be taken against him if he disown regulations and no one ignore rules and it makes market healthy and sustainable.

I half agree with you. Fraud will always happen since some firms just pay the fines and move on. I work in the industry and I guarantee you that the amount of fines some companies pay and just continue their business in the same way is astounding.

Having said that, I do believe regulation is a good thing (which is why I am working on it with our ICO) since it greatly lowers those possibilities.

wavespump

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:59:47 AM

It is good, but ban whole ICO like China is bad, they did silly regulations to ban all.
ludovicvuillier

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 07:07:09 AM

It is good, but ban whole ICO like China is bad, they did silly regulations to ban all.

They're starting to backtrack on it. I believe they never intended the ban to be long term. They're too focused on the long term to make such a mistake.

sculptoris

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:10:03 AM

The final goal of any regulation is protection. Ok, maybe in the perfect world. But anyway, I believe "ICO regulation" is not a single, pre-defined substance so that we could say whether it is good or not. One regulation might be good, another one might be bad. What seems to be more interesting to me is what a good regulation is or would be (along with what a bad one is as well).
ludovicvuillier

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 07:11:23 AM

The final goal of any regulation is protection. Ok, maybe in the perfect world. But anyway, I believe "ICO regulation" is not a single, pre-defined substance so that we could say whether it is good or not. One regulation might be good, another one might be bad. What seems to be more interesting to me is what a good regulation is or would be (along with what a bad one is as well).

Agreed. Do you have any ideas? This is a discussion I find immensely interesting.

sculptoris

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:19:11 AM

Agreed. Do you have any ideas? This is a discussion I find immensely interesting.

Well, the one thing I can say right away is I believe that ban is not regulation. In fact.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: