Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:57:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad?  (Read 31491 times)
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:02:42 AM

Precious Metal manipulation, LIBOR manipulation, insider trading, delayed market info etc etc..  Even regulated markets are risky and no amount of regulation will fix it.  

So I say, investors should do their own due dilligence and rely more on the reputation of the project.  eg LISK has open books, public meetings, real people with real names etc, which is therefore a more trustworthy project than a completely anonymous project with little in the way of accountability.  

The market will price it in, the forums encourage people to share their stories and in the end a good project will do well, and a shitty one will taper off. A regulator is not going to return anyones lost funds regardless, and an "approved" idea might also fail.

Look at BTC.. That is an example of the market accepting that the founder is anonymous (and therefore not possible to be an "approved" ICO), but the project is a runaway success.  

Buying into an as yet not realised idea is always going to be a gamble and high risk. I've bought in too early a few times, now I'm not going to invest in any ICO because "most of the time" two months later, the token or whatever is involved will be half price or less.  And then has to stand on it's own merit and show actual viability to be priced above the ICO price, so better off buying the dip and seeing what people are saying after the launch if you think it's got potential.

But I get that exchanges need to protect themselves as well.  So regulation in the country the exchange operators are in makes sense.  But how is a regulator going to be able to evaluate the state of an ICO on behalf of an exchange who wants to or has been paid to list a particular token/coin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:17:29 AM

The need to regulate the implementation of ICO projects has long been ripe. This should be done by specific states on its territory. Regulation should include the ability to identify the team of this project and check for professional suitability for this in order to reduce the likelihood of fraud risks and protect the rights of investors and other persons participating in this ICO.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
staceyoh

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:20:35 AM

For me ICO regulation is really a good
thing. And I suggest the Tokenlab for
you guys, it is really a great project.
The nice thing about it is that it protects
both participant and the creator.
Jenna_G

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:29:50 AM

I believe that regulations will help us and reduce the amount of similar icos and scam. Of course regulation need to be smart, and give opportunity for good projects with good ideas. I think it helps us save our money and time for reading information about hundreds  icos
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:04:17 AM

Yes I think it's a good thing to have regulations so that people can easily issue ICO’s while being tight enough so that people don’t obviously get scammed. There are some good ICOs, but they should have terms, conditions, incentives and protections.

Regulation in each ICO is very important, so that anyone will partake in it will have an idea about the terms and conditions it has. And so far, this was being implemented to all ICO that I encountered every time I tried to applied there whether participants of their bounty or investors.
Crypto Tanya

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:27:14 AM

Yes I think it's a good thing to have regulations so that people can easily issue ICO’s while being tight enough so that people don’t obviously get scammed. There are some good ICOs, but they should have terms, conditions, incentives and protections.

Regulation in each ICO is very important, so that anyone will partake in it will have an idea about the terms and conditions it has. And so far, this was being implemented to all ICO that I encountered every time I tried to applied there whether participants of their bounty or investors.

I must say I agree, good point!
cryptopussies

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:09:45 AM

yes ICOs need to be regulated so decrease the scam ICOs,but ban is not a good idea.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
SHIFTCASH

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:49:32 AM

i think ICO regulation should be launched to help control irregularities and scams.There are soo much ICO's upcoming this days without unrealistic white paper and business model.

juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:52:35 AM

i think ICO regulation should be launched to help control irregularities and scams.There are soo much ICO's upcoming this days without unrealistic white paper and business model.

That is what I want to say, also some measures like KYC are very effective to do that, and all the investors should read carefully about the whitepaper before sending your eth or btc to the ico address.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:54:35 AM

In order to improve the stance of ICO and bitcoins and altcoin to the world and to other countries not accepting it isn't bad. However, the concept of bitcoin being decentralized will be taken out and prices for bitcoin and altcoins will sure increase due to the interval from other regulatory agency it will become on investors. I guess it would be good or bad depending upon the acceptance of the bitcoin and alt coin users.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:59:28 AM

ICO regulations whether good or bad is required now. Instead of countries banning ICOs, they should try to regulate it. This way they wont restrict new companies to come up and can successfully safegaurd people from ICO scam which is getting way too common now. Everyday new ICOs are popping up without any solid project and have created a mess which cause a raising issue for legit projects as well. Regulations are very much required right now.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:06:25 AM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
I am dispose for ICO regulations because of the activities of scam and fraud stars. Many people have been scammed and millions dollars lost from scam ICO projects and allows this to continue will destroy blockchain technology and crypto currencies industry.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:23:07 AM

ICO regulations whether good or bad is required now. Instead of countries banning ICOs, they should try to regulate it. This way they wont restrict new companies to come up and can successfully safegaurd people from ICO scam which is getting way too common now. Everyday new ICOs are popping up without any solid project and have created a mess which cause a raising issue for legit projects as well. Regulations are very much required right now.

I think the big profit of ICO will be over, more regulations will come, just like other markets like stock market, I hope the ICO to be regulated by some big organizations rather than some governments.
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:35:27 AM

ICO regulation isn't a bad thing....I won't say 'Good' unless it doesn't really mess with the 'centralization' concept.

Last thing any Crypto Enthusiast likes to see is a government that allows their citizens to invest in any ICO and even to adopt BTC and other Crypto Currencies but under the condition that every single activity, transaction or payment should first go through their system!....That will simply ruin everything

nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:57:31 PM

I think that this will reduce the number of conducted companies by 90 percent, and to start the project, it will take a lot more money if you take into account that documents will be needed and so on. For small investors, I think this will be very bad, since their deposits are limited to 10 thousand dollars

barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:15:11 PM

I don't think that ICO regulation is good. I hope there's a way to improve its regulation.

inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:17:41 AM

In my side i thing regulation is not a bad thing it is because we will be authorized by the authority but the disadvantage is there will be people who will be lazy in creating ICOs because of the regulation that is why for me that is the disadvantage while the advantage of having an authority in this kind of thing is there will be a monitoring if the ICOs are scam and will be banned if they are not doing the right thing but I hope the regulation will be improved in case it will happen.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:29:08 AM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
I think it is not bad. There are many advantages that we can have from of ICO. There are many jobs that are created because of the bitcoin and there are many people who have now job because of ICO. I think ICO is really necessary.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:07:39 AM

ico arrangements by the state will better guarantee its security, because ico is implemented will be more organized and selected

dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:17:51 AM

The regulation of the ICO should be to some extent, after all, each of us can be deceived. It is important that this regulation is not political and it was only the purpose of protecting the population. I think this is still far away.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: