Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:40:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad?  (Read 31493 times)
tisoysoy
Copper Member

Activity: 362
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:30:37 PM

For me it is preferable to have regulated ico. In this case we can avoid a good part of scams
For now, I can say it's bad because it's often scams when project able to releases, I believe there's a reason for that which is behind the market regulation. Although it comes in that situation I'm still waiting for the market recovery.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:33:34 PM

Regulation will help get rid of scams and attract new investors who are afraid to invest their money is unclear where. The main thing that this regulation was adequate. Protecting the rights of investors will not hurt, but the introduction of various prohibitions and unnecessary rules could have a negative impact on us.

cryptofuturologist

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:35:44 PM

I do not think that the government should interfere in cryptocurrency. It seems to me that the cryptocurrency should remain decentralized and unregulated.

coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:59:53 PM

I am not a fun of regulation as Crypto should be decentralized.
It would be nice to have a world wide  self regulated. decentralized model for ICOs which would secure  investors from scammers.
It is easier to be said than done.
Every investment has it`s risks and regulations are needed to make the projects transparent and to clean up  the market from fake projects.
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 06:40:08 PM

I think most of the cases ICO regulations are good. I am not saying about baning things but  regulate it make it easy for general investors. Cause in last few months we saw a lots of ICO scams and failed ICO. So it will be better if there are some rules to follow by the ICO devlopers. But there will be some problem like the quantity of ICO  will be less. But the whole ecosystem will be more secure for investors which is very needed at this moment. So I think regulate ICOs is a very good Idea.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:00:13 PM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

Just governments want a share of the investment. It is very difficult. I think that if all projects become regulated, the percentage of profits will fall. And the investment will be menia interest investors.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:01:45 PM

There is no regulation on ICO now, as man group or people can do their own ICO to scam people.
But most people in the community of cryptocurrency wants to have regulation in every ICO to clean the community and get rid of many SCAMMERS.
michael23

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:25:38 PM

This is good for the cryptocurrency market, but there is nothing unambiguous. ICO regulation will come out sideways, as many projects will simply die. But in the long run, it's good.
jpnl0008

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:28:09 PM

i personally do not want or approve of the ICO undergoing regulations as it is targeted at decentralising the blockchain technology which happens to be the very major reason for the innovation of the technology but then on a second note. considering the bearish market over the months, if the regulations will aid in giving a bull run then i have no option but to approve of it.
Gabali126

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:37:25 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2018, 12:06:50 AM by Gabali126

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
The regulation of a thing has both good and bad effects depending on how it is applied on the crypto market. It could attract bigger organisations and corporations to crypto.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
jpnl0005

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:39:47 PM

over time, it has been observed that power when centralised causes a high degree of corruption and that is one of the reasons for the innovation of the blockchain technology where everybody controls what he or she wants in an anonymous form and manner. the regulations were not designed to be but if the need arises for regulations to thrive then it should not be disputed as long as it acts for the better
bignice

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:40:00 PM

This rule is great for developing Cryptocurrency. In this case, the state will certainly regulate everything about crypto. So that more crypto investors will enter because the government must have passed crypto.
GmBoom

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 02:32:17 PM

When this will be fully regulated, the play of ICO will become more professional way. Because the investor are fully legit and verified. Whats best of it, is that the possible ico can no longer harm us. Because the ico will be now regulated.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:36:31 PM

I think there ICO's regulation is not bad, but it needs a proper or a regulation so that we can looked the situation how it works. And the investor's are not afraid for taking the risk.So if the regulation will be organize, i think the price in the market is going smoothly.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
youcansee

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:40:34 PM

It is a great idea to regulate ICO because we need to find a way of how to protect investors from different art of scam projects. Because otherwise we will lose a lot of audience and maybe the whole ICO market will die.

The idea of regulation is good and bad at the same time. It contradicts the idea of the market and decentralization! In the market, the principle of natural selection should prevail, that's more relevant.
I really agree with you, with us seeing nature that changes all market conditions with the strom that occurs, we can see which good coins can still last until the strom passes

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:43:47 PM

When this will be fully regulated, the play of ICO will become more professional way. Because the investor are fully legit and verified. Whats best of it, is that the possible ico can no longer harm us. Because the ico will be now regulated.
Do not forget that when the ICO will be regulated, then most likely it will regulate making money on the bounty campaigns and everyone will have to pass KYC

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:41:25 PM

I think if ICOs are regulated, then there will be less scams in this sphere. And there will be more responsibility that the organizers have in ICOs.
investtra

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:51:47 PM

I am sure if regulation will have a very positive impact. The government, in this case, will provide rules for all matters relating to crypto and this regulation certainly has a good purpose. So this impact will make more investors enter.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
baeva2

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:00:46 PM

ICO regulation is good if it is within reasonable limits. But it is always introduced infringing not only the interests of project developers, but also all participants of the companies.
nwanne

Activity: 280

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:11:21 PM

I think regulation for the short time been it is bad for cryptos because it will hurt the market as we are witnessing at the moment, but in the long run, it will benefit the people in the space, because there will be less scam in the space.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: