Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad?  (Read 31491 times)
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 03:30:04 PM

Regulating ICO is a good thing for there is a lot of scam ICOs. This will reduce the scams ICOs projects. The crypto space needs to be regulated and the bad weeds cleared so as to have a clean and healthy crypto market where investors will have less fear of being scammed of their hard earn funds
Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 03:35:09 PM

Even though blockchain technology actually frowns upon any central authority currently i think it will be very prudent to regulate ICOs in the cryptospace because currently so many projects are failing because of poor planning and also the number of scams that have risen in the crypto community have also risen and this has driven so many investors away. Regulation of ICOs would help reduce the number of scam projects and also bring other investors on board.

saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 03:38:21 PM

I believe that regulation can clear the market of a large number of fraudsters who have appeared on the ICO market
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 03:47:53 PM

Off course that was good to make an influent to crypto, so a lot of people will know what is crypto is and how this becomes a business opportunities on the future, that will be a hype out there

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:06:04 PM

I think that ICO projects need to be regulated. This will reduce the likelihood of meeting with scam projects. After all, today, because of the many low-grade projects that were invested by early investors, they (early investors) have already refused to participate in ICO, and possibly from investing in crypto currency in general. Also, such projects, after reaching their financial goals, can simply sell all the collected eth, which significantly affects the exchange rate on the market.
All of these factors don't improve the acceptance of crypto currency by the community. That is why I think that ICO needs regulation.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
drrekkty

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:09:10 PM

Ico regulation is definitely something good. Probably it is the best decision ever. Right now there is no regulation and ICO format is dead
SvetikB

Activity: 504
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 05:02:33 PM

Different sides have their own advantages. For example, regulation can create obstacles even for the honest developers and organizators. For us, regulation is good because it gives some insurance

ConvallAria

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:43:55 PM

I thought that regulating the ICO industry would not increase the quality of these projects. That is why I am against regulation.

Pontorez

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:31:38 PM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

I am fully convinced that today effective regulation of the ICO is necessary. It is of great importance for the development of the crypto market, will allow to restore confidence among investors and attract additional money. But before such regulatory opportunities appear, it will be necessary to wait at least several years.
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:42:54 PM

I thought that regulating the ICO industry would not increase the quality of these projects. That is why I am against regulation.
Quite the opposite the regulation will stimulate project with better quality and at the same time ensuring the investors fund from any phishy scammy fraudsters.
Imagine an ICO without all these project there would be messed up ICO where there's so many fraud happen within the ecosystem.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:44:39 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2018, 04:24:32 PM by masterrex

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.
In my personal opinion ICO's and other means of crowdfunding activities must be regulated to give  more assurance and security to its investors and also to deter scam modus of shady ICO's and other crowdfunding activities. So regulation on ICO's is needed the most! and its not bad at all.
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:54:42 PM

I think ICO regulations is much needed one and I fully support the strict regulations. Then it will keep scammers away and it will safeguard the investments of all type of investors.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
furball64

Activity: 271

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 06:08:51 PM

Only after you put your money in the hands of fraudsters, only then will you realize that the regulation of ICO is not so bad.
I agree that the crypto market was regulated for ICO.

De Young

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:49:18 PM

Regulating the ICO market means that businesses would become legally obligated to deliver on the mission and business plan they set out during the ICO. So, there would be less incentive to change plans and take greater risks, providing assurance for investors.  In the case of hacked ICOs, investors would also be able to claim some of their money back under a regulated scheme, similar to IPOs. These assurances are likely to attract more investors with greater capital holdings, potentially helping ICOs raise even greater funds far quicker. In my opinion, Regulation of ICO will have positive influence on the ICO.
belcini

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:32:39 AM

Undoubtedly, today ICO remains a promising and profitable investment destination, despite the big problems of the entire crypto market. Unfortunately, now the number of fraudsters has increased significantly, which negatively affects investor confidence. I really hope that this situation in the future will change for the better.

In Bitcoin we Trust!!!
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:44:56 AM

We'd like to see how things will look like if ICO is moderated, right now its not so many failed and scam ICO right now, I read about STO as more secured for investors, but the one STO project that I know DESICO did not pay their bounty hunters because it is against STO policy, so it's going to be bad for bounty hunters if that is the case.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:49:55 AM

I think regulating the number of ICOs in the crypto space is a great idea and it would help reduce the number of scam projects in circulation. Also it would save investors the trouble of losing their monies to some unrealistic projects.

Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:53:59 AM

ICO do not need regulation have higher price after listing at exchange market, just we need responsibility from owner how they can make their ICO is success at selling and could be success with listing at greatest market without have delay for listing.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:41:05 AM

We have long been awaiting regulation of ICO activities. Such regulation has already been late for several years, so fraud in this kind of activity has reached a threatening scale. Considering that fraud in any state is a crime, states have long ago had to react to the growth of such crimes.
If the regulation of ICO activity is moderate, this will have a very positive effect on the popularity of ICO. If the rights of investors in this kind of activity are reliably protected, then the investment in ICO will increase again.
Igor.J

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:45:49 AM

ICO regulation is the most correct way for further development, we repeatedly hear about deception and non-payment. So here are some advantages and no barriers to execution.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: