Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:50:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone breakdown / explain the Mempool?  (Read 196 times)
New2coin (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:59:28 PM

Mempool graph ---> https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h

I've been doing quite a bit of research on the Mempool.. still dont feel like I have the best understanding of it. From what I understand the mempool will tell you how many transactions, unconfirmed and pending transactions.

On the graph that says unconfirmed now there's roughly 1800 unconfirmed transactions @ 5 sat/b, how do I know if that a lot or not many? How do I gauge what sat/b fee I'd want to pay?

On the graph that says pending. At 10 sat/b there is roughly 2.3 BTC pending, how do I gauge if this is a lot or not?

The last graph is mempool size in KB. At 20 sat/b there is roughly 1,700kb, once again how do I know if this a a lot?

I feel like I can read the graph it just don't mean much to me at this point. If someone could explain or direct me to a link that could explain I'd appreciate it.

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:11:05 PM

Mempool graph ---> https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h

I've been doing quite a bit of research on the Mempool.. still dont feel like I have the best understanding of it. From what I understand the mempool will tell you how many transactions, unconfirmed and pending transactions.

On the graph that says unconfirmed now there's roughly 1800 unconfirmed transactions @ 5 sat/b, how do I know if that a lot or not many? How do I gauge what sat/b fee I'd want to pay?

On the graph that says pending. At 10 sat/b there is roughly 2.3 BTC pending, how do I gauge if this is a lot or not?

The last graph is mempool size in KB. At 20 sat/b there is roughly 1,700kb, once again how do I know if this a a lot?

I feel like I can read the graph it just don't mean much to me at this point. If someone could explain or direct me to a link that could explain I'd appreciate it.

I am not that good with this, but I can give you a site. All I can say is that this site might not give you all the answers to your questions but I think it might help you with something. Hope it helps. https://99bitcoins.com/what-is-bitcoin-mempool/amp/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
New2coin (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:16:58 PM

I'll check it out, thank you!

On the unconfirmed graph, the higher the 'spike' the more unconfirmed transactions?  When it's sinks back down that would be the time to transfer because you can get a 5-20 sat/b confirmed?

I think I'm starting to get it.. who would pay 600+ sat/b ? It would push the transaction through fast I'm assuming? I wonder if that person is using a wallet that is charging a fortune?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: